pancu

interview today

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi today i had interview at philadelphia local office.. my officer was a man and he is like a idiot . my interview was so odd. they asked me about my relationship with my wifes. i bringed all document which i submitted before.firstly he asked me civis questions and then he went to the application check.. he asked me that questions

Then he proceeded to the civic questions:

-What does the President cabinet do? - advises the president

-How many justices are there on the supreme court? - 9

-Name one branch or part of the government? - Legislative

-If both the President and vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President? - Speaker of the house

-What did the Declaration of Independence do? - declared our independence from Great Britain.

i answered them correctly. my lawyer was with me but she did not do anything..it was very fast just 20 minutes may be .o arrested ones time because of traffic ticket.. i got ticket i forgat to pay thats why i did not go to the court. i arrested and stayed just one night in detention centre..he asked me about me and my wifes relationship. at the end of the interview he said you passed civic test but desicion can not be made now we will mail to you later between 30 - 90.. damn it is too long time i m so sad and nervous now. pls just write comment and advice me .. whats gonna be happen after this time ??my case maybe denied i think . i do not know did you guys head any denied case because of which reason??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

hi today i had interview at philadelphia local office.. my officer was a man and he is like a idiot . my interview was so odd. they asked me about my relationship with my wifes. i bringed all document which i submitted before.firstly he asked me civis questions and then he went to the application check.. he asked me that questions

Then he proceeded to the civic questions:

-What does the President cabinet do? - advises the president

-How many justices are there on the supreme court? - 9

-Name one branch or part of the government? - Legislative

-If both the President and vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President? - Speaker of the house

-What did the Declaration of Independence do? - declared our independence from Great Britain.

i answered them correctly. my lawyer was with me but she did not do anything..it was very fast just 20 minutes may be .o arrested ones time because of traffic ticket.. i got ticket i forgat to pay thats why i did not go to the court. i arrested and stayed just one night in detention centre..he asked me about me and my wifes relationship. at the end of the interview he said you passed civic test but desicion can not be made now we will mail to you later between 30 - 90.. damn it is too long time i m so sad and nervous now. pls just write comment and advice me .. whats gonna be happen after this time ??my case maybe denied i think . i do not know did you guys head any denied case because of which reason??

I can't advise you because I have no solid advice (from experience). But, you paid an attorney to accompany you, so he is the one who should be able to answer your questions. I don't think it s unusual for IO to ask about the relationship between the applicant and their spouse, since they (you) are filing on the basis of that relationship. I saw your next post and if you obsess about checking your online status you will drive yourself insane. Calm down (you really have no choice.) Good luck !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If he said you passed the civics test, did you pass the written and English test? If you pass those it is usually something in your files ( possibly your arrest ) that is holding up the verdict of your case. Its likely they just need to look into that part more.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

yes i passed the civic tests but desicion can not be made about your application. thats it i do not understand. now i need to just wait.. yes i paid a lot money to the lawyer. officer also said me like a oh my god did you bring your lawyer.. really i did not need her but she said your case is a little bit complication thats why i need to come to you..officer asked my a few question about my relationship and my wifes.. he said me after all done.. my supervisior will review your arrest case .. but the interview was so odd ..i do not have any hope to get a good news so pls advice me whats gonna happen now or what can be happen ..how many days or month should i wait??

after interview passed to the civic test but desicion can not be made now because of some reason( mine is arrest ) the question is how many days or month should we have to wait to get a new from uscis??

OR DESICION CAN NOT BE MADE NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN????????????

Delay isn't denial. Meanwhile, only unless you update your timeline, disclose details about your arrest, outcome of arrest and time of arrest could you get accurate responses.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

related topics merged to keep it all in one thread

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

DONT WORRY....i know how frustating is during this process....you just have to wait patienly...i went thru the same thing in utah...i went to mi interview for my citizenship in august 21 2012 and i was told the same.....i had to turn more RFE like they call it....but since oct 2012 when they asked me for more rfe i did not hear anything until december 26 when they placed my application on the oath ceremony que and then finally on march 3 my status change to oath ceremony schedulle and now i have a date and place for my ceremony in utah......but this is all i can advise you....WAIT PATIENLY AND DO NOT GO CRAZY LOL......everything will be okay...good luck my friend

hector you are my best friend man.. i understand that you waited a long time but finally you got good new abut your application..yeah my arrest case is gonna be problem i know but yesterday was my interview day.my interview was so odd.IO has more paperwork about me and we submitted all document we sent also i brought there .. he wanted again evidence about that together living with my wifes and asked me about my wifes.. it was like a 751 case interview..i mean are they gonna make a home investigation or call to house about the relative reality? he said my supervisior review again your arrest case.. i had a trefic ticket and i forgat to pay bu also i thought that i paid but did not .. thats why i did not go to court so later police stoped me on the way and they arrest me i paid money and i just stayed one night in detention center after mornng they let me out ..here is a little bit explanation about my stiuation .. so how is your advice again ??

curious, what did you put as your answer where the n400 application asks you if you've ever been arrested, detained? that can make or break your application if you lied.. traffic tickets usually have no bearing in your application unless they are dui related.. however you were arrested because of non payment.. talk to your lawyer.. you already paid good money for their service.. oh.. and just because the interview didn't go your way, does not justify calling the io an idiot.. he's just doing his job..

