earthwormgym

Iv Packages...interview date?

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Getting so close now!

Just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes from the NVC receiving both packages (AOS and IV) to receiving an interview date? I read in the EZ guide it was about 2 weeks, but when I checked some trends, it seemed longer...

Thanks!

It COMPLETELY varies by country so searching through timelines similar to yours is best.

Thanks for quick response!

Yeah, I filtered out the country, and it varied alot- it looks like it takes about 3 months from receiving NOA2-interview....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for quick response!

Yeah, I filtered out the country, and it varied alot- it looks like it takes about 3 months from receiving NOA2-interview....

That seems like a decent time frame.

NVC can take roughly 4-6 weeks (and that's if you're lucky enough for it not to take a MONTH just for NVC to receive your petition)

Then you typically get an interview date w/in a few weeks after and the interview itself isn't for another month plus.

So, really, 3 months would be a blessing from NOA2 to actual interview day.

Because if you had I-130 approval in 5 months, then your total time would be 8 months.

And that's a fast visa.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

That seems like a decent time frame.

NVC can take roughly 4-6 weeks (and that's if you're lucky enough for it not to take a MONTH just for NVC to receive your petition)

Then you typically get an interview date w/in a few weeks after and the interview itself isn't for another month plus.

So, really, 3 months would be a blessing from NOA2 to actual interview day.

Because if you had I-130 approval in 5 months, then your total time would be 8 months.

And that's a fast visa.

Well I like to be optimistic, haha!

Ultimately trying to plan my work notice- which is 2 months, so don't wanna be out of work with no income and still waiting for the visa!

Timeline

Well I like to be optimistic, haha!

Ultimately trying to plan my work notice- which is 2 months, so don't wanna be out of work with no income and still waiting for the visa!

Understandable.

Thankfully my husband only works 1 day a week so I really don't think they'll care about his notice.

There's a fair amount of time in between interview date receipt and the actual interview.

I would say you should probably turn your 2 months notice in around there.

Of course, there's always technically the risk of AP, but very rare for UK so I really wouldn't expect it.

To be safest, unfortunately, you wait until you have the visa in hand and put your notice in then.

Of course, no one likes having a visa and waiting around 2 more months to see their SO.

oldlady.gif

Understandable.

Thankfully my husband only works 1 day a week so I really don't think they'll care about his notice.

There's a fair amount of time in between interview date receipt and the actual interview.

I would say you should probably turn your 2 months notice in around there.

Of course, there's always technically the risk of AP, but very rare for UK so I really wouldn't expect it.

To be safest, unfortunately, you wait until you have the visa in hand and put your notice in then.

Of course, no one likes having a visa and waiting around 2 more months to see their SO.

Yeah it's a tricky one indeed. Thinking I'm actually gunna wait until interview date..

Sorry what does AP mean?

Also you might know this- what is the number for the automated service for the NVC? I keep getting put on hold for the live service with the number I have (603) 334 0700.

Thanks again for your input!! :-)

Timeline

Yeah it's a tricky one indeed. Thinking I'm actually gunna wait until interview date..

Sorry what does AP mean?

Also you might know this- what is the number for the automated service for the NVC? I keep getting put on hold for the live service with the number I have (603) 334 0700.

Thanks again for your input!! :-)

AP is additional or administrative processing.

It's where they keep your passport/visa for an undisclosed amount of time after the interview while they do more "checks"

Sorry, I'm not at NVC yet.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

From AOS and IV receipt:

NVC could take 1-2weeks to case complete if no checklist(missing documents). The wait time for interview date from that time depends on your embassy/consulate. some have received their dates within couple of daysa and some 4-6weeks. It depends on how backlogged the consulate is. I think Uk may be among the shorter ones

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

AP is additional or administrative processing.

It's where they keep your passport/visa for an undisclosed amount of time after the interview while they do more "checks"

Sorry, I'm not at NVC yet.

Ah OK- thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My husband is not putting in notice until the interview date. I know people want to hurry up and leave after they get their visa, but they do state in the notice from the embassy not to end leases, quit jobs, or book tickets before the visa is in hand.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.