Articgirl

A rep for our congressman contacted USCIS on our behalf

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She has been very helpful. Her phone call yeilded the following information.

- USCIS has hired staff to look after DACA applications. It has not impacted the ability of USCIS to process K1 visas.

- They are processing applications from July 18th.

- When my fiance told the congressman rep that they are processing applicants from Nov. Dec. she replied "that is not what she's being told".

Apparently they are sticking to their story. I have since forwarded her a bunch of information from this website. We will see where it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

She has been very helpful. Her phone call yeilded the following information.

- USCIS has hired staff to look after DACA applications. It has not impacted the ability of USCIS to process K1 visas.

- They are processing applications from July 18th.

- When my fiance told the congressman rep that they are processing applicants from Nov. Dec. she replied "that is not what she's being told".

Apparently they are sticking to their story. I have since forwarded her a bunch of information from this website. We will see where it goes.

Great work. I'm in the same spot with my senator's staff as well. They at first accepted the USCIS's non-answers, but now they are starting to see the inconsistencies between them and the USCIS's own data. I mean, it's ludicrous on its face that they can keep the processing time frame date the same for over three straight months and claim that DACA has not affected K1 processing. Beyond that, you may also want to send a complaint email to the USCIS ombudsman's office so that you can get their generic reply that acknowledges the delay in processing I-129Fs due to other priorities. That reply, as vague as it is, conflicts with what your rep was told. If you can forward that reply to your rep, it should help them see the extent of the shenanigans.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great work. I'm in the same spot with my senator's staff as well. They at first accepted the USCIS's non-answers, but now they are starting to see the inconsistencies between them and the USCIS's own data. I mean, it's ludicrous on its face that they can keep the processing time frame date the same for over three straight months and claim that DACA has not affected K1 processing. Beyond that, you may also want to send a complaint email to the USCIS ombudsman's office so that you can get their generic reply that acknowledges the delay in processing I-129Fs due to other priorities. That reply, as vague as it is, conflicts with what your rep was told. If you can forward that reply to your rep, it should help them see the extent of the shenanigans.

I already emailed the ombudsman. The generic email is very vague. It doesn't say "DACA" is the cause of the slip. Only that they are "realigning resources to address the processing times". I will send it but it's so vague. Do we know of any reason why the Nov. / Dec. applicants who recieved their NOA2's got theirs early?? Was their any hardship cases? Was there confirmed help from a politician? Was there anything or was it just blind luck that they got pulled??? I watch this forum like a hawk and haven't seen anything but I may have missed it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The late Nov-Dec approvals, from all appearances, seem to be "normal" cases. They are currently and actively working on this block of applications. It is obvious when you look at the daily approvals and RFEs from trolling the "my case status" receipt numbers from early December. And this is actual USCIS data, to the VJ timeline data "doubters" reading this.

I highly doubt that so many sequential cases have an expedite and/or congressman's help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone here live in the same Congressional District (California 48th) as the CSC? I wonder if an in-person visit by their Congressman (John Campbell - R) might be a good next step? The district is pretty small geographically covering Newport Beach, Tustin, Irvine, El Toro and Lagune Niguel so both his residence and local office are probably nearby which would make it easy for him to meet with the director on one of his visits home if he could be convinced to do so. It's worth asking if you live in this district and who knows perhaps the Congressman might take up our cause?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The late Nov-Dec approvals, from all appearances, seem to be "normal" cases. They are currently and actively working on this block of applications. It is obvious when you look at the daily approvals and RFEs from trolling the "my case status" receipt numbers from early December. And this is actual USCIS data, to the VJ timeline data "doubters" reading this.

I highly doubt that so many sequential cases have an expedite and/or congressman's help.

Do you know if it is legal to give information obtained from trolling "my case status" off the USCIS to a representative as proof? I want to prove using USCIS website that Nov-Dec cases ARE getting attention, but I don't want to find out that looking up these numbers is illegal or something. Your thoughts?

rwn5m5.png

K-1 Journey

09/24/2012 sent I-120F

09/27/2012 NOA1

04/19/2013 NOA2

04/30/2013 file received at NVC

05/07/2013 file received at Brazilian Consulate

06/11/2013 Interview in Rio de Janeiro - Approved!

