JedNik

Received RFE!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We got notified through email and on the USCIS website saying that an RFE got sent out today.

We filed July 27, so at least we now know that our case has indeed been touched!!

Does this mean that this will kick things into high gear? And once we reply to the RFE that things will start rolling?!

My fiance and I both got quite excited mainly because we now know that they are indeed moving along!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We got notified through email and on the USCIS website saying that an RFE got sent out today.

We filed July 27, so at least we now know that our case has indeed been touched!!

Does this mean that this will kick things into high gear? And once we reply to the RFE that things will start rolling?!

My fiance and I both got quite excited mainly because we now know that they are indeed moving along!

While yes, it does mean that your petition is in the adjudication process; it is now currently on hold, and likely in another pile, waiting for your response to the RFE. You should wait until you get the actual RFE letter, and then be prepared to fully, timely and accurately respond to the request. It may be something simple, or not, there is no way to fully determine with the actual letter. You can post the actual RFE letter contents (redacting personal information) on the forum, if you want to elicit discussion and comments from other forum members. The quicker you respond, the quicker your petition gets on down the line.

Hoping it is a minor delay on your immigration journey. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's so bad for CSC K1 applicants that this is what it has come to...we are happy to receive an RFE. :clock:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It's so bad for CSC K1 applicants that this is what it has come to...we are happy to receive an RFE. :clock:

In a weird way I was happy to get a RFE as I finally knew that the petition was being adjudicated. I was in CSC and it only took six or seven days from the CSC RFE receipt date to the NOA2! So JedNik I'd be excited that you are getting close to approval. Just be sure to respond throughly and don't forget to include your RFE notice. Good Luck!

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I can't believe I am saying this either, but congrats on the RFE! As a July 26 filer, I'm glad that CSC is at least touching us late-July petitions now. I'm sure whatever it is that they need can be submitted and fixed quick and you will be on your way with that NOA2 soon. :-)

Timeline

I agree. This is actually good news in a weird sort of way. As far as turning the RFE around, our timeline was like this.

1. RFE notice on the USCIS site - Tuesday, Oct 9

2. Received hard copy (which you must have for your reply) - Friday, Oct 12

3. Mailed reply with requested evidence - Monday, Oct 15

4. NOA2 notification on USCIS site - Friday, Oct 19

Since we had a weekend to assemble the response, it worked out pretty well. Only 8 business days from RFE to NOA2.

PS: Don't forget to include the BLUE cover page with your response.

Edited by Misha & Jeff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I agree. This is actually good news in a weird sort of way. As far as turning the RFE around, our timeline was like this.

1. RFE notice on the USCIS site - Tuesday, Oct 9

2. Received hard copy (which you must have for your reply) - Friday, Oct 12

3. Mailed reply with requested evidence - Monday, Oct 15

4. NOA2 notification on USCIS site - Friday, Oct 19

Since we had a weekend to assemble the response, it worked out pretty well. Only 8 business days from RFE to NOA2.

PS: Don't forget to include the BLUE cover page with your response.

@Misha & Jeff you got a letter in the mail in like 3 business days... i am waiting 8 days already and still didn't get a hard copy of a letter! should i start worry bout it!!

Timeline

@Misha & Jeff you got a letter in the mail in like 3 business days... i am waiting 8 days already and still didn't get a hard copy of a letter! should i start worry bout it!!

September and October '12 were much different at the CSC. The workers there were on fire...turning approvals around in 3-4 months. Things have slowed quite a bit since then, so I wouldn't stress about 8 days.

Timeline

While yes, it does mean that your petition is in the adjudication process; it is now currently on hold, and likely in another pile, waiting for your response to the RFE. You should wait until you get the actual RFE letter, and then be prepared to fully, timely and accurately respond to the request. It may be something simple, or not, there is no way to fully determine with the actual letter. You can post the actual RFE letter contents (redacting personal information) on the forum, if you want to elicit discussion and comments from other forum members. The quicker you respond, the quicker your petition gets on down the line.

Hoping it is a minor delay on your immigration journey. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

atleast we knew it all that your papers was touched unlike us we don't have any idea at all my fiance called today and have been told to wait and be patient more and they're still currently working on july 18th hope good news will heard soon :) I pray for it really hard

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't believe I am saying this either, but congrats on the RFE! As a July 26 filer, I'm glad that CSC is at least touching us late-July petitions now. I'm sure whatever it is that they need can be submitted and fixed quick and you will be on your way with that NOA2 soon. :-)

your right much better coz their papaers was already been touched unlike us whos still waiting im ajuly 16th filer too :)

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.