Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Thanks Saylin and Hikergirl. :) I was a little confused but figured that's what they meant. It's good to confirm. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Yeah, not too sure about the PCC, if you sent it. But, if they say the IV package is accepted, that's good news. As far as I know, they do another review after both packages have been accepted, and then close the case. Let's hope the PCC passes the test a second time and they close the case.

Yeah I have my fingers crossed that everything goes well without another checklist/RFE! I already called NVC and spoke to 2 different people and both of them told me the IV package was completed. My AOS should be received tomorrow. I'll call tomorrow one more time to make sure again and then take a deep breath :lol:

Thanks Saylin and Hikergirl. :) I was a little confused but figured that's what they meant. It's good to confirm. :)

Yeah, it's something new NVC is doing I've noticed over the last few weeks. Maybe I'll update my wiki to reflect this, so not to alarm people in the future laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You get a star_smile.gif for sending the domicile stuff.

Then, I'd suggest sending a letter like the operator suggested, mentioning how your husband is currently living in Canada with you and only has a Canadian job. Mention you included CANADIAN pay stubs (and you may want to send some more again, starting that in the letter). Does he have a job lined up yet in the US? If he does, include the acceptance letter, or something else proving he has a job once he moves back to the US.

No, hubby unfortunately does not have a job lined up back in the US :( I wish he did but hopefully our lease with my FIL/MIL and their letter stating that will support us for when we move will suffice for proving domicile. fingers crossed!

I did end up including all that you had just mentioned in a letter with my RFE package!

RFE checklist received today, RFE Package sent out today. so thankful we are doing EP!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

No, hubby unfortunately does not have a job lined up back in the US :( I wish he did but hopefully our lease with my FIL/MIL and their letter stating that will support us for when we move will suffice for proving domicile. fingers crossed!

I did end up including all that you had just mentioned in a letter with my RFE package!

RFE checklist received today, RFE Package sent out today. so thankful we are doing EP!

Has he tried looking for a job in the US? If he can get documentation of his attempts for the interview, that'd be good. Try gathering as much as you can for the interview. I haven't seen any recent cases, so I don't know if Montreal is still strict about domicile.

And yes, EP definitely has some benefits!!

Has he tried looking for a job in the US? If he can get documentation of his attempts for the interview, that'd be good. Try gathering as much as you can for the interview. I haven't seen any recent cases, so I don't know if Montreal is still strict about domicile.

Someone, I forget who, was recently given the 221g form for domicile. So I don't think it's gone down in strictness.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Someone, I forget who, was recently given the 221g form for domicile. So I don't think it's gone down in strictness.

Thinking about proving domicile and the strictness of Montreal gives me the heebies jeebies. I'm hoping my package is good enough, I sent what others have : apartment lease, letter of support, uhaul estimate and bank statements. Not sure how to go about getting interviews .. hard to get future employers to even think about it if we dont know WHEN we would get approved and when we would be moving :( trying so hard to stay positive :wacko:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130

POST NVC

Today I received a checklist from the NVC for my IV fee.

I am waiting to pay this as I accepted a new job and between moving and delay of my first paycheck, I am low on funds.

Is this normal? Should I contact the NVC?

Dang...

Thinking about proving domicile and the strictness of Montreal gives me the heebies jeebies. I'm hoping my package is good enough, I sent what others have : apartment lease, letter of support, uhaul estimate and bank statements. Not sure how to go about getting interviews .. hard to get future employers to even think about it if we dont know WHEN we would get approved and when we would be moving :( trying so hard to stay positive :wacko:

Yeah, Montreal is a fairly easy embassy. The ONLY thing they're strict about is domicile.

That's good proof so far. Does he have a US driver's license? Voter registration's card? There's a long list on the second post in the FAQ, have you looked at those to see if you can include anything else? You can also create your own topic in the Canada regional forum asking for more ideas after you give a small explanation on your situation.

If you've provided as much information as you can for what you have, then go with that. It will probably work out for you, I thought all you had was the one letter! :blush:

He may have to move back ahead of you though, and start looking for jobs. It's just a thing that may have to happen so be prepared for it, but don't worry about it until it comes.

We have the same experience as my husband get laid off and we prioritize the basic needs so we decided to delay the payment until He got a new job unfortunately it took 18 days that we were able to pay it tsk tsk tsk misfortune, :) and now waiting for NVC to reply us about IV package that I sent last week.

I think, it is not necessary to inform NVC as long it wont expire the limit time of one year.

We have the same experience as my husband get laid off and we prioritize the basic needs so we decided to delay the payment until He got a new job unfortunately it took 18 days that we were able to pay it tsk tsk tsk misfortune, :) and now waiting for NVC to reply us about IV package that I sent last week.

I think, it is not necessary to inform NVC as long it wont expire the limit time of one year.

Just continue to keep in touch with them. The case expires one year after the last contact, not necessarily one year after you file the forms (though some things, like a police certificate or the support information may need to be updated eventually).

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: Timeline

hi again..ok so we got our invoice on the IV packet..which i just paid..now the anxious person i am, already have the IV packet ready to be sent in..besides what is posted for the requirements is there any extra additional documents to prepare to be one the safe side?...they received our AOS just yesterday how would i know if all the paper work is ok?..

Timeline

Dang...

Yeah, Montreal is a fairly easy embassy. The ONLY thing they're strict about is domicile.

That's good proof so far. Does he have a US driver's license? Voter registration's card? There's a long list on the second post in the FAQ, have you looked at those to see if you can include anything else? You can also create your own topic in the Canada regional forum asking for more ideas after you give a small explanation on your situation.

If you've provided as much information as you can for what you have, then go with that. It will probably work out for you, I thought all you had was the one letter! :blush:

He may have to move back ahead of you though, and start looking for jobs. It's just a thing that may have to happen so be prepared for it, but don't worry about it until it comes.

In order to get his Ontario driver license, they took away his Florida one! His voter registration card is so beat up..i hope they'll still accept it. His car still has a lien on it with SunTrust, do you think that could be proof for domicile?

I know i'll need his 2012 tax info for the interview and that's too much for me to handle, even though he's got no US income for that year he's sitll gotta file and I learned something new - I HATE AMERICAN TAX FORMS! good thing he gets an automatic extension because he lives in Canada and we need to file his Canadian income. :crying::blink:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

I-130

POST NVC

hi again..ok so we got our invoice on the IV packet..which i just paid..now the anxious person i am, already have the IV packet ready to be sent in..besides what is posted for the requirements is there any extra additional documents to prepare to be one the safe side?...they received our AOS just yesterday how would i know if all the paper work is ok?..

Besides the requirements listed on the FAQ, guides, and NVC, there may be country-specific requirements. Please follow the link in the first post.

And to know if packages are accepted, you need to call NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.