Miss.A

I-130 - scanned doc ok???

6 posts in this topic

Can someone who has successfully sent and got the I-130 approved tell me: is it ok if I(as the non US citizen)send my husband in the US scanned documents for him to put in the I-130 package? for example can I fill out the G-325A form and scan it and e-mail it to him, or our marriage certificate and its translation? Or do I have to actually mail it to him by post? We have everything ready to send but now we're not sure about this.thank you!

Love will prevail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No you cannot scan the G 325 and send it.it requires your original signature. It must have original signatures only, it is stated clearly in the instructions Scanned signatures = denied petition. That is the case for any form or document that is required for the entire process. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

No you cannot scan the G 325 and send it.it requires your original signature. It must have original signatures only, it is stated clearly in the instructions Scanned signatures = denied petition. That is the case for any form or document that is required for the entire process. Good luck.

:thumbs:

thank you for your replies but i'm still not sure because in the I-130 Instruction it says: "Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filled with an application or petition, a legible copy may be submitted". So, you can understand my confusion...

Love will prevail

thank you for your replies but i'm still not sure because in the I-130 Instruction it says: "Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filled with an application or petition, a legible copy may be submitted". So, you can understand my confusion...

That section is referring to civil documents, like birth certificates or divorce papers. It's NOT referring to the forms themselves. Like mimo said, the forms (I-130, G-325A) have to be ORIGINALS with ORIGINAL signatures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.