Rahstyles

Timeline Question for CR-1

14 posts in this topic

Now i understand the situation is diffrent for everyone. Also I looked at the graphs and stuff and i dont understand it.

I got scared caus ethis one guy that works at my work.. He has some philipino friends trying to brng there wifes and there us citizens . He said after he waited 4 months to get approved for the i130 they said they have been waiting 2years for the visa number... I was like ####### is he talkin about.. I heard its like only a few months through nvc then to interview.. granted you have no problems...But then this other person that i know that shes trying to bring back her mom from mexico.. who has enter illegaly but got caught.. but has no record from the fbi just a volentary leave. back in feb.. she got her 1130 approvval in may .. then her laywer forgot to send the nvc check in.. because he was moving offices in another state.. so as of now she paid the fee and shes going throu the nvc. The hispanic girl told me thre is no visa number.. hes talking about the A number and she said you get it right on the paper after the i130 approval? Is there that much of a time diffrence between processing for philipines and mexico?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The first coworker youmentioned is probably waiting for visa # cos the petitioner is and LPR(green card) for USC it just couple of momths if the couple send in all their paperwork fast enough and there is no checklist/AP at NVC.

There is no visa numbers for immediate relatives of US citizens like spouses, children(under 21) and parents.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The first coworker youmentioned is probably waiting for visa # cos the petitioner is and LPR(green card) for USC it just couple of momths if the couple send in all their paperwork fast enough and there is no checklist/AP at NVC.

There is no visa numbers for immediate relatives of US citizens like spouses, children(under 21) and parents.

Not an LPR if his I-130 got approved in 4 months.

That part of the process for them takes well over a year.

Is there that much of a time diffrence between processing for philipines and mexico?

More like is there much of a time difference between processing for illegals and non illegals.

We don't know the specifics about said persons cases so we can't speculate properly on them.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Well if you get approved 4 months or close to that.. To get your visa stamped.. it takes well over a year?

I thought the regular was.. 5-6 months for the noa2 then like 3months for the nvc and interview then 1week to a month for the visa stamp so you can travel?

Timeline

Well if you get approved 4 months or close to that.. To get your visa stamped.. it takes well over a year?

I thought the regular was.. 5-6 months for the noa2 then like 3months for the nvc and interview then 1week to a month for the visa stamp so you can travel?

Typical timeline is 8-10 months.

You don't know if they're in AP.

oldlady.gif

Typical timeline is 8-10 months.

You don't know if they're in AP.

8-10 months for the whole step or 8-10 months after the 130 approval to the visa stamp?

What is an AP?

Timeline

8-10 months for the whole step or 8-10 months after the 130 approval to the visa stamp?

What is an AP?

The whole process.

Filing to receipt of visa.

Additional processing or administrative processing.

They keep your stuff and do more research on it.

oldlady.gif

The whole process.

Filing to receipt of visa.

Additional processing or administrative processing.

They keep your stuff and do more research on it.

Then what are you talking about that takes more than a year? YOu said in your first post?

Nevermind i figured it out.. your talking about if they are a LP

But he told me there us citizens?? Maybe his busting my balls

Timeline

Nevermind i figured it out.. your talking about if they are a LP

But he told me there us citizens?? Maybe his busting my balls

I was speaking to someone else about LPR residents taking more than a year for I-130 approval.

you said his I-130 was approved in 4 months.

Did he have an interview already?

Is the wait after that?

Because that's where AP typically occurs which causes long waits in some rare cases.

oldlady.gif

Acsually i lied.. he didnt say 4 months.. but he said i should of applied for k1 because its faster.. and i toldhim yes it is faster.. but only by a few months.. not a year.. He just said they got aproved for the i130 fast but waiting for the visa number takes over a year..

Timeline

Acsually i lied.. he didnt say 4 months.. but he said i should of applied for k1 because its faster.. and i toldhim yes it is faster.. but only by a few months.. not a year.. He just said they got aproved for the i130 fast but waiting for the visa number takes over a year..

I don't know what a "visa number" is.

And I don't know why people say K1s are faster.

They're AROUND the same time frame.

Your buddy isn't giving you the whole story so don't take any value in it.

oldlady.gif

I don't know what a "visa number" is.

And I don't know why people say K1s are faster.

They're AROUND the same time frame.

Your buddy isn't giving you the whole story so don't take any value in it.

Yea thats what i figured his trying to bust my balls...

But it still got me scared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.