QS19

RFE-I864A - Help Plss......

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So Today I received an email from NVC saying:

Checklist for I-864A (filed by MY HUSBAND name as my cosponsor )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

General Instructions

[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes

the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order

to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

Part 2 Sponsor's Promise

[x] On line 13, the (sponsor) has not correctly entered his/her own name in the blank, "I, the sponsor

__"MY NAME"_________________________________ in consideration…".

[x] The (sponsor) has not signed and/or dated his/her name on the appropriate line.

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be original.

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be in blue or black pen.

Now my question is:

Why would I put my name(as the petitioner) in Part 2- line 13 and sign it if its my husband who is promising and filling out the I864A ? (I already filled out the I864 and looks like it was accepted since they did not ask for anything else......Confused.....Pls help......

:help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

the petitioner fills out the i-864, NOT the beneficiary. the petitioner is the main sponsor.. always

The better question is who is the beneficiary in this case? It might not be her husband.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I am the Petitioner and benificary is MY MOM....Hubby helping me out as co sponsor (filled I864A) because I do not meet the poverty line....

NVC Wants me to put my name in Pt 2. line 13 and sign it,,,,(although I admit hubby forgot to sign that part) but why would NVC want to have my name and not leave hubby name and have him sign it??

I wanted to call NVC today but unfortunately its the weekend and their closed =(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So Today I received an email from NVC saying:

Checklist for I-864A (filed by MY HUSBAND name as my cosponsor )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

General Instructions

[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes

the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order

to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

Part 2 Sponsor's Promise

[x] On line 13, the (sponsor) has not correctly entered his/her own name in the blank, "I, the sponsor

__"MY NAME"_________________________________ in consideration…".

[x] The (sponsor) has not signed and/or dated his/her name on the appropriate line.

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be original.

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be in blue or black pen.

Now my question is:

Why would I put my name(as the petitioner) in Part 2- line 13 and sign it if its my husband who is promising and filling out the I864A ? (I already filled out the I864 and looks like it was accepted since they did not ask for anything else......Confused.....Pls help......

:help:

Because that is how the form works and what it calls for. Read the form and instructions for it. It is a contract between the sponsor filling out the I-864 and a household member that is agreeing to combine their income with yours. You must fill out that section of the form and sign there. Your husband signs in another part below.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Because that is how the form works and what it calls for. Read the form and instructions for it. It is a contract between the sponsor filling out the I-864 and a household member that is agreeing to combine their income with yours. You must fill out that section of the form and sign there. Your husband signs in another part below.

Thanks Jay-Kay.....I went back to the instructions it doesn't say that the Main (Me) sponsor has to sign it......it does mentions however that:

If the sponsor you are promising to your income available to is sponsoring the principal intending immigrant (the sponsor should have YES as his answer to item #8 of his form I-864 - WHICH I I DID).......

Thanks Jay-Kay.....I went back to the instructions it doesn't say that the Main (Me) sponsor has to sign it......it does mentions however that:

If the sponsor you are promising to your income available to is sponsoring the principal intending immigrant (the sponsor should have YES as his answer to item #8 of his form I-864 - WHICH I I DID).......

ohhhhh wait a min!!! your right!!! My bad!!!...after thoroughly reading it!! Part 2 is stating the I the sponsor IN CONSIDERATION OF THE HOUSEHOLD ( MY COSPONSOR) MEMBER's promise to support the ff intending immigrant.....

then Part 3 is for Househould/co sponsor (hubby) to sign

THANK U everyone!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.