NVC

Urgent: Pregnancy and X-Ray (Medical Exam for Montreal)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

We live in BC. My wife and I went to the medical exam today. She is about 25 weeks pregnant and the doctor said even if you want to do X-Ray, the medical centre won't do it and he will sign a deferral letter. As I asked the doctor whether this will jeopardize the green card and the doctor said "I don't know". The doctor is very thoughtful and caring and we had great experiences today and the receptionists are friendly and helpful. It was a great experience.

No I am in a big dilemma.

Risk the baby for X-ray (the X-Ray centre, as the doctor said, won't even take our X-ray request, most like) Or risk the green card (the VOs most likely will issue us the green car after the baby is born, because that time my wife will be able to get an X-ray exam)? Our interview will be coming up in about two weeks. We have run out of options.

Any advice on this one? Any input would be extremely appreciated.

Edited by NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Need needs to call her female doctor for the pregnancy and ask him/her to write a note that declines the xray at this time for safety concerns of the fetus.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

You mean call her OB-GYN to get an X-ray deferral note?

But my medical exam doctor will seal the envelop tomorrow and there won't be any chance to add this to the package.

Crying for help!!!

I am afraid that they will issue visas as we are interviewed because the medical is incomplete (lacking X-ray)

Need needs to call her female doctor for the pregnancy and ask him/her to write a note that declines the xray at this time for safety concerns of the fetus.

Hi All,

We live in BC. My wife and I went to the medical exam today. She is about 25 weeks pregnant and the doctor said even if you want to do X-Ray, the medical centre won't do it and he will sign a deferral letter. As I asked the doctor whether this will jeopardize the green card and the doctor said "I don't know". The doctor is very thoughtful and caring and we had great experiences today and the receptionists are friendly and helpful. It was a great experience.

No I am in a big dilemma.

Risk the baby for X-ray (the X-Ray centre, as the doctor said, won't even take our X-ray request, most like) Or risk the green card (the VOs most likely will issue us the green car after the baby is born, because that time my wife will be able to get an X-ray exam)? Our interview will be coming up in about two weeks. We have run out of options.

Any advice on this one? Any input would be extremely appreciated.

From NVC's site (page on medicals): http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html#_What_if_the_1

Timeline

You mean call her OB-GYN to get an X-ray deferral note?

But my medical exam doctor will seal the envelop tomorrow and there won't be any chance to add this to the package.

Crying for help!!!

I am afraid that they will issue visas as we are interviewed because the medical is incomplete (lacking X-ray)

Just bring the note with the medical to the interview.

It will be ok. Many women have to do this.

Usually they get the letter first but I am sure it will still be valid

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-MED-ENGL-0011-1207.pdf

Women who are pregnant are required to have a CXR to immigrate. Pregnant women must provide consent for the CXR. Pregnant women receiving chest radiographs will be provided abdominal and pelvic protection with double-layer, wrap-around lead shields.

I think I’ve seen other threads on it from Canada. I’ll see if I can track it down.

Timeline

Thanks Salin the Gura of ansers for VJ. You are still very much appreciated

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Thanks Salin the Gura of ansers for VJ. You are still very much appreciated

Hehe ^_^

Nice to see you again ;)

Thanks to you all....

I check this file as well and it states that "Women who are pregnant are required to have a CXR to immigrate. Pregnant women must provide consent for the CXR. Pregnant women receiving chest radiographs will be provided abdominal and pelvic protection with double-layer, wrap-around lead shields". But my medical exam doctor says no one will do that.

So need more advice on this one. Thanks in advance.

http://travel.state....L-0011-1207.pdf

I think I've seen other threads on it from Canada. I'll see if I can track it down.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks to you all....

I check this file as well and it states that "Women who are pregnant are required to have a CXR to immigrate. Pregnant women must provide consent for the CXR. Pregnant women receiving chest radiographs will be provided abdominal and pelvic protection with double-layer, wrap-around lead shields". But my medical exam doctor says no one will do that.

The doctor you saw was for the visa? i'm surprised he doesn't know that failure to do the chest x-ray results in her not getting the visa. Your visa will be on hold until the medical is complete... it's not complete without the x-ray.

Call the medical centre and confirm. i'm sure they're aware that they're SUPPOSED to do it if you permit it. They might not know the ramifications of not doing it, so explain it to them when you know for sure so they can better advise other people.

Timeline

I am not sure when the xray needs to be done

the leter says

Pregnant applicants who do not wish to have the X-ray will be granted a temporary exemption when they provide written certification of pregnancy signed by their personal physician or obstetrician.

So, temporary until after childbirth in the home country or when... it does not say

As a nusr I feel xrays should only be used in emergencies when pregnant.

If you choose not to have the xray then bring a letter from her doctor

Then update us on what the embassy says to you.

Good luck

congrats on the baby

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks to you all....

When I went to my medical in Montreal there were 3 pregnant women who were given Xrays for immigration medical. They were all provided a very large lead apron to put on around their tummys. Not sure why he said NO doctors would do it. Clearly the medisys center in Montreal does it and they do it very frequently because its a clinic you go to for visa medicals and traveling medicals.

What doctor did you go to for the immigration medical?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I will double check with the doctor. I believe what the doctor told me was correct. I will check with my medical exam physician again to confirm.

When I went to my medical in Montreal there were 3 pregnant women who were given Xrays for immigration medical. They were all provided a very large lead apron to put on around their tummys. Not sure why he said NO doctors would do it. Clearly the medisys center in Montreal does it and they do it very frequently because its a clinic you go to for visa medicals and traveling medicals.

What doctor did you go to for the immigration medical?

Thanks a lot!

I take this very seriously too. I will confirm with my medical exam physician.

I am not sure when the xray needs to be done

the leter says

Pregnant applicants who do not wish to have the X-ray will be granted a temporary exemption when they provide written certification of pregnancy signed by their personal physician or obstetrician.

So, temporary until after childbirth in the home country or when... it does not say

As a nusr I feel xrays should only be used in emergencies when pregnant.

If you choose not to have the xray then bring a letter from her doctor

Then update us on what the embassy says to you.

Good luck

congrats on the baby

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Dr. Cheema and receptionists/nurses are very helpful! Great medical experiences!

What ended up happening?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.