LSnBigBear

Interview done In Manila.. Ended odd though... to me as Petioner

31 posts in this topic

My fiancee had her interview this morning starting at 7:30am.. She skyped me at 12:15pm her time. This is how it went and of course at the end confusing...

First window finger prints

Second call to different window a Filipino reviewed my tax forms, check stubs, affidavit of support and employment letter.

Third window an American reviewed the same as second window and asked her 1) How did we meet 2) Do I work. What I do for work. 3) When was last time I was in Philippines.. That was it. Wait for your number.

Fourth window. Verified her full name and address and said. "Okay maam you can go home now" And that was it.. I take it she is approved as she did not get her passport back etc. Maybe they changed and need to review more or maybe it is just the person handling that end. She said there was a long line and they were moving them through quickly.

Soooooo. Anyone have any thoughts? Is there a website we can go on to check the status or verify the decision??

For those that are not yet at interview stage.. Tell your fiancee to be a bit more pushy and ask if she/he was approved.. Now more waiting.

Good luck to all...

Edited by LSnBigBear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Call DoS Hotline on Wednesday, inquire for casefile status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you got approved..

you can check though here if the visa was issued

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes it looks like you got approved. ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Looks approved to me. As long as she didn't get a 221g form. :thumbs:

what is 221g form?..actually the american consulate didnt ask more anything

like proof of ongoing relationship,pictures, money receipt,ym log (which i have very thick),

he just review of what i have been pass to the filipino people as follows:

affidavit of support,tax,W2,check stubs,employer letter, BPI receipt.

and ask for a few question then told to be waited then my # was called by the last

window (filipino) ask my full name then verify my address and that's it and told me

"u can go home maam"....its really confusing i dont rec any paper like 2go as what mostly

have.

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

Don't worry, DEFINITELY, she is APPROVED! :) Congrats!

thanks inHis Time u makes me feel better, cuz its really confusing.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

Don't worry, DEFINITELY, she is APPROVED! :) Congrats!

thanks inHis Time u makes me feel better, cuz its really confusing.

You are welcome :) I am very positive you made it. :thumbs: Praise God :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Timeline

What news from DoS Hotline this morning? [# in my profile, left panel]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I want to thank everyone for the timely responses. I am sure my fiancee is sleeping well tonight in the Philippines as you all made her feel much better as you did me too. Best wishes to everyone that is reading and going through this process. God Bless

Timeline

DoS Hotline not answering for you ? OK !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview this morning starting at 7:30am.. She skyped me at 12:15pm her time. This is how it went and of course at the end confusing...

First window finger prints

Second call to different window a Filipino reviewed my tax forms, check stubs, affidavit of support and employment letter.

Third window an American reviewed the same as second window and asked her 1) How did we meet 2) Do I work. What I do for work. 3) When was last time I was in Philippines.. That was it. Wait for your number.

Fourth window. Verified her full name and address and said. "Okay maam you can go home now" And that was it.. I take it she is approved as she did not get her passport back etc. Maybe they changed and need to review more or maybe it is just the person handling that end. She said there was a long line and they were moving them through quickly.

Soooooo. Anyone have any thoughts? Is there a website we can go on to check the status or verify the decision??

For those that are not yet at interview stage.. Tell your fiancee to be a bit more pushy and ask if she/he was approved.. Now more waiting.

Good luck to all...

It sounds like she was approved, especially since they kept the passport. I hope that is what it means. Good luck and keep us posted :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want to thank everyone for the timely responses. I am sure my fiancee is sleeping well tonight in the Philippines as you all made her feel much better as you did me too. Best wishes to everyone that is reading and going through this process. God Bless

She was definitely 'APPROVED' based on my experience some of my friends whom i met during the interview the CO told them you can go home now!! :) Cause they asked me what the CO told me he said " Congratulations you're Approve! it means CO has different ways of saying WELCOME TO THE USA ! :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU !! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.