NJK2012

Marriage based AOS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Right after my wife and I had our interview at the USCIS office for my AOS, we got contacted by NVC that my visa petition would be eligible for further processing. We are now supposed to register with the NVC, asign agent, another processing fee, etc.

I am a little confused, because I didn't ever read anything about further action to be taken after a successful interview.

My understanding after the interview was that once the officers decision is finalized, the permanent resident card is printed and sent to me.

I was on a F1 visa and applied for adjustment of status based on marriage to US citizen.

Can anyone advise what is happening right now or what I need to do? Do I need to register with NVC or not?

Here is our timeline:

F1 visa issued 03Dec2008, expiration date 30Nov2013

02Feb2012 engaged

28Jul2012 married

22Aug2012 filed I-130

24Sep2012 filed I-485, I-693, I-131, I-864

17Dec2012 I-130 approved

28Jan2013 Interview at USCIS office, approved

31Jan2013 NVC notice

What confuses me is the NVC notice and I am not sure if I need to take action and if so what.

My I-485 still shows 'Testing and Interview' on the USCIS website.

Do not do anything with NVC. You filed your applications seperately when they should have been together. Though, if you sent the NOA1 from your I-130 they should have been matched up, and it appears they have, since you had interview etc. So, don't do anything with NVC. I might tell them you filed I-485 and keep them updated, but no agents etc. Were you approved at interview?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Yes, the officer said he'll review the paperwork one more time and then approve it.

He poked a lot towards having insurances and bank accounts together, which my wife and I haven't joined yet. Doesn't make sense for the health insurance and wasn't a priority for the banking...

So, that means the NVC notice wasn't triggered by the interview?

Edited by NJK2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

smells like someone submitted a standalone I-130 and it wasn't clear where the beneficiary was,

so USCIS forwarded the approved I-130 to NVC for document intake, leading to consular processing of an immigrant visa.

Please confirm?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you do nothing at NVC, visa processing will die.

However, NVC now has yer I-130. It's supposed to be part of the A File.

When you had the interview, did the interviewer have the I-130 in your A File on his / her desk, or no ?

I'm gonna bow out, as (for me) this is a weird one.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to AOS from student visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I would tell NVC that you have filed I-485. I am not sure how your I-130 got to them, but it should be with your I-485 and you shouldn't have even got to interview stage without the I-130 being a part of your file. I wouldn't worry too much, because you had an interview so that seems to be going normally. Just tell them you filed I-485.

The notice was not generated because of your interview.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.