israsaif

PENDING

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello

My fiance had his interview in November and after having some issues with the Affidavit of Support form and clearing that up our case STILL PENDING. The embassy replies to 1/1000 of my emails and when they finally replied they said our case was pending because my fiance gave them the impression that we don't want to live in the US!! He just stated that he was going to come here and spend time with me before the wedding and we would go back together for the wedding and figure out what we're going to do from there. I find nothing wrong with what he said because we both agreed that we would figure out where we would live after getting married according to what both makes us comfortable and what we find easier. The woman that interviewed him was very rude and told him it didn't make sense to make someone who lived in the US their whole life live in Algeria....????!!! As far as I'm concerned that is none of their business. I AM ALGERIAN, my whole family is in Algeria and I visit every summer so I know what Algeria is like. She also picked on him for wanted to proceed with the interview in Arabic and how he was going to the US and couldn't speak English. She was playing (excuse my french) ###### mind games with him.

I am beyond frustrated at this point and just came to vent on here. I don't really have a question but if anyone has any comments or something to give me a sense of reassurance please feel free to express your thoughts. I guess if anyone was in this position or a similar one how long can a case stay pending?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. It can be tough.

We didn't have the same experiences as you, however I can tell you the language of the interview is important at this embassy. My husband chose to give his in English. When I spoke to the lady officer myself after the fact she told me they like/prefer to see it done in English as it proves you can communicate well with your wife/fiance and that he will be able to work when he gets here. Keep in mind the fiance visa is usually used with the intention of living here in the US.

I am not sure how you can overcome them having an issue with you being undecided - but I do wish the best for you! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am having a difficult time understanding. You said your fiance wanted to come here before the wedding and them go back together for the wedding. Where is here? and where will you be going back to to get married? If he wants to come to the US and you will then return to Algeria to get married, you cannot do that. A K-1 visa is for him to come to the US and marry here, you cannot marry in Algeria with a K-1 visa.

Hello

My fiance had his interview in November and after having some issues with the Affidavit of Support form and clearing that up our case STILL PENDING. The embassy replies to 1/1000 of my emails and when they finally replied they said our case was pending because my fiance gave them the impression that we don't want to live in the US!! He just stated that he was going to come here and spend time with me before the wedding and we would go back together for the wedding and figure out what we're going to do from there. I find nothing wrong with what he said because we both agreed that we would figure out where we would live after getting married according to what both makes us comfortable and what we find easier. The woman that interviewed him was very rude and told him it didn't make sense to make someone who lived in the US their whole life live in Algeria....????!!! As far as I'm concerned that is none of their business. I AM ALGERIAN, my whole family is in Algeria and I visit every summer so I know what Algeria is like. She also picked on him for wanted to proceed with the interview in Arabic and how he was going to the US and couldn't speak English. She was playing (excuse my french) ###### mind games with him.

I am beyond frustrated at this point and just came to vent on here. I don't really have a question but if anyone has any comments or something to give me a sense of reassurance please feel free to express your thoughts. I guess if anyone was in this position or a similar one how long can a case stay pending?

Thanks

There is something wrong with that statement and it is all of their business, otherwise your fiance would come to you without going through them. If you engage in an immigration process, you have to show them that you really intent to immigrate.

I'm sure the CO was not picking on your fiance, that's how the interview goes.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline

I am having a difficult time understanding. You said your fiance wanted to come here before the wedding and them go back together for the wedding. Where is here? and where will you be going back to to get married? If he wants to come to the US and you will then return to Algeria to get married, you cannot do that. A K-1 visa is for him to come to the US and marry here, you cannot marry in Algeria with a K-1 visa.

I live in the US but I was born in Algeria. It would only make sense to have the wedding in Algeria since since both of our extended families are in Algeria. We would come back to the US after the wedding.

Timeline

I live in the US but I was born in Algeria. It would only make sense to have the wedding in Algeria since since both of our extended families are in Algeria. We would come back to the US after the wedding.

Then you need to get married in Algeria, then file the I-130 if you eventually decide to live here. As mimolicious stated, a K-1 visa is for him to come to the US and marry here - period.

Why pursue the K1 then? Sounds like you want a tourist visa (which certainly isn't easy to get). Why not save yourself a whole lot of headache if you want to marry in Algeria - then do so, but if he comes on a K1 - and you decide to go to Algeria to marry - you will start all over again with a CR1. Is that what you mean to do?

Timeline

Then you need to get married in Algeria, then file the I-130 if you eventually decide to live here. As mimolicious stated, a K-1 visa is for him to come to the US and marry here - period.

Let me clarify; we will get married in the US but we just want to have the celebration in Algeria.

Why pursue the K1 then? Sounds like you want a tourist visa (which certainly isn't easy to get). Why not save yourself a whole lot of headache if you want to marry in Algeria - then do so, but if he comes on a K1 - and you decide to go to Algeria to marry - you will start all over again with a CR1. Is that what you mean to do?

We just want to have the wedding celebration in Algeria, we are aware we have to marry here within 3 months of his stay.

as far as i know, immigration is not for hemming and hawing. it's understandable that people in cross-country relationships hem and haw over where they want to live, where they will finally settle down and all that, and it would be like cool and stuff to zip across continents, visiting here, marrying there, maybe coming back here, maybe not but immigration in the US doesn't work that way. there is no "figure out what we're going to do from there".

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

You said:

"we both agreed that we would figure out where we would live after getting married according to what both makes us comfortable and what we find easier"

"I live in the US but I was born in Algeria. It would only make sense to have the wedding in Algeria since since both of our extended families are in Algeria. We would come back to the US after the wedding."

So here you said having the wedding in Algeria, not just a ceremony and your last post says the US. See the confusion for the CO?

Your fiance already told the CO you weren't sure where you were going to live yet. You will not be given a K-1 for him to come marry just to possibly move to Algeria.

Let me clarify; we will get married in the US but we just want to have the celebration in Algeria.

We just want to have the wedding celebration in Algeria, we are aware we have to marry here within 3 months of his stay.

that doesn't jive with "He just stated that he was going to come here and spend time with me before the wedding and we would go back together for the wedding and figure out what we're going to do from there. I find nothing wrong with what he said because we both agreed that we would figure out where we would live after getting married according to what both makes us comfortable and what we find easier."

if he said the above in the interview, but what you said above is your real intent, then he messed up. that's not the consulate's fault. hopefully you can clarify and fix this with them, but who knows.

You said:

"we both agreed that we would figure out where we would live after getting married according to what both makes us comfortable and what we find easier"

"I live in the US but I was born in Algeria. It would only make sense to have the wedding in Algeria since since both of our extended families are in Algeria. We would come back to the US after the wedding."

So here you said having the wedding in Algeria, not just a ceremony and your last post says the US. See the confusion for the CO?

Your fiance already told the CO you weren't sure where you were going to live yet. You will not be given a K-1 for him to come marry just to possibly move to Algeria.

sorry, didn't see you had just posted this! not trying to be a copycat, promise!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.