The Nature Boy

Dad of New Town Child speaks out.

17 posts in this topic

My brother's friend has two children at Sandy Hook Elementary (both thankfully alive), and he is in support of strengthening gun laws in CT. Do you give his beliefs as much weight as this man's?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

My brother's friend has two children at Sandy Hook Elementary (both thankfully alive), and he is in support of strengthening gun laws in CT. Do you give his beliefs as much weight as this man's?

Send me a video of him and I will post it also. Fair and Balanced..

1) It's Newtown, not New Town

2) This tool has a daughter at the school but he is not the dad of one of the murdered children

Nice try but...FAIL!

Did I say anywhere in my post he had a child killed at New Town

Filed: Timeline

Did I say anywhere in my post he had a child killed at New Town

No, you didn't. But his testimony just doesn't have the weight that the testimony of a parent that lost a child has. And that latter type testimony was heckled by gun nuts during the hearing. But then, nobody ever claimed that gun nuts are actually human either...

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

No, you didn't. But his testimony just doesn't have the weight that the testimony of a parent that lost a child has. And that latter type testimony was heckled by gun nuts during the hearing. But then, nobody ever claimed that gun nuts are actually human either...

The testimony was not heckled. Get your facts straight. MSNBC has already been outed for doctoring the video to make it look that way.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Thanks, but he's kept his grief private and amongst his friends, as I expect most of the Sandy Hook parents have.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

You've never posted a link that's in favor of stricter gun control laws. Don't lie and say you'd do it this time.

So, intentional misrepresentation is OK, as long as it suits your point of view?

You're as much a detriment to your side of the discussion as a pro-gun nut is to theirs.

I have no idea who supposedly misrepresented what. What I do know is that when I came across the headline from some local newspaper, I watched the full, unedited clip and thought that the comments from the gun nuts were out of place, insensitive and uncalled for. I would call that heckling. The audience was instructed to remain silent and the gun nuts did not remain silent when that would have been the appropriate thing to do. I understand that you have a hard-on for MSNBC. I don't. No cable in this house. Don't need it. If I want to watch garbage, I can get that free with some simple bunny ears. Don't know why I would shell out even a dime to be able to chose from more garbage.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

During the testimony, the audience was quiet and respectful. The pro-gun comments and chants came when the audience was asked for questions.

But this isn't the first time you've watched something and seen what you wanted to see.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

During the testimony, the audience was quiet and respectful. The pro-gun comments and chants came when the audience was asked for questions.

But this isn't the first time you've watched something and seen what you wanted to see.

It's funny how the silent majority in the audience knew how to properly react to the rhetorical question posed by the grieving father. They remained silent as instructed. Because they know the meaning of respect and dignity. Unlike those that felt it appropriate to use the occasion stand up for that which killed this man's only son.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

It's funny how the silent majority in the audience knew how to properly react to the rhetorical question posed by the grieving father. They remained silent as instructed. Because they know the meaning of respect and dignity. Unlike those that felt it appropriate to use the occasion stand up for that which killed this man's only son.

I would argue that it was not a rhetorical question.....but whatever. Your set in your ways, we are set in ours. Its a waste of time to argue over it.

I would argue that it was not a rhetorical question.....but whatever. Your set in your ways, we are set in ours. Its a waste of time to argue over it.

If it wasn't a rhetorical question, then the gun nuts in the audience failed to actually respond to the question posed. The question was why anybody needs these weapons and high capacity magazines. The response were blurbs from the second amendment. Nobody needs this stuff because of the second amendment. One could argue that because of the current interpretation of the second amendment nobody has to have a reason why one would need this hardware but that was not the response offered. The gun nuts just chose to ignore the request to remain silent and add insult to the injury already suffered byt this father.