1,875 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hubby just paid my IV fee. In-process now. Hopefully its "paid" by Monday. reading.gif

Wait your good news friend!

Honey,I miss u so much....
F2A
My PD : 28SEP2011
NOA2 : 14JUN2013

Got Case Number : 9JUL2013

Complete: 01OCT2013

IL??????????

Edited by PermanentR
F2A
Nov-28-2012 - PD
Jul -16-2013 - approved
Aug-07-2013 - NVC received our case
Aug-21-2013 - case number assigned (by phone)
Aug-21-2013 - NVC sent DS-3032/I-864
Aug-26-2013 - received DS-3032/I-864 from NVC
Sen-16-2013 - Pay I-864 Bill

Sen-24-2013 - Return Completed I-864

Oct -23-2013 - received Checklist cover letter from NVC

Oct -31-2013 - DS-260 submitted

Nov-25-2013 - documents at NVC

Dec-04-2013 - received checklist

Dec-17-2013 - phoned NVC. documents haven't been checked yet.

Dec-20-2013 - received checklist

Jan------2014 - sent the originals of documents

Jan-27-2014 - case completed (by phone)

Mar-01-2014 - Interview Letter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hubby just paid my IV fee. In-process now. Hopefully its "paid" by Monday. reading.gif

Yay! You do know that you don't have to wait for it to show paid to send your IV package? Your husband might want to check that the money has left his account, but after it has, you can send your package to the NVC.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay! You do know that you don't have to wait for it to show paid to send your IV package? Your husband might want to check that the money has left his account, but after it has, you can send your package to the NVC.

Yeah we were able to print the IV cover sheet already. Was not able to do that with our AOS fee because of the error at the payment portal.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

My Wife's I 130 (F2A) got approved on July 11th 2013. I am trying to call NVC today ( Ph# 603-334-0700 ) to know my case#. I keep getting engage beep on the phone. Am i calling the right number? I really appreciate if anyyou can respond. Is it normal that the phone is busy? I can't even go to the press 1 then 5 to speak with an operator stage? Thanks in Advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

My Wife's I 130 (F2A) got approved on July 11th 2013. I am trying to call NVC today ( Ph# 603-334-0700 ) to know my case#. I keep getting engage beep on the phone. Am i calling the right number? I really appreciate if anyyou can respond. Is it normal that the phone is busy? I can't even go to the press 1 then 5 to speak with an operator stage? Thanks in Advance.

Its the right number - you just have to keep re-calling, and you will get through eventually.

If your I-130 was approved on July 11th, your NVC case number will be created about 2 weeks later, so you should call them this Thursday onwards. Ours was approved on June 24th and case number generated on July 8.

Hi everyone!!!

F2a Priority date: Feb 6,2012

My mom(LPR) sponsored my sister (<21 yrs old.). we just paid the AOS fee and we are now preparing the I-864. My mom doesn't have a job and I'm the one who sponsored them (and she is still my dependent).

Question:

1. Does she still needs to prepare the I-864?

2. or should I fill up the I-864 (I'm not the authorized agent) and since she doesnt pay taxes since she doesnt have a job.

3.Or should I just fill up I-864a?

4. If she need to fill up I-864, what document should I present since she doesnt have a job and pay taxes?

5. In Question 25 of I-864 what should I check since she doesnt pay taxes?

6.Does she still needs to sign the I-864 if I'm (the daughter) the one who prepared it or should I just Fill up Part 9 of the I-864?

Please advise.

Thanks...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its the right number - you just have to keep re-calling, and you will get through eventually.

If your I-130 was approved on July 11th, your NVC case number will be created about 2 weeks later, so you should call them this Thursday onwards. Ours was approved on June 24th and case number generated on July 8.

Thanks a lot Shabbera. i will call NVC this coming Thursday.

Timeline

Basically the AOS is a process whereby they want to make sure that the person immigrating will not be a burden on the state, until at least they become a citizen, so they require that someone makes a contract with the govt that if anything happens they will use their own financial resources to take care of that immigrant. There is a minimum they have to make, which is around 21000 for the first person and then add 5000 to that for each additional person you are sponsoring. Usually the Petitioner themselves have a job and meet that requirement. In my case I petitioned for my wife so I am the main petitioner. But similar to your case, I don't have an income b/c I'm a full time medical student. The govt doesn't care who does the sponsorship as long as they show their income and recent tax etc. That's why anyone can be used. In my case I used my cousin who has a job, but I could have used a friend or anyone else. I didn't use anyone in my own family because my father is retired and my other brothers are also full time students. If you use someone who is in your own family living at the same address as you, could be your parent, sibling, adult child, or someone just living with you who is contributing financially to your household, then it is a little different. In that case the main petitioner (your mom) files the I-864 for herself and whoever is going to contribute their income like you (daughter) should file the i-864a. Again you both have to have the same address.

