Em&Ed

AOS/EAD NOA1 - spelling mistakes

11 posts in this topic

Hi all! :star: Well, I finally received my NOA1's for the AOS and EAD, but.....they mispelled my first name on both NOA1's (and it's not even the same mistake!). I tried calling the 1-800-375-5283 number to try to get it corrected, but all I am getting is some menu and after pressing a few numbers some voice tells me I need to speak to a customer representative and that's it. After that I can either listen to the menu again or hang up. Maybe this is a really stupid question :blush: , but what do I have to do to actually speak to someone?

Hi

Same thing happened to me, I did manage to get through and was told it would be put right. When I got biometrics appointment letter the name was still wrong! I called again and was told to tell the person at the Bio Appointment and it would be corrected. Hope this helps.

Lyn

Lyn ....UK

Mike ...USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think I remember (and I could be wrong, because I still have trouble sometimes) that you have to press 9-2-1

10-2004 Meet my one and only

05-05-06 Picked up the VISA

05-22-06 My baby's home! Once day short of a full year apart

08-14-06 Married!!!

02-24-07 Green Card in Hand

07-21-07 The REAL Wedding in Ghana

06-12-08 Our beautiful baby joins our lives :)

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Other option is to make an infopass appointment at your local office and get them to correct the errors on the computer system.... make sure you take your NOA's and your birth certificate and passport....

Has this worked for anyone? It's been 45 days since I called to let them know there was a typo, and I don't know whether I should call again, send a fax or a letter. I didn't knowing making an infopass appointment was possible for correcting information. Please let me know if others out there have been successful with doing this!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's how you get to a "human"

US Citizenship & Immigration call 1 800‑375‑5283 Select language; press 2; press 4; at prompt press 0.

This website has a list of ways to get past 500 automated sytems..

GETHUMAN

Edited by Savanphil

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Why do you think the 0800 is called the misinformation line....

They are not USCIS officers they are a callcenter that follows a script... they can only send a general email to the service center....

Make an infopass and talk to a real USCIS officer and they can access the computer to correct any mistakes, or they can call the person dealing with your case and check what spellings they have for you...

But it up to you what you do...

Kez

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why do you think the 0800 is called the misinformation line....

They are not USCIS officers they are a callcenter that follows a script... they can only send a general email to the service center....

Make an infopass and talk to a real USCIS officer and they can access the computer to correct any mistakes, or they can call the person dealing with your case and check what spellings they have for you...

But it up to you what you do...

Kez

Thanks, I will try that Infopass!

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Other option is to make an infopass appointment at your local office and get them to correct the errors on the computer system.... make sure you take your NOA's and your birth certificate and passport....

I actually had an infopass appt. today at my local USCIS office (San Francisco) for a misspelling of my middle name on my NOAs... Here's my experience posted in this thread:

Ok – so the InforPass appt. was a bit of a waste of time. The agent, who was pretty snippy at 7:51am in the morning, instructed me to write to the Missouri Service Center to make the corrections. She instructed me to make copies of the NOAs and circle the incorrectly spelled name, as well as send proof of the correctly spelled name. She also said that “they are usually good about making corrections.”

I’m sending the above, as well as copies of my birth certificate, driver’s license and pages from our I-485, I-130 and I-765 applications that show my name *was* spelled correctly from the beginning.

Then, the agent seemed to soften a bit and said, “well, while you’re here, we might as well check your case status.” Of course she told me what I already knew – that my FBI name check had not happened yet since I have not had my Biometrics taken; that I had only filed in March and that the process usually took 6 months, yada yada, yada…”

So – if you haven’t had your InfoPass yet, you may want to just write to MSC (or wherever your case currently resides) and see about getting corrections that way. I’ll try to remember to update here if anything happens…

Edited by wjinsf

AOS timeline

03/16/09 - file to lift conditions

03/16/09 - I-751 packet sent to CSC

03/19/09 - $545 check cashed

03/23/09 - NOA1 rec'd (receipt date = 03/18/09)

04/11/09 - Biometrics date

05/12/09 - Approval date!

05/16/09 - Approval letter received!

06/24/09 - card production email rec'd

07/06/09 - 10 year green card rec'd!

N-400 Timeline

03/26/2010 - mailed N-400 packet

03/29/2010 - N-400 packet rec'd

04/09/2010 - check cashed

04/15/2010 - NOA rec'd, dated 04/09/10

05/05/2010 - Biometrics

05/13/2010 - interview letter rec'd, for 6/16, 2:15 PM

06/16/2010 - Interview - approved!

07/08/2010 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I had the same situation on my AOS reciept notice. where they used my surname as my first name and vice versa!! I also called and they said it would be fixed and when i was at the biometrics i brought it up and it hadnt been done! so she did it right there infront of me, and i could see with my own eyes it was done!!!

8th of May 06- K1 Visa Approved - phew

12th of June 06- Arrived in USA san fran- yeaaaaah!

1st of July 06- moved to tampa florida

15th of July 06- Applied for SSN

2nd of August 06- SSN arrives in mail!! woohoo

2nd of September 06- Max and I are married at Holy trinity Catholic church, el dorado California!!!

10th of October 06- package sent off

15th of November 06- Case trasnfered to Cali

21st of November 06- biometrics

8th of January 2007- AP approved

16th of January 07 - EAD approved

29th of July 07- OMIGAWD the welcome email- GC approved with no interview!!!

8th of August 07- GC in possession

1st of May 09- Submitted I 751 package

6th of June 09- received Biometrics letter for 30th of June 09 for Yuma AZ office

24th of June 09- Walked in for Biometrics.. they took me :-)

16th of July 09- received my congratulations letter!!!

21st of July 09- Had my 10 GC in my hands!!!

SO BLESSSED!

wedding pics www.freewebs.com/maxandcarolynwedding

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

28th of April 10- sent off N400 Package

7th of May 2010- NOA rec'd

1st of June 2010- NOA Biometrics rec'd

10th of June2010- Finger print appointment

2nd of June 2010 - Walked in and done my fingerprints early :-)

15th of July- interview notice 12th of August(laywer arranges early interview)

19th of July- interview- PASSED

23rd of July- OATH CEREMONY!!!! YAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.