meljon

wrong answer to question #17 (I-130)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh okay, thank you so much! Really much appreciated! Yes I put my name on the first part. :)

No I'm confused. Did your name get entered on the first line of section 17? Or, do you mean your information is on the top left part of page one? Does your spouse have any children? If you name is in 17 and she has no children, then N/A will be no problem. However, NONE would have been the correct answer because question IS applicable and the answer would be NONE if the foreign spouse has no children.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No I'm confused. Did your name get entered on the first line of section 17? Or, do you mean your information is on the top left part of page one? Does your spouse have any children? If you name is in 17 and she has no children, then N/A will be no problem. However, NONE would have been the correct answer because question IS applicable and the answer would be NONE if the foreign spouse has no children.

I mean yes I put all my information on the beneficiaries part. Oh well, so hate it but my answer was N/A.. :( My husband don't have any children.

Timeline

I mean yes I put all my information on the beneficiaries part. Oh well, so hate it but my answer was N/A.. :( My husband don't have any children.

Still confused. I take it you are a female US Citizen and that your Male foreign spouse's information is in the beneficiary section of page one of the I-130. Did you list yourself as the only name in section 17, (You are your foreign relative's spouse.) then enter N/A below that to indicate that your husband has no children? If so, no worries, but the answer should have been "NONE" instead.

If you did not do as indicated above, please be specific about what you did and where on the form you did it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Still confused. I take it you are a female US Citizen and that your Male foreign spouse's information is in the beneficiary section of page one of the I-130. Did you list yourself as the only name in section 17, (You are your foreign relative's spouse.) then enter N/A below that to indicate that your husband has no children? If so, no worries, but the answer should have been "NONE" instead.

If you did not do as indicated above, please be specific about what you did and where on the form you did it.

I'm sorry, yes I'm the "foreign relative's spouse". And I'm not the petitioner but I was the one who filled-out the I-130 and did the whole packet actually. I send the documents to my husband (petitioner) then he didn't notice about #17 too. I'm just so worried if it has a big impact on our petition but seems not as you said. So now I'm relieved and worry-free actually. Thank you so much for being kind answering my question. :)

So if you are the beneficiary, did you put your husband's name in #17? Do you have any children, even adult children? If so their names should have gone in #17 as well. Or did you just write n/a for the whole question?

Basically you, the beneficiary, filled out the petition for your husband to sign and mail. Is this correct?

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I'm sorry, yes I'm the "foreign relative's spouse". And I'm not the petitioner but I was the one who filled-out the I-130 and did the whole packet actually. I send the documents to my husband (petitioner) then he didn't notice about #17 too. I'm just so worried if it has a big impact on our petition but seems not as you said. So now I'm relieved and worry-free actually. Thank you so much for being kind answering my question. :)

If your husband is the petitioner, HE is the foreign relative's spouse. YOU are the foreign relative. It is HIS name as your spouse and the names of YOUR children that belong in section 17. Putting your name there instead of his is not a problem. Whether N/A below that is a problem, depends on whether YOU have children. Do you?

The I-130 is the US Citizen's petition in behalf of their foreign relative. It is not the foreign relative's petition. When the I-130 uses the word "your" in means "the petitioner's". When filing for a spouse, the foreign relative's spouse IS the PETITIONER. and the foreign relative's children are just that. In your case YOUR children.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

So if you are the beneficiary, did you put your husband's name in #17? Do you have any children, even adult children? If so their names should have gone in #17 as well. Or did you just write n/a for the whole question?

Basically you, the beneficiary, filled out the petition for your husband to sign and mail. Is this correct?

No, I didn't notice the question that much that's why I put N/A on it. I don't have any children and my husband as well. And yes I was the one who did the whole packet, except for his signature and his G325A.

If your husband is the petitioner, HE is the foreign relative's spouse. YOU are the foreign relative. It is HIS name as your spouse and the names of YOUR children that belong in section 17. Putting your name there instead of his is not a problem. Whether N/A below that is a problem, depends on whether YOU have children. Do you?

The I-130 is the US Citizen's petition in behalf of their foreign relative. It is not the foreign relative's petition. When the I-130 uses the word "your" in means "the petitioner's". When filing for a spouse, the foreign relative's spouse IS the PETITIONER. and the foreign relative's children are just that. In your case YOUR children.

Oh yes you're right. If that's the case then everything is okay. I don't have any children neither him. Thank you so much again. :)

Timeline

No, I didn't notice the question that much that's why I put N/A on it. I don't have any children and my husband as well. And yes I was the one who did the whole packet, except for his signature and his G325A.

Oh yes you're right. If that's the case then everything is okay. I don't have any children neither him. Thank you so much again. :)

Then no problem. Remember that later in the process, the I-864 is your husband's affidavit of support for YOU and the DS230 is YOUR visa application. Do be sure to pay VERY close attention to EVERY question on ALL forms.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Then no problem. Remember that later in the process, the I-864 is your husband's affidavit of support for YOU and the DS230 is YOUR visa application. Do be sure to pay VERY close attention to EVERY question on ALL forms.

Yes I will, I promise! And I will seek answers from this group again once the question is really confusing. Thank you so much! :)

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2013 is now closed to further comment.

A recent post has been split from this thread and given the topic title "Question -- I-130, Line 17 [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.