shrimplytom

one entry to USA ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im totally confused about one entry to US topic , from philippines to US . my future bride is at cfo now awaiting her and her daughter sticker . i ask fianceevisa people can she land in guam or hawaii with no problem boarding her next flight to mainland US .

they say i'm making abig deal out of this , just buy her and daughter ONE-WAY ticket , thats all . i am not going to be with them for the journey here to US

im even getting confused on simple topic of one way ticket , connecting flights...etc.etc.etc .one way ticket does not mean non stop flight or does it , thats an expensive ticket . when i go to philippines i board a few different planes with a few different layovers , most inexpensive way . MY QUESTION IS ?

can my future bride and child on their way to USA land in guam and then probably land in hawaii still be able to enter mainland USA UNDER THE ONE ENTRY CLAUSE ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your over thinking it. One entry to US but not leaving the US. Anne came her MNL-Guam- HNL- Chicago

Your over thinking it. One entry to US but not leaving the US. Anne came her MNL-Guam- HNL- Chicago

Make as many stops all over US you want and travel US anytime. Exit to a territory can get shady in grey area i.e. for a honeymoon. Just stay in US state

Edited by Anne and Bret

im totally confused about one entry to US topic , from philippines to US . my future bride is at cfo now awaiting her and her daughter sticker . i ask fianceevisa people can she land in guam or hawaii with no problem boarding her next flight to mainland US .

they say i'm making abig deal out of this , just buy her and daughter ONE-WAY ticket , thats all . i am not going to be with them for the journey here to US

im even getting confused on simple topic of one way ticket , connecting flights...etc.etc.etc .one way ticket does not mean non stop flight or does it , thats an expensive ticket . when i go to philippines i board a few different planes with a few different layovers , most inexpensive way . MY QUESTION IS ?

can my future bride and child on their way to USA land in guam and then probably land in hawaii still be able to enter mainland USA UNDER THE ONE ENTRY CLAUSE ?

First congrats on getting this far. Second, you can buy a RT ticket or a one-way ticket depending on which is cheaper. The one entry into the US is that the K-1 visa allows for a single entry and then it is no longer valid. You then have 90 days to get married or the beneficiary must leave the US. Once married you will need to file for adjustment of status (AOS) and usually you also file for advance parole (AP) and employment authorization (EAD). Unitl your spouse has her GC or the AP, she cannot re-enter the US if she leaves. Finally, her point of entry (POE) is the first place she is processed as having enter the US. Once that happens she must remain in the US until the GC or EAD is obtained. As far as connecting flights, you need to make certain that as a PI citizen she does not require a transit visa to go thru any counties on route to the US. Guam and HI are the US so as long as she continues on to the mainland she will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

It is a one way entry because Guam and Hawaii is U.S soil,but she is not going throught immigration in either of those states,she is just connecting in those two states,what airport is her point of entry? If for example her point of entry is chicago then that is the time she has to go to immigration and give sealed envelope to the immigration officer.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First congrats on getting this far. Second, you can buy a RT ticket or a one-way ticket depending on which is cheaper. The one entry into the US is that the K-1 visa allows for a single entry and then it is no longer valid. You then have 90 days to get married or the beneficiary must leave the US. Once married you will need to file for adjustment of status (AOS) and usually you also file for advance parole (AP) and employment authorization (EAD). Unitl your spouse has her GC or the AP, she cannot re-enter the US if she leaves. Finally, her point of entry (POE) is the first place she is processed as having enter the US. Once that happens she must remain in the US until the GC or EAD is obtained. As far as connecting flights, you need to make certain that as a PI citizen she does not require a transit visa to go thru any counties on route to the US. Guam and HI are the US so as long as she continues on to the mainland she will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Transit visa is not required to connect through Japan or Hong Kong. You never enter immigration area

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is a one way entry because Guam and Hawaii is U.S soil,but she is not going throught immigration in either of those states,she is just connecting in those two states,what airport is her point of entry? If for example her point of entry is chicago then that is the time she has to go to immigration and give sealed envelope to the immigration officer.

This is incorrect. the POE is Point of Entry to the US. Wherever you enter the US FIRST is your POE and that is where you will go through immigration, hand over the sealed envelope and receive your I-94.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

This is incorrect. the POE is Point of Entry to the US. Wherever you enter the US FIRST is your POE and that is where you will go through immigration, hand over the sealed envelope and receive your I-94.

Yep- is she flies MNL-Guam- HNL- Chicago, her POE would be Guam, and she'd be on US soil ever after.

BTW, as mentioned, it is ok to buy a return ticket if you want- these are often cheaper than one ways!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.