hawkeyez

Gay

96 posts in this topic

Why would she? She isn't a muslim or anything else for that matter, she believes that doing the right thing doesn't take a divine entity. If I am wrong Ev, step in at anytime and correct me :thumbs:

:thumbs: I have no religious beliefs and couldn't care less what people do with their own lives. Gay, straight, lesbian, transgender, whatever you are: if you're happy then I support you. :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

the great thing about not having a religion, is there are no rulings regarding my beliefs. i have no higher authority telling me to hate and judge other people!

:dance:

How do you tell right from wrong then? I bet you're a homicidal, lesbian, drug addicted, terrorist without god in your life. I bet you're paying for your internet connection with the proceeds of these sins to keep spreading the word of the devil.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I treat people the way I'd want to be treated. That's my "rule" in life, and it was instilled by my parents, not a divine entity.

How do you tell right from wrong then? I bet you're a homicidal, lesbian, drug addicted, terrorist without god in your life. I bet you're paying for your internet connection with the proceeds of these sins to keep spreading the word of the devil.

You and The Patriot have to be my favorite conservatives, you know what context is :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

:blush:

How Christian human of you. :whistle:

fixed!

How Christian of you. :whistle:

Not at all. My parents are Christians, but they never forced a religion on me and trusted me to grow up and make my own choices and for that, I'm forever grateful.

They just taught me to be a decent human being.

I wish some Christians treated other people the way they would want to be treated.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

Not at all. My parents are Christians, but they never forced a religion on me and trusted me to grow up and make my own choices and for that, I'm forever grateful.

They just taught me to be a decent human being.

I wish some Christians treated other people the way they would want to be treated.

We need to look to those people that most exemplify a group, a religion, a political party, rather than label all of them for the deeds of some of their lesser members. You have Christian parents that instilled some Christian values into your morality. Nothing to be ashamed of.

We need to look to those people that most exemplify a group, a religion, a political party, rather than label all of them for the deeds of some of their lesser members. You have Christian parents that instilled some Christian values into your morality. Nothing to be ashamed of.

question. my christian parents taught me to treat others with respect, as i would like to be treated essentially. so, if i'm an atheist and have never taken my son to church, never taught my child anything religious at all, am i instilling christian values in him when i show him how to treat other people as he wishes to be treated? or am i simply showing him how to be a decent human being? i ask because i don't see much difference - except that i'm not loading him down with all the negative aspects of christianity, or any other religion for that matter.

I have labeled nobody. I have Christian parents who instilled human values into my morality.

God was never part of the lesson. I've set foot in a church once in my life, for a funeral. I was never told to respect others or face a universal punishment.

Telling someone to be a good person and respect others and not be judgmental is not "instilling Christian values" if there's no religion involved, is it?

Edited by Evylin

question. my christian parents taught me to treat others with respect, as i would like to be treated essentially. so, if i'm an atheist and have never taken my son to church, never taught my child anything religious at all, am i instilling christian values in him when i show him how to treat other people as he wishes to be treated? or am i simply showing him how to be a decent human being? i ask because i don't see much difference - except that i'm not loading him down with all the negative aspects of christianity, or any other religion for that matter.

You don't have to be a Christian to hold Christian values. You will not melt if you recognize that, neither will your children.

Telling someone to be a good person and respect others and not be judgmental is not "instilling Christian values" if there's no religion involved, is it?

Why not? It doesn't hurt your street cred at all. I hold many values and ideas I can attribute to a variety of sources, both religious and non-religious, although I have as yet to meet anybody that is truly non-religious.

You don't have to be a Christian to hold Christian values. You will not melt if you recognize that, neither will your children.

i don't believe they are exclusively christian values so i don't need to recognize that, or fear melting :blink:. christians in no way shape or form control the market on tolerance and respect.

i don't believe they are exclusively christian values so i don't need to recognize that, or fear melting :blink:. christians in no way shape or form control the market on tolerance and respect.

True. But the golden rule is something specifically Christian.

Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. - Matthew 7:12

True. But the golden rule is something specifically Christian.

Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. - Matthew 7:12

not really: the golden rule in world religions