Hilario

CR1 CR2 k3 k4

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone here had good success with the k3 k4 instead of the cr1 cr2? My wife is pregnant and we also have a 10 yr old my step son, I know I have to apply an I-130 for each first. Has anyone experienced faster results with the k3 k4 verses cr1 cr2? I would like to get them here before she gives birth. She is 7 weeks along right now.

also was the best route to expedite for the visa's?

Thanks,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Has anyone here had good success with the k3 k4 instead of the cr1 cr2? My wife is pregnant and we also have a 10 yr old my step son, I know I have to apply an I-130 for each first. Has anyone experienced faster results with the k3 k4 verses cr1 cr2? I would like to get them here before she gives birth. She is 7 weeks along right now.

also was the best route to expedite for the visa's?

Thanks,

The main difference is that the CR1 and CR2 visas are actually obtainable and the K3 and K4, not only haven't saved any meaningful amount of time since late 2006 but have been virtually unobtainable for the last three years. When they were all available, the time savings was a few weeks and the cost significantly more for the K3/4 because they have to adjust status after entry.

Neither option is going to get them here before the baby is born, so no reason to even consider the K visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The K-3 is obsolete it is CR1 now, i was gonna do K-3 for wife but it no longer exsists

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Timeline

The K-3 is obsolete it is CR1 now, i was gonna do K-3 for wife but it no longer exsists

Untrue. The K3 visa currently "exists". It hasn't saved significant time for several years and has been virtually unobtainable from February 2010 to recently. However, with the change in USCIS I-130 adjudication procedure since August, we simply have no actual knowledge of how an I-129F filed today, would be handled. If the two petitions are not adjudicated together, there's no reason to conclude they would arrive together at NVC, triggering the closing of the I-129F petition.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

one or two members who filed the K3 recently had it closed. Infact EmilyS already had her k3 sent to her consulate by NVC as soon as her I-130 arrived NVC abt 2wks later, she got an email from the consulate that they had closed her K3. Like Pushbrk said, the cost for the K3 is significantly higher than the CR-1/2 after US entry.

if you have all the needed documents file your I-130 now!!!!!! you still have abt 7 months to go for your wife. You never know hw fast ur 130 petititon will go until you start. e started mid OCT 2012 and just waiting for interview date now....of course our paths with USCIS is Uniquely different

Edited by ndu26

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

one or two members who filed the K3 recently had it closed. Infact EmilyS already had her k3 sent to her consulate by NVC as soon as her I-130 arrived NVC abt 2wks later, she got an email from the consulate that they had closed her K3.

The Life Act says that a K3 visa cannot be issued when an immigrant visa is immediately available. From 2001, to 2/2010, the Dept. of State interpreted "immediately available" to mean that the I-130 case file was on station at a Consulate abroad. The February 2010 policy change effectively implemented a the new interpretation that an immigrant visa was immediately available to be that the case file was in the hands of Dept. of State. (At NVC), so what you mention is consistent with that new interpretation.

Regardless, if the I-130 is stuck and the I-129F moves ahead of it all the way to interview, the K3 visa is "available". Whether it is desirable is an individual decision.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.