SarAyouBliss

Received a NOIR - Change of Lawyer, help plz

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

We are astounded hard, we received the NOIR 4 days ago, the main thing they're saying, is the CO determined our marriage was entered into primarily for circumventing immigration laws, it means we are considered scammers both me and my wife!! We are given only until April 14, 2013 to submit evidences, we have a lawyer since the initial filing, we haven't been assisted by him enough and now we are considering hiring a new lawyer, how does it work to hire a different new lawyer?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can do whatever you want, really, for the rebuttal -

--use prior lawyer

--use new lawyer

--do it yourself

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

you can do whatever you want, really, for the rebuttal -

--use prior lawyer

--use new lawyer

--do it yourself

Thanks Darnell, why we want a new lawyer is because the USCIS is needing certain explanations + evidences, the explanations have to give insight into the nature of our "claimed" relationship and convince that we have a bona fide marital relationship, my wife just got a new employment and has no time free to write the explanations, additionally, my English remains poor for writing such explanations, our current lawyer is not not dependable, you can see why we are in need for a new lawyer.

Edited by SarAyouBliss

Timeline

So get busy, engage with an attorney today !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

nope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do it yourselves. It takes more time to schedule and arrange things with a lawyer then it does to write an explanation yourself. Alot of regular normal people have done it. And you should do it now. The sooner you send in the papers then sooner you get your reaffirmation.

If it is just evidence they want-then give them 4 pounds of evidence. chat history, skype pics with you and her, you and her kids, you and her family, her and your family on skype or yahoo.

Send proof that you are on her health insurance, you are her life insurance beneficiary, your name on her verizon phone bill...cards you sent each other

In the last 8 months since your interview has she visited again? Then send those tickets and food bills and pics with dates on them

Having a lawyer will cost you time. You still have to provide the evidence to him. you still have to search for the chats, emails, webcams...

The choice is yours but if all they want is proof of relationship then you can do it yourselves much quicker

Edited by together4never13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also recieved a NOIR and had to file an EOIR29 i did all the work myself you need to submit alot of evidence of emails phone records visits to morocco before and after the interview and also submit a letter explaining everything they are trying to say is not true about you relationship also send letter from family friends that know about your relationship and send pictures also if you need any more help let me know

Shayma

Peace & Much Love

~ SouSou~

Timeline

Thanks Darnell, why we want a new lawyer is because the USCIS is needing certain explanations + evidences, the explanations have to give insight into the nature of our "claimed" relationship and convince that we have a bona fide marital relationship, my wife just got a new employment and has no time free to write the explanations, additionally, my English remains poor for writing such explanations, our current lawyer is not not dependable, you can see why we are in need for a new lawyer.

If your wife can't take the time to provide proof and write explanations to convince them your marriage is bona fide then how are you going to prove to the consulate that they are wrong? You can hire 20 lawyers but if none of the evidence is coming from your wife and you are doing all the work , that could be what is causing all the suspicion. Make the time!!

Timeline

If your wife can't take the time to provide proof and write explanations to convince them your marriage is bona fide then how are you going to prove to the consulate that they are wrong? You can hire 20 lawyers but if none of the evidence is coming from your wife and you are doing all the work , that could be what is causing all the suspicion. Make the time!!

My wife just got a better job, she can't take couple of days off, I'm doing all the explanations with my poor English hoping that the lawyer put it in a professional language style, in the other hand, im gathering maximum evidences, so bad, we had submitted original copies of several items as evidences through the NOA1&2 and NVC stages prior to the first interview, we got no copies of them!! I'm under huge pressure because i need to get everything ready to ship on Monday because the delivery time will take 5 days minimum from Casablanca > California, the NOIR letter was originally mailed on March 14, 2013, i don't know when our lawyer received it but he faxed it to my wife on the 18th, each minute counts now, im gonna try to sleep now. thanks guys

Timeline

I just want to point out that you aren't giving yourself enough credit, your english is quite good. Do you actually get a chance to look at what your lawyer is submitting on your behalf once he goes through the evidence you sent? Unless you know a lot of people that know your lawyer and have had good experiences , I wouldn't trust them with my future or paperwork. That's just me! Now on the other hand , you state you want a new lawyer....I have heard that a lot of people on this website are very impressed with Mark Ellis , I think his contact here is Ellis island, someone help with this if you know more about this lawyer. I have seen a few things he's submitted on here and he seems genuinely interested in helping couples unite according to immigration law and is very knowledgeable!

