queromare

questions and misery

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys, very new here...what does touched mean and how can i tell if its happened (i feel like this is a sex ed question!!) ??

my husband is australian and in australia...i dont have my info with me for specific dates, but my i129f and i130 seem to be taking significantly more time than other peoples. i filed i130 at the end of march, havent heard a peep since the receipt notice early april. is that normal? it doesnt seem normal.

with the i129f filed immediately after i130 receipt, my first request for evidence was a paper that made me sign that my marriage wasnt arranged. did i miss something in the original application? are they allowed to just change legislation to make this a requirement halfway through a pending application? i received this in june and sent it out the next day. 3 weeks later i received a receipt, with another copy of this form! i called customer service and they said to send it in, just in case. i did. 2 weeks later i got a receipt.

then i didnt hear anything from them until october 22 when they sent another request for evidence for g325a..i had only sent one copy of each. does it say to send two on the instructions? i cant believe i could make such a big mistake. sent it out and got a receipt a couple days ago.

of course this whole time i have called incessantly and gotten zero information from customer service.

the third question is that after being lied to by the service center and them telling me that dcf and filing in the US takes the same amount of time, can i just say f this and go back to australia and try to file the dcf? it would probably be quicker at this point and im getting pretty desperate!

the last question is why do they have to be so torturous so randomly? ive read so many posts of people having theirs completed in a 1/4 of the time it has taken out. horrible sadists!!

also just filed a congressional inquiry with my local congressman to speak up on behalf of my case. well see what comes of that!

thanks for reading and for your help!!!

Met underwater on a coral reef: 2002 sometime

Started to see more of each other on field trips: 2003

Spent all night talking at a friends birthday party, fell in love, and moved in together: April 2004

Got married in Fiji!!: March 8, 2006

I went back to US, he went back to Oz: March 9, 2006

Soon to be reunited!! JANUARY 25TH!!

I 130

Sent: March 21, 2006

Received: March 31, 2006

Notice: April 4, 2006

Touched: April 6, 2006

Nothing...nothing...nothing

Filed USCIS inquiry: Dec 4, 2006

Touched: December 10, 2006

Touched: December 20, 2006

Congressional Inquiry opened: December 20, 2006

Touched: December 21, 2006

Touched: January 12, 2007

APPROVED! finally!: January 12, 2007

Touched: January 13, 2007

I 129F

Sent: April 05, 2006

Received: April 22, 2006

RFE IMBRA received by me: June 30, 2006

RFE Sent: June 31, 2006

RFE IMBRA received by office: July 17, 2006 IMBRA sent second time

RFE g325a received by me: November 4, 2006

RFE g325a received by office: November 14, 2006

Approved: November 22, 2006

Touched: December 08, 2006

Forwarded to Consulate: December 12, 2006

Phone call to Consulate to change address and WOW an interview date already set!!: December 27, 2006

Packet Received: January 7, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE IN SUVA!!!!!!!!! January 23, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds to me like things are really really taking longer than it should be.

A touch is what it means when you register online, and you see the date has changed for the last update. This means that someone has touched your file and scanned the barcode, although you don't always know what it means.

I'm not sure about the DCF, but I would definitely start calling people.

As for the G325A, you were supposed to send 1 copy for you (4 sheets) and one for your spouse (4 sheets). Sometimes they lose things though.

Sorry for all your delays.

hey guys, very new here...what does touched mean and how can i tell if its happened (i feel like this is a sex ed question!!) ??

my husband is australian and in australia...i dont have my info with me for specific dates, but my i129f and i130 seem to be taking significantly more time than other peoples. i filed i130 at the end of march, havent heard a peep since the receipt notice early april. is that normal? it doesnt seem normal.

with the i129f filed immediately after i130 receipt, my first request for evidence was a paper that made me sign that my marriage wasnt arranged. did i miss something in the original application? are they allowed to just change legislation to make this a requirement halfway through a pending application? i received this in june and sent it out the next day. 3 weeks later i received a receipt, with another copy of this form! i called customer service and they said to send it in, just in case. i did. 2 weeks later i got a receipt.

then i didnt hear anything from them until october 22 when they sent another request for evidence for g325a..i had only sent one copy of each. does it say to send two on the instructions? i cant believe i could make such a big mistake. sent it out and got a receipt a couple days ago.

of course this whole time i have called incessantly and gotten zero information from customer service.

the third question is that after being lied to by the service center and them telling me that dcf and filing in the US takes the same amount of time, can i just say f this and go back to australia and try to file the dcf? it would probably be quicker at this point and im getting pretty desperate!

the last question is why do they have to be so torturous so randomly? ive read so many posts of people having theirs completed in a 1/4 of the time it has taken out. horrible sadists!!

also just filed a congressional inquiry with my local congressman to speak up on behalf of my case. well see what comes of that!

and to register online, go here:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good move, things really happened for my wife and I after faxing our 2 senators and local congressman. I have emails responses from the embassy to the senators and congressmen and senators. I strongly beleive there played a big part in keeping our case moving forward.

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will not get good information by calling the service centers.

You always have the option of abandoning your case and doing DCF. As for timing differences? Since you are so deep in the K-3 then who knows.

YMMV

Timeline

you guys are amazing!! thank you so much for the information. i just did an 'ohhh no' because i submitted, by instruction from the customer service person, to send two copies of the form inside the g325a packet (for a total of 4 pages) rather than all 8 total of 4 copies for each of us. should i send more in?

Spent all night talking at a friends birthday party, fell in love, and moved in together: April 2004

I 130

I 129F

Phone call to Consulate to change address and WOW an interview date already set!!: December 27, 2006

AAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

DCF = Direct Consular Filing

We are kind of in the same boat as you. We haven't filed the I-130 and I-129F as long as you...but basically we are abandoning the current petitions...