Edited by av8or

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

avor8.. my arrested story is that one day i got ticket about speed and i forgot to pay it i thought i paid but i did not so thats why i did not go to the court ..speed ticket limit was 65 but my speed was 92.. anyway my ticket amount was 299$.. several mounth later police stoped me and they arrest me i paid my all ticket my dl was suspended.the reason of my arres.. drive card with suspended driver licance out of state..i stayed one night at detention center and i paid 2800$ with bailbond.. then they let me put..no injured or no public damage or nothingelse.my IO was so fast..he almost did not look my face .. always was working on my paperwork while he was asking to my questions.. can i ask question to you guys..?? is there any camera to recorded out interview? are they gonna check home investigation while desicion can not made now.. i mean still case pending ?? are they gonna care of my behaviour during the interview ?? because i was a litlle bit exciting.. at the beginning i sat down directly but he said stend up and raise upyour hand we will start oat allegiance..they will review my whole paperwork or just arrest case ?? advice pls ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

after interview passed to the civic test but desicion can not be made now because of some reason( mine is arrest ) the question is how many days or month should we have to wait to get a new from uscis??

OR DESICION CAN NOT BE MADE NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN????????????

They just have to dig more into your background and maybe verify everything is cleared before making a decision. All you have to do know is wait. Hopefully you hear back from them in a timely matter. They quoted you 30-90 days so that timeframe for waiting should be expected.

Our Naturalization Journey (Detailed timeline in About Me section)

01/14/2013 Mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
01/18/2013 N-400 fees check cashed
01/18/2013 NOA Received (Biometrics appointment)
02/04/2013 Early Biometrics (Original date 02/14/2013)
02/07/2013 Status changed to in line for interview
02/13/2013 Received 2nd NOA (Interview scheduled)
02/15/2013 Received yellow letter from USCIS to bring DL
03/18/2013 N-400 Interview

03/20/2013 Status changed to in que for Oath ceremony
03/29/2013 Status changed to Oath ceremony scheduled and letter sent

04/01/2013 Received Oath Letter
04/09/2013 Oath Ceremony (N-400 completed in 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

avor8.. my arrested story is that one day i got ticket about speed and i forgot to pay it i thought i paid but i did not so thats why i did not go to the court ..speed ticket limit was 65 but my speed was 92.. anyway my ticket amount was 299$.. several mounth later police stoped me and they arrest me i paid my all ticket my dl was suspended.the reason of my arres.. drive card with suspended driver licance out of state..i stayed one night at detention center and i paid 2800$ with bailbond.. then they let me put..no injured or no public damage or nothingelse.my IO was so fast..he almost did not look my face .. always was working on my paperwork while he was asking to my questions.. can i ask question to you guys..?? is there any camera to recorded out interview? are they gonna check home investigation while desicion can not made now.. i mean still case pending ?? are they gonna care of my behaviour during the interview ?? because i was a litlle bit exciting.. at the beginning i sat down directly but he said stend up and raise upyour hand we will start oat allegiance..they will review my whole paperwork or just arrest case ?? advice pls ??

I would imagine they do not have cameras back in the interview area, but getting excited won't but you in front of the to get your case processed either. They can and will review your entire file. would think unless there was a red flag in the file or with something you said they will not need to make a home visit. But for curiously, what the heck to your attorney did and what is he saying? At this stage most of us are past using lawyers. The paperwork is straightforward and it's just a matter of getting your docs together. So, you must have gotten something from him. I am not giving you a hard time. But you are coming here for advice, which everyone is happy to give you, but you paid someone for advice. Are you checking to see if our advice lines up with his/hers or did not get any ? Good luck in any event !

i asked to my lawyer after interview she said should be fine just wait be relax but i do not trust her .. she is not professional she just care of money talking thats it ..she did not do anything at the interview time..she just said.. what do they need to get document we gave them allready more document thats it.. so why IO said me desicion can not be making now?? i just do not understand and 30-90 is too long friends..did hey already more search about me and my relationship before interview??did you guys hear anybody who havesame stiuation about my case..i mean he or she got desicion can not be made now??if they had..did they get respond earlier then 1 month or just regular quote 30-90 they got respond ..??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.