Timeline

I just want to point out that you aren't giving yourself enough credit, your english is quite good. Do you actually get a chance to look at what your lawyer is submitting on your behalf once he goes through the evidence you sent? Unless you know a lot of people that know your lawyer and have had good experiences , I wouldn't trust them with my future or paperwork. That's just me! Now on the other hand , you state you want a new lawyer....I have heard that a lot of people on this website are very impressed with Mark Ellis , I think his contact here is Ellis island, someone help with this if you know more about this lawyer. I have seen a few things he's submitted on here and he seems genuinely interested in helping couples unite according to immigration law and is very knowledgeable!

Thank you Destiny64, I get no chance to look at what our lawyer is submitting, my wife will, I'm going to make emphasis of the the items that should be submitted, looking at the facts against us that were concluded by the CO i can also find facts to rebut the CO's ones but using evidences, here i mean explanations, each explanation needs piece(s) of evidence to support it, therefore, i don't know how to find Ellis island, i tried the member finder filter but no result, meanwhile, surrounded by papers, i'm fasting.

Timeline
http://www.marcellislaw.com good luck, maybe he can help you organize. If you don't mind , what are the reasons for the consular thinking you are scammers? Did they actually give a detailed explanation as to why they think that?

Timeline

http://www.marcellislaw.com good luck, maybe he can help you organize. If you don't mind , what are the reasons for the consular thinking you are scammers? Did they actually give a detailed explanation as to why they think that?

Thank you for the lawyer's website, yes they gave details on the letter explaining why they think we are scammers:

" The petitioner and beneficiary were married in Casablanca, Morocco on October 11, 2010. During a visa application interview at the American Embassy in Casablanca, Morocco, the interviewing officer determined that the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary was a sham entered into primarily for circumventing immigration laws. The interviewing officer concluded that there was a good and sufficient cause to believe that the beneficiary never intended to establish a life with the petitioner. The consular officer based this determination on the following facts.

· The case contained a significant number of high fraud indicators seen repeatedly in Moroccan marriage fraud cases. Namely, the couple met online, the petitioner has been married twice before, and both the petitioner and the beneficiary are or were recently (during the relationship) either unemployed or underemployed. Additionally, the petitioner's latest divorce was final only six months before her marriage to the beneficiary, well after their relationship was established . All these factors make it socially and culturally unacceptable for the two to marry.· The petitioner has not returned to Morocco since the marriage, nearly two years ago.

· The beneficiary was very unfamiliarwith many details surrounding his wife's current employment regular activities. (NOT TRUE AT ALL)

· The couple provided stacks of supporting documents several feet tall to prove the legitimacy of their relationship, an excessive over-documentation never before seen by the interviewing officer.

Additionally, according to the beneficiary, the petitioner was unemployed between 2008 and 2011. The employment history of both the beneficiary and the petitioner raised concern as they fit a fraud pattern in Morocco of the underemployed or unemployed women, usually significantly older than the Moroccan beneficiary, marrying underemployed or unemployed Moroccan men)seeking to manipulate these women for immigration benefit. Along with the significant age difference, the petitioner's prior marriage, the petitioner's divorce very soon before her marriage to the beneficiary , and the fact that the petitioner has not returned to Morocco since the wedding, the case has an overwhelming number of fraud indicators.

When asked specific questions about the petitioner, the beneficiary was able to answer with such a degree of exactness and specificity to suggest that he had memorized many facts, such as the dates of her previous marriages.

The beneficiary said his wife is very faithful in attending church every Sunday; however,he did not know any details about the church, such as its denomination or its size. ( I SIMPLY SAID MY WIFE IS CHRISTIAN).

After a review of the excessive amount of supporting documentation provided with the case, the beneficiary returned for a second interview. The interviewing officer gave the beneficiary the opportunity (THREE MINUTES MAXIMUM OFFERED BY THE CO) to give more details to support the legitimacy of the marriage.

Based on the foregoing, it appears that the marriage between the petitioner and the beneficiary is not valid for immigration purposes and that the beneficiary is not qualified for the classification sought. Further, "good and sufficient cause" exists in the present case which supports the commencement of revocation proceedings.

the letter continues.......

Edited by SarAyouBliss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.