• 01April11
    • 08April11
    • 15April11
    • 22April11
    • 01May11 or later

501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok regarding about the bill steve talking about, here is what so far i found out. The bill is called CIR BILL or S744 (844pages). the BILL meaning is not a law until further discussion on the congress and senate till the president sign it into a law. guys this will take months if we are lucky enough or maybe years. this is not the first bill that was introduce by US lawmakers and was taken for granted for a better and benefits of all the immigrants. This bill CIR BILL will not jus actually affect on F2A categories also, such employment base petitions etc.. help me find more and all we do is to share and let the congress hear our thoughts as well. i will be posting (i hope to find the links into Congress agenda reagarding this BILL)more about this.

Timeline

Concentrate on the immigration laws NOW. Worry about that bill if it has been passed already. We shouldn't be too gullible. :no:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello joe, I am new in vs and its really helpful ,my priority date is 27 mar 11, actuall i want to ask you that how much time it take to get citizenship in f2a category ? and when will i get interview letter ? Pls reply if know and thank you in advance.......

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my journey. Received the passport today (apr 20), 5 days after our interview. We now have the tangible "golden ticket" in our hands to go and be one happy family :dance:

In relation to what Steve said about the bill, as what Joe also said, it's only a BILL and it would take time before it becomes a LAW. But it would definitely end the waiting time of all green card holders and their immediate family since one provision of this bill would be:

******** Immediate Relative now include a child or spouse of an alien admitted for lawful permanent residence

In short, the F2A category would be included in the IR category, thus there will be no waiting time for the visa number to be available, provided your case is approved.

BUT...remember that this is just a BILL, not a LAW. It will first be debated and modified in Senate for about two months. Then it will be sent to House. This bill will then again be debated in House and modified further - which may takes some more time.

STILL, hope will always be there, just keep on holding on... especially for all those who are separated from their loved ones.

Good vibes and Godbless to each and everyone :thumbs:

PD : NOVEMBER 22, 2010 INTERVIEW SCHEDULE : APRIL 15 AT 6:15 AM ~~~ APPROVED

F-2A Visa

Jesus once said, " I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".

Timeline

Hello joe, I am new in vs and its really helpful ,my priority date is 27 mar 11, actuall i want to ask you that how much time it take to get citizenship in f2a category ? and when will i get interview letter ? Pls reply if know and thank you in advance.......

bob it reallly depends on what state you leave,...the most is 3 years.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my journey. Received the passport today (apr 20), 5 days after our interview. We now have the tangible "golden ticket" in our hands to go and be one happy family :dance:

In relation to what Steve said about the bill, as what Joe also said, it's only a BILL and it would take time before it becomes a LAW. But it would definitely end the waiting time of all green card holders and their immediate family since one provision of this bill would be:

******** Immediate Relative now include a child or spouse of an alien admitted for lawful permanent residence

In short, the F2A category would be included in the IR category, thus there will be no waiting time for the visa number to be available, provided your case is approved.

BUT...remember that this is just a BILL, not a LAW. It will first be debated and modified in Senate for about two months. Then it will be sent to House. This bill will then again be debated in House and modified further - which may takes some more time.

STILL, hope will always be there, just keep on holding on... especially for all those who are separated from their loved ones.

Good vibes and Godbless to each and everyone :thumbs:

big yes, but let just hope it will tke in effect soon or later, i been here in states for almost half of my life but im still gonna be happy for those who is waiting for their visas,. as my visa as i expected to be available soon. the most is 2 months i guess.. lol.. by the way my PD is MAY 05, 2011.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.