Reading from peoples experience, as long as you are prepared, you can get the visa 2 - 4 months tops.

Goodluck! :thumbs:

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Queromare -- I just added a reply to your DCF post -- have a look there, but I think it's a great option for you!

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's so fast and easy and you're already married - that's half the battle.

REALLY EXAMINE DCF!!!! Read the guides and seriously consider it - will take MONTHS off of your filing time.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

While I understand your need to make something happen, you want to make sure you're not at cross-purposes with yourself.

First thing I see is that you've had an RFE on one of your petitions--which one?

Did you know that typically, approval appears within 30 days of an RFE return receipt? This is based on watching other folks' experiences over time and does not include the IMBRA RFE that was added to your case. (I don't know if your one additional copy will satisfy or if they're going to be freaks and want all four from each)

To answer your rhetorical question, yes of course they can add legislation that affects files currently in the pipeline. You are wasting energy if you continue to be ticked off by that.

The phonecalls are an equal waste of time.

I'd encourage you to think it over pretty well before dumping this and going for a DCF, and normally I'm the DCF cheerleader. It partly depends on which petition got the RFE and how much more money you're willing to spend to gain what amount of forward movement.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

we have tentatively decided that if in a month (when i am scheduled to visit anyways) we do not hear anything that we will abandon the US filing. the thing is that so little has happened...the time after we sent in the 'our marriage wasnt arranged' form until we got the second rfe was as long as it has taken most of you for the whole filing! we are averaging three months in between contacts or rfes and a change of status. so while i would love to believe that we would get an approval within 30 days, i feel like it is extremely unlikely in our case. this is for the i129f...havent heard anything about i130.

basically we are being driven to act foolishly and to waste a ridiculous amount of money that we dont have just to know where we stand. for SURE. 8 months of not seeing each other is pretty unbearable.

(the question about new legislation was not rhetorical, i work with many agencies and ive never heard of new legislation being retroactively applied to pending applications...im pretty sure that would not hold up in federal court if contested. im not really ticked off either, i just wish it hadnt happened).

does anyone know of any other recourse for speeding this up other than making a congressional inquiry? it would be really great if we didnt have to start all over.

I 130

I 129F

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It still looks as though you did not send in a complete g325. For yourself and your spouse there should have been 4 pages each totalling 8 in all. When you download this form if you look I believe on the bottom it will have the page numbers 1 through 4. They do look identical, but are four seperate pages.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
we have tentatively decided that if in a month (when i am scheduled to visit anyways) we do not hear anything that we will abandon the US filing. the thing is that so little has happened...the time after we sent in the 'our marriage wasnt arranged' form until we got the second rfe was as long as it has taken most of you for the whole filing! we are averaging three months in between contacts or rfes and a change of status. so while i would love to believe that we would get an approval within 30 days, i feel like it is extremely unlikely in our case. this is for the i129f...havent heard anything about i130.

basically we are being driven to act foolishly and to waste a ridiculous amount of money that we dont have just to know where we stand. for SURE. 8 months of not seeing each other is pretty unbearable.

(the question about new legislation was not rhetorical, i work with many agencies and ive never heard of new legislation being retroactively applied to pending applications...im pretty sure that would not hold up in federal court if contested. im not really ticked off either, i just wish it hadnt happened).

does anyone know of any other recourse for speeding this up other than making a congressional inquiry? it would be really great if we didnt have to start all over.

WRT your files, yoiu should take into consideration that there is some other reason your petition slowed down, like an IBIS hit or a namecheck issue. Going to the Consulate to file doesn't remove that obsticle and *could* (not will) create an additional problem or delay.

It's *generally* NOT a good idea to ditch a case in progress for an identical filing overseas.

I wrote some other stuff that I've taken out, but I have to point out that language like 'we are being driven to...' is counterproductive. You don't have the longest case, by a long shot. You are not being abused, the agency are not sadists, you are not being persecuted. I think you will have a lot better success with your case if you do some more reading and stick with the Congressional inquiry that you've now started.

I also do not understand how re-filing will let you know where you stand... ?

And, do you have the NOA date for your I-130 (when it was received?). Have you made sure you are in/out of normal processing range, as CIS defines it?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

meauxna, i appreciate your reality check. to be honest it never occurred to me that there could be a LEGITIMATE reason why our application was taking so long. what is an ibis hit? the extent of misinformation given to me lead me to believe that there is a serious incompetence issue in this agency, rather than a real reason, but that is not necessarily the case.

as for counterproductivity and language...this agency exists to serve its clients, who pay a lot of money, are kept almost completely in the dark and are given dead wrong information throughout an emotionally difficult process of unspecified length. you seem resigned to that reality but i am not. i understand many more people are suffering more than i am, but that does not bring me comfort. it makes me angrier. and anger at the process may seem counterproductive to you, but it leads to action for me. i dont know where you are in your immigration, maybe yours is complete and you forgot, but it HURTS. and writing (jokingly, nonetheless) about my distaste is the absolute least dramatic therapy for me to express the pain i have felt for 8 months. so please, leave that part alone, everybody copes in different ways, everybody has plenty to grieve over no matter how long the process is, and i am just happy i found sources that can help me get on the right track.

that said i think you have given excellent advice that will probably put an end to the DCF question for us, pending more information of course, and i am very interested in and appreciative of your input.

the i130 was received on march 31. i dont have the notice with me at work but i assume it is 180 days, since they are processing may 2 applications.

I 130

I 129F

Timeline

looked back on my records and i actually did send 4 sheets each to the rfe, despite the call center telling me 2 each!

I 130

I 129F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.