hawkeyez

Gay

96 posts in this topic

Humans are not always decent to their fellow humans. No, it is not just a "Christian thing". I could have said it was a very Jewish thing, but the reference would have been lost, I am sure, the way most folks quote Leviticus around here.

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19:18

Why tie it to any religion? Is it only religion that teaches people to be good to one another? Because it seems to be, religion causes people to be pretty terrible to each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why tie it to any religion? Is it only religion that teaches people to be good to one another? Because it seems to be, religion causes people to be pretty terrible to each other.

Thats interesting, why don't you share examples of "Atheists in action" as they feed the poor, care for the sick and set about doing more than talk.

I mean where are all these great moments in history where those inspired by Atheism set the example?

What we do know is that in the last century.... Hundreds of millions of people were extinguished by regeins who were ferverently devoted to atheism.

One of the things that I admit made it unique was.... most of those they killed or worked to death were their own people, rather than some foreign country.

Here is just one part of the world alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

When you try to add up the numbers it is mind boggling, but on the other hand..... when one believes that man is no more than an evolved beast, then we are left to our own notions as to the value of the man/beast.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Thats interesting, why don't you share examples of "Atheists in action" as they feed the poor, care for the sick and set about doing more than talk.

I mean where are all these great moments in history where those inspired by Atheism set the example?

What we do know is that in the last century.... Hundreds of millions of people were extinguished by regeins who were ferverently devoted to atheism.

One of the things that I admit made it unique was.... most of those they killed or worked to death were their own people, rather than some foreign country.

Here is just one part of the world alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

When you try to add up the numbers it is mind boggling, but on the other hand..... when one believes that man is no more than an evolved beast, then we are left to our own notions as to the value of the man/beast.

Complete. Madness.

Actually they do, its just not as obvious because its rare to see atheists ban together in a group to help.

But there are plenty of atheists or spiritual people helping with secular groups.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

http://dfwahh.org/upcoming-events.php

Although with a weekly call to assist, there might be a higher percentage of church goers helping than non church goers. I guess researchers have noticed that to.

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policy-review/article/6577

"The differences in charity between secular and religious people are dramatic. Religious people are 25 percentage points more likely than secularists to donate money (91 percent to 66 percent) and 23 points more likely to volunteer time (67 percent to 44 percent). And, consistent with the findings of other writers, these data show that practicing a religion is more important than the actual religion itself in predicting charitable behavior. For example, among those who attend worship services regularly, 92 percent of Protestants give charitably, compared with 91 percent of Catholics, 91 percent of Jews, and 89 percent from other religions."

Although I'll agree there certainly has been too many times were religion, or calling from God, was used to do terrible things. Sometimes directly sponsored and encouraged by the church.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

No, the term 'Gay' in reference to Homosexuality is NOT ok with me!

I prefer to use the term 'homosexual' as it's appropriate. 'Gay' has nothing to do with homosexuality.

The term "Straight" in reference to Heterosexuality is NOT ok with me!

I prefer to use the term 'non-homosexual' as it's appropriate. 'Straight' has nothing to do with heterosexuality.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Actually they do, its just not as obvious because its rare to see atheists ban together in a group to help.

But there are plenty of atheists or spiritual people helping with secular groups.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

http://dfwahh.org/upcoming-events.php

Although with a weekly call to assist, there might be a higher percentage of church goers helping than non church goers. I guess researchers have noticed that to.

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policy-review/article/6577

"The differences in charity between secular and religious people are dramatic. Religious people are 25 percentage points more likely than secularists to donate money (91 percent to 66 percent) and 23 points more likely to volunteer time (67 percent to 44 percent). And, consistent with the findings of other writers, these data show that practicing a religion is more important than the actual religion itself in predicting charitable behavior. For example, among those who attend worship services regularly, 92 percent of Protestants give charitably, compared with 91 percent of Catholics, 91 percent of Jews, and 89 percent from other religions."

Although I'll agree there certainly has been too many times were religion, or calling from God, was used to do terrible things. Sometimes directly sponsored and encouraged by the church.

Yo, wait a minute, just because a group is not affiliated to a religion does not maker it the spawn of atheists, in fact I would bet anything nearly all the Doctors and Nurses involved are believers of one type or another.

Now we know there are atheist organization, they had a convention a while back..... why don't they channel all that good-will they have for man into some tangible way?

The truth of it is..... Believers are more active in causes which have no religious affiliation than are atheists.

Wanna know another very stingy group?

A: Non religious conservatives.

William Penn

Timeline

Let someone at Berkely spin the results anyway they want bottom line, when people are in need, It is more often a believer who is there with time and money.

:thumbs:

Hilarious. I'm starting to think you're not real and this is an elaborate joke. Either way, it's impressive.

I would guess that most of us cheapskate Atheists are also very self sufficient and able to take care of our own, not needing to rely on charities. Something tells me that most charity collected from believers ends up going to believers.

Yo, wait a minute, just because a group is not affiliated to a religion does not maker it the spawn of atheists, in fact I would bet anything nearly all the Doctors and Nurses involved are believers of one type or another.

Now we know there are atheist organization, they had a convention a while back..... why don't they channel all that good-will they have for man into some tangible way?

The truth of it is..... Believers are more active in causes which have no religious affiliation than are atheists.

Wanna know another very stingy group?

A: Non religious conservatives.

Which is exactly what the study I quoted and linked to pointed out. A lot more giving and helping from the religious. Saw another study while doing the search that pointed out a religious person is much more likely to help some one they don't know than a nonreligious person. The nonreligious person needed to have some type of an emotional tie to the person before being likely to help. Which doesn't mean there are not good nonreligious people doing very good things out there. Its just on a whole, they do less and give less.

I don't know about nonreligious conservatives, but I've known a number of cheapskate, rich, godless, heathens in my day, that would steal from their own mother if given half a chance. I usually shorten their description to bastards though.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I would guess that most of us cheapskate Atheists are also very self sufficient and able to take care of our own, not needing to rely on charities. Something tells me that most charity collected from believers ends up going to believers.

I can't say what percentage does. I know my church sends the food they collect every week to secular food shelves. There's a number of other regular things they also help support, that I know have no litmus test of what the person's faith when they come for help. Although I would guess the schools we help build in Honduras and the clinics we help support there might have predominately Catholic populations in the towns. Are you sure your opinion isn't based on a bias without any knowledge of actual distribution?

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Hey you might just be right.

Atheists figure "I got mine, let them get their own".

William Penn

Let someone at Berkely spin the results anyway they want bottom line, when people are in need, It is more often a believer who is there with time and money.

the bottom line would be documented research. give me some to prove your bottom line. i can tell you think mighty highly of yourself but just because you say something, doesn't make it true.

more often than not, church goers tithe and call it a day. they give money to support their own church and whatever charity (if any) their church is directly involved in. but if a stranger walks up to them on the street and asks for their spare change, they won't give it up.

Edited by val erie

Hey you might just be right.

Atheists figure "I got mine, let them get their own".

Isn't that the Republican slogan?