DarwishAE

Addressing possible red flags in i-130 -- EGYPT

171 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Per his request I made my MENA man pancakes yesterday morning and I threw in a side of scrambled eggs. It was only because we were out of the thick and fluffy EGGO waffles that he likes so well. Gotta please that Egyptian king yanno.

I'm debating whether or not I should stay up to greet his royal highness when he gets home from work. He may need a cup of tea or a foot rub.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I make PANCAKES every SUNDAY. No one is loved by a MENA man more than I am.

Sorry, hon, I got you beat. Waffles every weekend...or if not waffles, waffle-iron hashbrowns (more surface area for brown crispy stuff!). Waffles= love.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm trying to file an I-130 petition from Egypt for my husband. I have a resident visa and have currently lived here in Egypt for 7 months, and have no intention on traveling back to the United States unless my husband and our daughter comes with me. I called the USCIS and they said we have to include a check or money order from a US financial institution and I have to sign it. I asked if we could mail the papers to family in America and they get a money order and send the papers to Chicago, but the USCIS official said I have to sign the money order or they will reject it. They said it would be ok if my family purchased a blank money order and sent it here to Egypt and I signed it and mailed everything to Chicago. However, I was looking on the United States Postal Service website and it says that money orders (traveler' checks) and bank notes are items that are illegal to send in the mail to Egypt. A friend of my husband had this same problem when he wanted to immigrate to America through his wife, so they sent their papers to the wife's sister. The sister purchased a money order and waited like a month so it seemed like she had mailed the money order to Egypt to get signed. She signed her sister's signature to the I-130 paperwork and money order, and sent it to Chicago. A few months later the application was denied because the USCIS somehow found a copy of the sister's signature and saw that it didn't match up. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you successfully purchase a money order or check from a US financial institution to send with your I-130 form? Did your I-130 go through ok and your spouse was approved? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The old "well I'll just live with you abroad" deal has been played out over and over. If bona fide scammers can do anything well, it's bide time.

The smartest thing said. This is often overlooked. How many times have we heard- 'well, we've been together 5 years. No scammer will stay for 5 years.' Think again.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Ok, since we're all bragging, I'll take a stab:

My husband makes pancakes.

My husband cooks; I burn water- literally. It catches on fire. Horrid cook!

My husband folds laundry; I clean..... all the time.

My husband does grocery shopping and occasionally I do the grocery shopping.

My husband pays our mobiles and utilities; I pay rent.

My husband doesn't drive. I do. We live in the NYC. No car needed. However....

My husband buys his own hair gel.

He came over with packs of his own grooming kit, money for AOS and money to 'spend' which he end up using for a root canal. :blink: That was his first dose of reality: the co-pay of the root canal.

am I happy enough? :rofl:

Carry on.....

Eeeh when my husband wants pancakes, we go out to eat because nothing truly says love like conspicuous consumption.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Am I considered cool enough on this forum to make a witty reply? Because i've never made pancakes for my husband. Should I start packing?

RELATIONSHIP PROGNOSIS: DOOMED

Start whipping some batter, sister.

Timeline

RELATIONSHIP PROGNOSIS: DOOMED

Start whipping some batter, sister.

or have him take you to IHOP.

My husband gave me his stomach virus luv.gif. I think he loves me most of allllll luv.gifluv.gifluv.gif

Nothing says I love you more than exchanging viruses and bacteria through bodily fluids............. or pancake batter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ugh root canal what an unfun way to spend money. :(

Ok, since we're all bragging, I'll take a stab:

My husband makes pancakes.

My husband cooks; I burn water- literally. It catches on fire. Horrid cook!

My husband folds laundry; I clean..... all the time.

My husband does grocery shopping and occasionally I do the grocery shopping.

My husband pays our mobiles and utilities; I pay rent.

My husband doesn't drive. I do. We live in the NYC. No car needed. However....

My husband buys his own hair gel.

He came over with packs of his own grooming kit, money for AOS and money to 'spend' which he end up using for a root canal. :blink: That was his first dose of reality: the co-pay of the root canal.

am I happy enough? :rofl:

Carry on.....

You win!! :dance:

My husband gave me his stomach virus luv.gif. I think he loves me most of allllll luv.gifluv.gifluv.gif

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm trying to file an I-130 petition from Egypt for my husband. I have a resident visa and have currently lived here in Egypt for 7 months, and have no intention on traveling back to the United States unless my husband and our daughter comes with me. I called the USCIS and they said we have to include a check or money order from a US financial institution and I have to sign it. I asked if we could mail the papers to family in America and they get a money order and send the papers to Chicago, but the USCIS official said I have to sign the money order or they will reject it. They said it would be ok if my family purchased a blank money order and sent it here to Egypt and I signed it and mailed everything to Chicago. However, I was looking on the United States Postal Service website and it says that money orders (traveler' checks) and bank notes are items that are illegal to send in the mail to Egypt. A friend of my husband had this same problem when he wanted to immigrate to America through his wife, so they sent their papers to the wife's sister. The sister purchased a money order and waited like a month so it seemed like she had mailed the money order to Egypt to get signed. She signed her sister's signature to the I-130 paperwork and money order, and sent it to Chicago. A few months later the application was denied because the USCIS somehow found a copy of the sister's signature and saw that it didn't match up. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you successfully purchase a money order or check from a US financial institution to send with your I-130 form? Did your I-130 go through ok and your spouse was approved? Thanks!

Dear you need to ask the MODS to move your question to its own topics.

I saw you ask this I believe on the NVC filers wall.

Please start your own topic. Its only fair to others and you so your question doesn't get lost in all this fun.

Okay back to the yummy cooking and eating. I am loving this.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I had a pet rabbit once that adored pancakes (dry, no syrup.) True story.

Now wondering... how did I discover this ? Trying to remember...

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.