07/18/2013 Visa Received (over one month delay at Consulate!)

07/19/2013 Fiancé entered USA

07/21/2013 Wedding

AOS

08/15/2013 sent AOS, EAD, and AP

01/27/2014 received Green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I already emailed the ombudsman. The generic email is very vague. It doesn't say "DACA" is the cause of the slip. Only that they are "realigning resources to address the processing times". I will send it but it's so vague. Do we know of any reason why the Nov. / Dec. applicants who recieved their NOA2's got theirs early?? Was their any hardship cases? Was there confirmed help from a politician? Was there anything or was it just blind luck that they got pulled??? I watch this forum like a hawk and haven't seen anything but I may have missed it.

Yah, I know the reply is vague and makes it hard to draw firm conclusions. But I'd couple it with the observation from my data thread that, besides DACA petitions, overall submissions to the CSC were down, not up, during the period from August, 2012 through January, 2013. There was no other priority that could justify pulling resources from I-129Fs. It's simply not there in the data (which is not VJ data--it's the USCIS's published stats).

Re the Nov/Dec, it seems very few if any were exceptional cases that had political or other help in getting expedites. They remain one of the great mysteries of the universe for the time being.

Edited by I & B

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

All of the November/December filers who got approved that I talked to on their profile page had no idea why they got approved, were completely surprised, did not file any expedites and chalked it up to dumb luck.

Yah, I know the reply is vague and makes it hard to draw firm conclusions. But I'd couple it with the observation from my data thread that, besides DACA petitions, overall submissions to the CSC were down, not up, during the period from August, 2012 through January, 2013. There was no other priority that could justify pulling resources from I-129Fs. It's simply not there in the data (which is not VJ data--it's the USCIS's published stats).

Re the Nov/Dec, it seems very few if any were exceptional cases that had political or other help in getting expedites. They remain one of the great mysteries of the universe for the time being.

Timeline

Someone from 12/17 at CSC was just approved yesterday. Let me guess,...another "expedite?"

Doubt it.

I want to be a december filler pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase !!

Timeline

I re-contacted my congressman's aide today myself, and have gotten somewhat good (?) news. Here's what he said:

I called the California Service Center and they informed me that--unofficially--they are up to mid-August in terms of processing. The officer I spoke with said USCIS has taken note of growing frustration at the extent of the I-129F backlogs (many Congressional offices are contacting them with cases just like yours) and are taking steps to remedy the situation.

at least it's different from the usual drivel we get.

Timeline

I re-contacted my congressman's aide today myself, and have gotten somewhat good (?) news. Here's what he said:

I called the California Service Center and they informed me that--unofficially--they are up to mid-August in terms of processing. The officer I spoke with said USCIS has taken note of growing frustration at the extent of the I-129F backlogs (many Congressional offices are contacting them with cases just like yours) and are taking steps to remedy the situation.

at least it's different from the usual drivel we get.

I want this to be true. But I have to ask if they are up to mid August, why do we still have so many July filers and early August filers still here on IGORs list.

Timeline

I want this to be true. But I have to ask if they are up to mid August, why do we still have so many July filers and early August filers still here on IGORs list.

I specifically mentioned to him the lack of action on the July through October cases, and the recent November and Deceomber approvals. He conveniently skirted those questions. It's interesting though that, according to his conversation with the USCIS officer, that they have been contacted by many congessional offices regarding the fiance visa. Maybe the pressure is finally getting to them. Here's hoping!!

Timeline

I specifically mentioned to him the lack of action on the July through October cases, and the recent November and Deceomber approvals. He conveniently skirted those questions. It's interesting though that, according to his conversation with the USCIS officer, that they have been contacted by many congessional offices regarding the fiance visa. Maybe the pressure is finally getting to them. Here's hoping!!

They'll say anything to go enjoy their weekend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.