crisjerm

Seriously confused about NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am getting really confused about the NVC....I got the NOA2 in mail on 1st Feb 2013, and i have since been confused on what to do..I keep getting a response like to call them or wait for the NVC to contact me on case number....its confusing me now...

what exactly is NVC sending me, is it just the case number or AOS and DS-3032...

Again on the DS-3032 form i saw online....

i need to understand a few things on how to fill out DS-3032.

1.- Place Case barcode Strip . Do they mail this barcode with the form?

2.- Can I download a copy of this form? or does it have to be the one NVC sends out? I also read it has a case number barcoded on the top.

Can someone please tell me exactly what i need to do...should i wait or just call...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Call NVC to get your case number call them daily. once you have the case number the beneficiary can email the DS 3032 to them naming USC as agent there is a template on VJ for the email make sure you give them both email addresses so future info can be emailed. Once the recieve the DS3032 they will email USC telling them they are the Agent and that they need to pay AOS and IV fees. You will recieve an invoice number and a bar code label once you have the invoice number you can log in and pay both fees or just one at a time. Once you pay the AOS use the bar code lable to send in the Affidaivite of support form and the tax documents and the letter from employer. When you have all the info you need for the immigrant visa application then you can send that in using the barcode lable for that. once they have all the info and all the fees are paid your interview will be scheduled.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut This link has alot of info

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form This is the template

Edited by memlaura

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am getting really confused about the NVC....I got the NOA2 in mail on 1st Feb 2013, and i have since been confused on what to do..I keep getting a response like to call them or wait for the NVC to contact me on case number....its confusing me now...

what exactly is NVC sending me, is it just the case number or AOS and DS-3032...

2.- Can I download a copy of this form? or does it have to be the one NVC sends out? I also read it has a case number barcoded on the top.

Can someone please tell me exactly what i need to do...should i wait or just call...

memlaura did a good job.

if you need more please add yourself to this thread and read post#1 and #2, this helped me fly by NVC: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/412212-nvc-filers-february-2013/

Also, when you call and get your case number (which you need to ask for when they say anything else?) also make sure to ask for your Invoice Identification Number.

With those two items you will be able to pay the AOS bill and print the bar code. Once they accept the DS-3032 (which I hope you will be emailing using the template on the wiki) in this same portal you will be able to pay the IV bill and print the barcode.

Each barcode page needs to be the first page of its package.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

. The invoice number is usually given when your case numbers are given to you over the phone. once that is done the USC gets the AOS fee bill ($88) which they oay by logging into the payment portal and entering all those numbers.The AOS and IVare two separate tracks. the USC will get the AOS even before NVC accepts the DS 3032. The DS 3032 is only an authorization to have the USC pay the bills and end documents and once NVC accepts, they send the IV fee bill to the USC.

go to the links provided and do some reading that could help save time at NVC.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

note there's stuff the petitioner does, and the beneficiary does.

Is best for the petitioner to call into NVC, using a telephone, usually, but a beneficiary can call also.

All starts with a successful telephone call.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Both ! First, wait for about 2 weeks before you start calling. Whilst waiting, read a NVC Monthly Thread here - you've a lot of new info to soak up, study, and make hand drawn diagrams for flow.

Second, CALL ! When you are calling, ask the NVC TeleOperator for Consular Casefile Number and Invoice Identification Number. If they don't have it ready , don't sweat, call again tomorrow (and tomorrow, and tomorrow, the next day, etc) until you are told of these two things. ONCE you are told of these two things, the AOS FEE BILL and DS-3032 is emailed out.

Most folk don't wait on the DS-3032 to be emailed out, instead they use the DS-3032 email template found in the wiki, and study LingChe in the wiki as well.

So, you've got some waiting to do, and some studying to do.

Finally, I'll say to you - study from a PC - as you miss 80 percent of the important stuff and use of this portal when viewing it on a handphone. Handphone webbrowsers SUCK!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Crisjerm,

I do have a question have you even called NVC? I ask because you said you got your notice in mail 2/1. Well the notice usually doesn't arrive until days or weeks after your approval. What is the actually approval date?

You might be sitting at NVC and don't even know it. Check please report back.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Memlaura thanks so much...i got it all right now...appreciate the lovely explanation and Ndu26 you are blessed...

@Darnel you are so right about the handphone webbrowers..thats mostly what i used and id say it sucks...its cos im mostly at work all the time..made up ma mind to start using my laptop for inquiries..

@dwheels thanks so much for being there in all my questionings...yes i called NVC and was told no response yet from USCIS...so im gonna call back...NOA2 was approved January 29th, 2013...

thanks alot everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.