Kendyc13

Bringing father and 6 year old sister to the US

9 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I'm new to this forum and currently on the process of filing a petition to bring my father and my 6 yr old sister to the US from the Dominican Republic and I have a couple of questions. I tried looking through the forum but didn't find any answers. I Hope some of you have experience with this and would be able to answer some of my questions.

Here I go!

1: On form I-130, Part B & C, question 1, my father, my sister & I all have 2 last names, his ID in the Dom. Rep. shows both last names, My US passport shows both of mine but my SS card only shows First, Middle, Last & my sister's BC shows both. Should I include both of their last names and mines on the form?.

2: My sister is only 6 yrs old and my dad has her full custody and no one to leave her with in the Dominican Republic, and the mother obviously can't take care of her, hence why my dad has the custody, would this speed up the process for my sister? Since there's no one to leave her with and she's only 6 yrs old.

3: How do I prepare the package? What should I include in it? Should I mail both forms together, separated with rubber bands or paperclips? or send different packages?

4: Does VJ has any guides on how to prepare the I-130 Petition for alien relative package?

I would appreciate the help! :help:

Thanks in advance! :D

Waiting to file...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, your father and sister cannot immigrate at the same time.

If you file i-130 for your father, he can immigrate in less than year.

If you file i-130 for your 6 year old sister, she will immigrate after 12 years as F4 category (Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens).

Fast route will be:

- You file i-130 for dad. He immigrates in less than a year.

- After dad receives his green card, he files i-130 for 6 year old daughter. Daughter will immigrate after 2-3 years under F2A category (Spouse and unmarried child below 21 of Lawful Permanent Resident).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They can come together.

File for Sister.

About a year before sister's petition is current file for father.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

They can come together.

File for Sister.

About a year before sister's petition is current file for father.

This means waiting 12 years for the sister's petition to become current.

May be the best way if no one can care for the child if dad immigrates alone first.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This means waiting 12 years for the sister's petition to become current.

May be the best way if no one can care for the child if dad immigrates alone first.

Yeah, sorry I overlooked this part.

They can immigrate TOGETHER but it will take 12 years or so.

Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate your help.

Now, does anyone knows about putting 2 last names on the form and on how to prepare the package?

Thanks

Waiting to file...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.