SarAyouBliss

Received a NOIR - Change of Lawyer, help plz

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh boy....you have quite the battle ahead of you. At least you have it written out what the consular is seeing as issues with your case. Address each of those issues with solid facts.

If the stack of proof referred to is chat records, you might want to back off on sending too much more of that...seems too much was a flag in itself. Address why she hasn't returned since 2010, why she wasn't employed for

4 yrs (its a long time). How big is your age difference? Unfortunately you have a mountain of flags to overcome, how aggressive has your wife been in addressing these issues ? It would help if she responded to these

issues and not just yourself.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your wife having a new job does not seem like a legitimatereason to not help with your case. You should not be doing it all. If there isa will, on her part, there is a way. She CAN help. I, in fact, did most of thework for my husband’s case or we did it together. I wouldn't have trusted himto do it all by himself! :whistle: When workingwith the consulate they want to see exacts, but not memorization. Morocco is arough consulate. I also had chat logs but I only submitted a few pages fromeach month that we chatted along with a few pictures. Like another poster said,you have a lot of red flags but anything is possible. First and foremost youmust get your wife active in your case. Good luck and contnue to ask questions, there are many indivduals with VJ with outstanding information and experience.

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your wife having a new job does not seem like a legitimatereason to not help with your case. You should not be doing it all. If there isa will, on her part, there is a way. She CAN help. I, in fact, did most of thework for my husband's case or we did it together. I wouldn't have trusted himto do it all by himself! :whistle: When workingwith the consulate they want to see exacts, but not memorization. Morocco is arough consulate. I also had chat logs but I only submitted a few pages fromeach month that we chatted along with a few pictures. Like another poster said,you have a lot of red flags but anything is possible. First and foremost youmust get your wife active in your case. Good luck and contnue to ask questions, there are many indivduals with VJ with outstanding information and experience.

Thank you. my wife wishes she could help, i wonder if anyone could give me a thread link of similar case, cause i'm having no time off, this has to be done and shipped asap, shukran everybody

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you. my wife wishes she could help, i wonder if anyone could give me a thread link of similar case, cause i'm having no time off, this has to be done and shipped asap, shukran everybody

Most people here are desperate to be with their loved ones. She hasn't seen you for two years and is ' too busy' with a new job? Seems crazy to me. I would do anything so that we could be together. You can't tell me she's working 24 hours a day? You seriously need to get her involved otherwise you won't get the case turned around.

Timeline

Most people here are desperate to be with their loved ones. She hasn't seen you for two years and is ' too busy' with a new job? Seems crazy to me. I would do anything so that we could be together. You can't tell me she's working 24 hours a day? You seriously need to get her involved otherwise you won't get the case turned around.

the job is for bills and sponsorship, no, not 24 hours / day, wish us good luck

Timeline

Everyone wishes you well, but what we are are saying is your wife needs to put some effort into trying to get you here also. Its not about support and finances, its also about how it appears to the consular to see all signs of proof coming from the beneficiary. I would do anything it took to get my husband here with me, I work full time and I spent every evening preparing our file for the I-130, and I would do it again and again if that's what I needed to do. Don't waste this opportunity to prove your relationship is legit, your walking on thin ice right now.

Timeline

Everyone wishes you well, but what we are are saying is your wife needs to put some effort into trying to get you here also. Its not about support and finances, its also about how it appears to the consular to see all signs of proof coming from the beneficiary. I would do anything it took to get my husband here with me, I work full time and I spent every evening preparing our file for the I-130, and I would do it again and again if that's what I needed to do. Don't waste this opportunity to prove your relationship is legit, your walking on thin ice right now.

I totally agree with what you said, let me explain something, my wife just got this better job 2 weeks ago, she has to let them know 1 month ahead if she needs to take off, knowing that 90% of the paycheck goes to bills and rent, she can take off now but the landlord won't wanna hear about the NOIR nor AT & T would, her nature of job obligates her to be away from her apartment where she has the necessary evidences, working 4 days on a row, and as part of this i can't just watch it falling apart just to NOT LOOK SUSPICIOUS, she has no savings because in America there you pay for doctors and medications which sucked half of her savings on top off the tens of thousands of $ we spent here in Morocco previously trying to establish a life we thought in our dreams that is possible, if there's job a guarentee for her once we're done with the NOIR letter, she would be doing this as well, knowing that a good amount of evidences are here with me, i had them to show at the two interviews. Thanks

Timeline

I don't understand why she would need to take time off from work to help you, 4 day work weeks would be a dream to me, but that's between you and her. It's good to know she has enough money left over to pay for a lawyer seeing as the two of you have been unemployed for so long. Hopefully the lawyer will be of some help for you. Best of luck

Edited by destiny64

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can only imagine your anxiety and wish you the best in this situation. I read the letter you received and they are asking you to prove quite a bit. If I understand correctly, they want to revoke your petition which effectively means you will not be able to ever apply again that is the key difference between a NOIR and NOID. So if the worse case scenario is that you can never come live with her, why would she not take a few hours a day to reply? She is the petitioner and is the one expected to respond. I understand the nature of her job as at the time of our petition I was on active duty with the US Army, in the communications field and away from home station over 70% of the time. I was working 18 hour days and still took care of our petition which took a lot time.

I cannot emphasis enough what is on the line here if she does act, try your best...

Timeline

As Miben says, they are expecting your wife to respond not you. Your wife is petitioning for you , you are not petitioning for yourself. I know that you will continue to do what you want in this case, but be aware that they have you pegged for visa fraud, your wife can get into a lot of trouble if you unintentionally make a mistake and give them reason to charge her with that. I would certainly get a different opinion from another lawyer that you are doing the right thing here, after all that is what your original post was stating, hopefully YOUR WIFE can get in touch with a different lawyer and explain the situation.

Also you stated you have all the evidence you used at your interviews, they based their intent to revoke already on what you showed them. You might want to consider that. Alas, all we can do here is to hope for your sake that your wife at least writes a letter to defend herself and her marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am sorry to hear of your struggle.

I need to add the fact that your second interview was in September. If your wife's job is new then why has she not been working on and preparing what would be needed for the NOIR long before now? You both knew it was being sent back as a denial 6 months ago. She might not have had all the reasons listed, but she sure could have pulled some things together, like a letter of explanation regarding your relationship from beginning to end. How it came to be, how it progressed, etc. Which by the way SHE needs to do anyway.

I am afraid the others are right. She needs to get involved and she needs to put her heart into it or it will most likely not be the outcome you want.

Best of luck for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.