Ronn63

2nd Senator Contact

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Also some people are probably feeling more stressed out because they have outside conditions that make them in a hurry and have more to lose. Personally, i have a 22 months old son that has seen his father 3 times for a few weeks since we have started this process (we were living together in the US before), he is growing up fast and this mess with CSC is making me angry as well.

I totally empathize here. My little guy will be 1 in couple of weeks. I feel really lucky that I can at least go down every 3 or 4 months and spend a little time, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that I am missing out on so much. That you guys have had to go 22 months... ouch! Dios nos ampare!

I totally empathize here. My little guy will be 1 in couple of weeks. I feel really lucky that I can at least go down every 3 or 4 months and spend a little time, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that I am missing out on so much. That you guys have had to go 22 months... ouch! Dios nos ampare!

Lol it hasn't been 22 months that we've been apart. It has been 9 months (a little before we started the k1 process). Our son is almost 22 months. But anyway i should have my NOA2 in less than 30 days now thanks to my congressman.

I just find it crazy and stupid that USCIS prefers to expedite militaries than people who have a child together...

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Lol it hasn't been 22 months that we've been apart. It has been 9 months (a little before we started the k1 process). Our son is almost 22 months. But anyway i should have my NOA2 in less than 30 days now thanks to my congressman.

I just find it crazy and stupid that USCIS prefers to expedite militaries than people who have a child together...

I am not going to begrudge the military their expedites; they are providing a public service to our country that more often than not requires great sacrifice to them. I also think there should be expedites for children, but I can also see the other side of the coin, that this may become a loophole that people use to get their cases processed faster. However, I am also on record thinking that we should be allowed to pay a premium for expedited processing (which is quite unpopular on these forums). I really would just settle for efficient processing of the applications. None of us would be as outraged as we are if we could just see CSC actually approving petitions, something on par with the way VSC is currently processing them. Further, we would all be a lot more forgiving if you could really communicate with USCIS and get real information about status and prognosis. It is those failings that push normal people over the edge.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm totally depressed knowing that I have to move all my furniture, all alone, it's not whining but I only have 3 months left... And then find a house, a school, Green Card papers and get married. All this before September... And no NOA2. I'd feel relieved if I had an answer. I know they don't bother French in the interview.

How do you all know that CSC can't handle DACA properly and how do you know they were doing this? You are all well-informed, much more than I am.

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thread closed at the OP's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.