joseph22

Evidence of Relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone ever bothered to include something like MSN or IM conversations as part of their proof of relationship?

My fiance and I of course have all the good stuff such as photos together, my travel receipts/docs, emails.... but we only speak on the phone through calling card, and have loads of MSN conversations also. I have been saving them for months now for our petition, but wondering if they are relevant. They dont really have anything like a routing or date stamp like emails do, just a back and forth dialogue...

I'll put some in to fatten things up if it seems relevant...so far we have:

-photos together from a recent trip

-all of my travel docs from that trip (passport stamp, hotel, etc)

-2 emails from me, 2 emails from her

-photocopies of a few handwritten cards she sent to me

does this sound descent?

THANKS!!!!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'd say you're ok with what you already have, but then I'm far from being an expert.

I included pretty much what you did (plus phone bills though) and was approved without problems. I didn't include msn chat transcripts.

But hey, it can't be wrong to include them... so maybe - for your peace of mind - include them.

OK, I admit, I'm not too helpful. :blush:

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For the I-129F you need to prove that you have met and a picture of you two together provides that evidence. We used pictures, emails and bording passes on a flight we took together and had no problems..

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have the time to process them, then why not include them? My sweet wife and I have communicated via email and IM chat (among everything else... phone, sms, visit, etc... ) for about three years. Even just putting in two emails and/or IMs per month is already 72 (144 for both) documents. That's at least 144 pages of documentation, *if* each of these are only one page (your emails, like ours, probably contain previous replies, so some may get fairly long). If they're more pages, then you're all that much stronger. Adding 150+ pages of proof sounds like a good plan to me :) One less reason for them to say your evidence is inadequate, I would think! However, I would be careful about only 2 each... I think I read somewhere in a VJ thread that someone that only submitted a few was asked for more. So I'd say give 'em plenty or don't give them anything. I haven't been through any of this, though, so take my advice accordingly. My preference is to overwhelm as opposed to leave them any reason to ask for more (we're working on preparing a couple hundred photos presently). Who's going to ask for another 150 pages of emails? ;) Also, if you're submitting emails, it would probably be best to make sure that you're turning on "full headers" so they can see all the information about the emails and not just the to/from jazz. ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

we included tickets, passport stamps, his flight information email, photos....as for evidence of relationship we sent:

- a selection of emails, at least two for each month to show consistency

- MSN chat logs, one for each month....for the ones saved in rtf, we added the date of the chat into the header

- SKYPE call history

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Timeline

Great! This is all very helpful!

We have saved all emails and MSN chats since about August 2005.

We actually met almost a year prior, but never thought to save things like this until we seriously started talking about the K1. Do you think it makes any difference that they dont catalogue our ENTIRE relationship?

Mind you, in the course of 6 months, there are more MSN and emails than I can count!

If you have the time to process them, then why not include them? My sweet wife and I have communicated via email and IM chat (among everything else... phone, sms, visit, etc... ) for about three years. Even just putting in two emails and/or IMs per month is already 72 (144 for both) documents. That's at least 144 pages of documentation, *if* each of these are only one page (your emails, like ours, probably contain previous replies, so some may get fairly long). If they're more pages, then you're all that much stronger. Adding 150+ pages of proof sounds like a good plan to me :) One less reason for them to say your evidence is inadequate, I would think! However, I would be careful about only 2 each... I think I read somewhere in a VJ thread that someone that only submitted a few was asked for more. So I'd say give 'em plenty or don't give them anything. I haven't been through any of this, though, so take my advice accordingly. My preference is to overwhelm as opposed to leave them any reason to ask for more (we're working on preparing a couple hundred photos presently). Who's going to ask for another 150 pages of emails? ;) Also, if you're submitting emails, it would probably be best to make sure that you're turning on "full headers" so they can see all the information about the emails and not just the to/from jazz. ttyl,

mich

Proving one has a bonafide marriage/relationship at the interview stage is a little different then what is required for the intitial submission of the I-129F for a fiance ;)

joseph22.....

Ensure you have strong evidence of having met within the required 2 year period, which is what is requested that you prove in order for a petition to be approved. As opposed to evidence of having met that can leave an adjudicator questioning, yet one has submitted an over abundance of relationship evidence which in itself is not evidence of having met and could have its pit falls. Have a read of THIS THREAD where this is discussed.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thank you Aussiwench.

Your post has been most helpful as usual.

We have taken special care, as you said to focus, on evidence of having been together in person for the I129.

All the documented proof of being together overseas, VERY recent photos etc, all very neatly categorized and labeled to any required specs.

We will include what we think is reasonable and nonredundant paperwork for the proof of relationship part (emails, MSN, hand letters, etc), but make sure she has a bulk of stuff to walk into the interview with above and beyond the petition!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There is no need to send IM or chat records in with the initial petition - evidence that you have talked does not count as evidence that you have MET IN PERSON. For that you want the all-important photos, itineraries, hotel receipts, boarding passes etc.

But they are a form of evidence that you can take to the interview with you... I printed out about ten pages of randomly selected chat transcripts, a bunch of emails, and the complete contents of our electronic 'love letter diary' and took them all along to the interview... only we didn't need to show them ANY of it! They didn't even ask to see a photo from our massive engagement album.

Edited by Kajikit

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.