Glenn1234

Tattoo

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, I have heard mixed reviews about having tattos having a effect on being approved/denied. I will be going to the Phillipines in April and my fiance wishes to get a heart tattoo with my name, now since this is not a gang related tattoo do you believe there will be any problems with her getting this. Also can anyone who has gone to the Manila emabssy that has a tattoo can you share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all, I have heard mixed reviews about having tattos having a effect on being approved/denied. I will be going to the Phillipines in April and my fiance wishes to get a heart tattoo with my name, now since this is not a gang related tattoo do you believe there will be any problems with her getting this. Also can anyone who has gone to the Manila emabssy that has a tattoo can you share your experience. Thank you in advance.

If they don't see it at the interview, it won't make any difference.... And this can't be requested to get a visa, right? this is very personal...

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Tatts aren't a problem in Manila. The doctor at St. Lukes will take note of any tattoos. I've never heard of anyone failing the medical because of tattoos.

I do remember one VJ'er who was required to undergo a psych evaluation at St. Lukes because of excessive tattoos. It cost her P1000 and a few days of delay. However, I believe she still passed her medical. The consular officer won't care whether you have tattoos.

There are a lot of Manila ink threads. Here's one of them.

Mat not be a problem if you have 1 or 2 tattoos. I got 1 on my right ankle and they didn't quistion it or even look at it at St. Lukes when had the medical exam.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

They won't see it at interview, but they will at the medical so I'm sure it will be in their reports at least I think.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but when I went to the medical exam, the doctor was really busy... And seemed to have a set of very precise questions to ask, I don't think she would have reported anything which wasn't on the form. And if the doctor see a tatoo with your name on it... he will probably smile, that's all. Or maybe ask, "is this your fiancé's name". I wouldn't be worried.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Philippines regional subforum -- OP's question is relevant to the Manila embassy. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

She'll be fine with the medical; a tattoo is no reason to deny anyone. If this is her first tattoo be sure to take care in helping her to select a good/reputable artist for the job. There are a lot of great tattoo artists in the Philippines and the prices are much much lower than in the US. My filipina wife doesn't have any tattoos but I have full sleeves. I went with her to her embassy interview and all we experienced were smiles and a quick approval. Of course if you ever plan to come back to the Philippines to live/work she should get that tattoo somewhere that can be hidden. There's open job discrimination here when it comes to tattoos and she would no longer be able to donate blood if they saw it as well. I like the tradition of getting your significant other's name tattooed on you, very old school. Good luck to both of you :)

- Bron (Makati/Utah)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Remind her that she shouldn't have a tatoo on a whim .... and it is a pain to remove it later.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

My only concern about a tattoo in the medical would be that in any third world country, having a tattoo without proper sanitation could put you at higher risk of Hepatitis. But since you'll be having blood work and all that, it would show anything like that, so can't see how having a tattoo would be any cause for denial at all.

That being said, in the unfortunate world of sex trafficking and prostitution, tattoos are often used, I would suspect the medical people at St. Luke's would be on the lookout for certain types of tattoos and placement and all that probably. I doubt a heart with your name on it could cause any problems.

But yeah most importantly go to a reputable place and make sure you it's super clean and they use new or properly sanitized needles!!!

Timeline

I haven't heard of anyone being denied because of tatoo's. I would go so far as to say that I don't think anyone could get denied for any tatoo's or amount of Tatoo's , but then I remember who we are dealing with. I sure wouldn;t be worrying about Tatoo's. And like previously stated, they will be taking blood to determine if you have anything wrong.

I will hold off on responding to the Prostitute remark, to early to get banned.. :bonk:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: Other Timeline

Some tats are in fact questioned in some latin countries,like teardrops,joker, zipcodes, numbers especially 13, some Asian writings, devil etc

some consulate can classify them gang related. The medical report does inform them of tats no matter what country you are from,

remember its also positive idetification. Tats are cool if in a private spot, being hired in a professional position is not likely with an

armful, on the neck, or face in any country. Removal is expensive & painful , and you get hep . from tats in any country does not have to

be third world if the place is not sanitary it can happen anywhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.