For the AOS - the petitioner has to file an i-864 of their own even if they don't have an income the way I did. In addition, they can't file if they owe any taxes and haven't filed a federal income tax return yet. First they will have to do that and then get the IRS transcript of that tax return use that. In the case of anyone like your mom or like me who don't owe any taxes b/c we didn't work and didn't file any taxes for the last current year which is 2012, you just have to include a letter in the documents you send them stating that you are not working for the following reasons. If they are a housewife or retired you just state it as such, in my case I told them I am a full time medical student and attached a letter from my medical school.

In my case, since I used someone outside of my household, who is going to be showing the financial income, they are considered the Joint Sponsor. They have to do their own i-864 and provide their own documents. My cousin provided his last years income tax return transcript, few months back worth of pay stubs, and his proof of citizenship which can be the biographic page of the passport or the copy of the certificate you get if you are naturalized citizen that is acceptable as well.

There is no question 25, if you are referring to question 13 of part 6, then you just leave that unchecked.

She has to sign it on page 8 but you will have to fill out and sign on page 9. Use blank ink only.

If you have any questions let me know.

Hi everyone!!!

F2a Priority date: Feb 6,2012

My mom(LPR) sponsored my sister (<21 yrs old.). we just paid the AOS fee and we are now preparing the I-864. My mom doesn't have a job and I'm the one who sponsored them (and she is still my dependent).

Question:

1. Does she still needs to prepare the I-864?

2. or should I fill up the I-864 (I'm not the authorized agent) and since she doesnt pay taxes since she doesnt have a job.

3.Or should I just fill up I-864a?

4. If she need to fill up I-864, what document should I present since she doesnt have a job and pay taxes?

5. In Question 25 of I-864 what should I check since she doesnt pay taxes?

6.Does she still needs to sign the I-864 if I'm (the daughter) the one who prepared it or should I just Fill up Part 9 of the I-864?

Please advise.

Thanks...

Thanks for your response.

I'm just a little bit confuse on the definition of joint sponsor vs. household member because on the I-864 form it only says: siblings,adult children or parents. So I'm not sure if my husband(son in law of the petitioner) will fall under this and file I-864a or should he file a separate I-864 as joint sponsor.

We file taxes jointly and have the same address as my mom and me because we live together.

Mom (Petitioner)- file I-864 with zero income with letter of explanation of not paying taxes

Me(Daughter)- file I-864a as household member

Husband (son in law of petitioner)- what should he file I-864 (as joint sponsor) or I-864a as household member?

Please clarify.

Thanks everyone!!!

Timeline

It looks like he may have to file a separate i-864, call the NVC and they can give you a definite response.

Thanks for your response.

I'm just a little bit confuse on the definition of joint sponsor vs. household member because on the I-864 form it only says: siblings,adult children or parents. So I'm not sure if my husband(son in law of the petitioner) will fall under this and file I-864a or should he file a separate I-864 as joint sponsor.

We file taxes jointly and have the same address as my mom and me because we live together.

Mom (Petitioner)- file I-864 with zero income with letter of explanation of not paying taxes

Me(Daughter)- file I-864a as household member

Husband (son in law of petitioner)- what should he file I-864 (as joint sponsor) or I-864a as household member?

Please clarify.

Thanks everyone!!!

Timeline

My DS-3032 has been accepted :) - Now I wonder if they can give the Invoice number for the IV fee over the phone like they did for the AOS fee.

I was a bit surprised b/c the email came from the Islamabad embassy and not directly from the NVC.

Timeline

Do we have to wait for a new invoice number to pay the IV fee. The pay link is now functional for the IV fee but when you click it, it just takes you to the AOS receipt page.

Thanks

Yeah we were able to print the IV cover sheet already. Was not able to do that with our AOS fee because of the error at the payment portal.

what if I add my parents income with mine and reach above poverty guidelines? or my parents also meet the same criteria as I? Should they have also meet the poverty guidelines? or is it okay if I send it together? If I use my assets (bank balance etc) what should be the requirement for that? how much balance we have to show? if it is enough balance, do I still need another sponsor? Please help me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.