confusedn400

document listing

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi

so finally the interview is scheduled and waiting for the letter. I want to verify the list of documents to carry during the interview, can you please verify and let me know if anything is missing.

- GC

- DL

- SSN Card

- 2 Photos

- 4 Year Tax Transcripts from IRS (do i really need 5 year, as i have transcripts for 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008) - Can I just take w2 of 2012

- Birth Certificate

- DMV Driver Record

- Passports

- Bank Statements

- Utility bills

- Employment Letter

- Paystubs

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Looks good. But you should also get a yellow letter telling you what to bring.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Did you file under the 3 or 5 year option?

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you file under the 3 or 5 year option?

Seems like he's under the 5-year option, since he mentioned his wife has a concurrent application.

to the OP: Why do you anticipate the need for your birth certificate, utility bills, bank statement, pay stubs, etc?

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Timeline

^^ I dont anticipate it, but just going to carry in a scenario where the IO needs to see it. I have been at the current address, current job for more then 5 years. So I dont anticipate IO will ask, but just carry for the safety.

I also have another question. I went to DMV and got drivers record which is completely clean, no entries in it.

Should I still to IO about my redlight ticket for which fine of 100$ was paid in time. Or it is less then 500$ and no need to mention it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Should I still to IO about my redlight ticket for which fine of 100$ was paid in time. Or it is less then 500$ and no need to mention it?

"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than $500 and/or points on your driver’s license."

Source: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/chapter3.pdf Page 8, Question 7

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Tried my best to prepare my stepdaughter for the five year, really not much, four years of tax and grade transcripts, her IO didn't want to see any of that, just wanted to see her green card. And wasn't a bit interested in extra photos since they are using the biometrics taken photo now.

But he did want proof I paid a 50 buck four year traffic violation she received as a minor. They didn't want to see her drivers' license, only way she could get that was by showing her green card, a birth certificate wasn't even necessary for our DMV, is a secondary form of identification and have no idea why the USCIS would want to see that.

For my wife's and stepdaughter's birth certificates, we only showed those once, they never wanted to see those again, after all, that's how they got their green card. Wife also received her green card, because I had to show my birth certificate, divorce papers, and our marriage certificate, also her divorce papers, that was a requirement for her to get her green card, without that evidence, she would have never received her green card. But for her naturalization, they wanted to see my divorce papers and birth certificate again and her divorce papers, plus a 3rd copy of our marriage certificate., but not her birth certificate.

So help me, when dealing with the USCIS, feel we are dealing with a bunch of idiots.

I would bring proof you paid that traffic ticket fine, just in case you get an idiot for an IO. Stepdaughter could have never shown her drivers' license if that ticket was not paid. Even with a 5 buck parking ticket, our state will pull your drivers' license. But again, dealing with idiots at the USCIS or hard heads.

Seems like he's under the 5-year option, since he mentioned his wife has a concurrent application.

to the OP: Why do you anticipate the need for your birth certificate, utility bills, bank statement, pay stubs, etc?

Yes, I see that now. Looks like I posted my question at the same time as the OP was providing more information.

And I agree with the folks who say take more than required. (Not to be confused with sending in more with the application than is asked for, mind you.) Not only will you have what you need IF they require it, but you'll feel more prepared and at ease, which will help you through the process. And I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but there have been a couple of members who have reported being asked to provide proof of ongoing marriage etc, although they filed under the 5-year option. Maybe the IO was just mistaken in the type of application that was in front of him/her, but rather than argue about what they should and should not be asking for, best to just have what you need with you.

Good luck.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@NickD, I agree with your comments, its better to take everything as it all depends on IO. I will just pray to get a good IO and does not get into too many unnecessary documents or questions.

We did same thing. Richard applied under five year but since we're (still) married and have all the necessary documents he brought everything. The IO only wanted to see his Green Card. He also did not get yellow paper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Stepdaughter's nasty IO demanded proof that 50 buck fine was paid, we provided that proof that caused a delay. What else can I say? Did tell her to go back in and show your drivers' license and explain to him, she wouldn't have that if that fine wasn't paid. She was afraid to do that.

Okay, so we will have to do this the hard way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.