13 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My husband and I had our interview 2 days ago and that same evening the tracker said an RFE had been issued.

We received it today, and it said it was due to an incomplete medical exam.

When I originally sent it with the AOS papers, I sent just the first an fifth pages of the form (my info, civil surgeons info and the vaccination report) I did this because that's what I was told to do by the doctor who conducted my original medical exam in London, since I needed to have a course of Hepatitis B before I was eligible to adjust status.

So a US civil surgeon gave me the course and signed the vaccination stuff.

The RFE says that the medical form is incomplete because pages 2,3 and 4 were not submitted. These pages were for results of the TB test, syphallis test, mental health test, drug addictions etc. all tests which I had done in the UK with the Knightsbridge Doctors surgery.

So my question is... If USCIS already have the answers to all these tests, do I just send the paperwork blank? Or do I get a civil surgeon to tick all the boxes based on my UK medical exam OR does she have to do all the tests again?!

I'm so confused... I thought that I did all the tests in London so I wouldn't have to do them here? And i wouldnt have been given a K1 visa if there was a problem with TB or syphillis... Anyone else been/going through this? Any advice?

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

10/02/12 - Sent off I-485 Adjustment of Status Packet
10/15/12 - Received NOA1 by text
11/13/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/13/12 - EAD approved
12/18/12 - EAD card ordered
12/19/12 - EAD card shipped
12/22/12 - EAD card received
01/30/13 - AOS interview date
01/30/13 - RFE (They lost my medical record!!!)
04/16/13 - New medical performed
04/19/13 - Results sent to USCIS
05/18/13 - Approved for Conditional Residency
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like your original medical where the TB etc was already done has been lost possibly.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Maybe... Do you think I should call the service center??

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

Maybe... Do you think I should call the service center??

Hi. Did you turn in an envelope at POE? That was supposed to have your Knightsbridge medical information in it. I guess it's possible the interviewer overlooked that info in your file and focused on the newer report from the civil surgeon. I think I would try to check back with the local office where you interviewed to make sure they don't have it. . It may take an info-pass appointment.

I'm wondering how you even have a copy of your Knightsbridge exam, other than the vaccination sheet. Nobody gets that. Is it original or did they give you a photocopy? If the original is not in your file at the local office and they can't track it down, then you will likely have to have a new medical exam. I know Knightsbridge does not keep records on their immigration patients. I called them to clarify because people often say, contact the k1 medical doctor and get another copy. We can call England free, so I rang them up. She explained that they are under contract for a third party, the embassy, so they perform the exam then send all related results to the third party and do not retain any of the records. The embassy does not keep files either. They hand back your chest x-ray, and seal the rest of the exam and your entire immigration file in the envelope for you to turn in at POE.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

No I didn't turn anything medical in at POE. Just reading back on my post I can see where it might be confusing.

I didn't have copies of anything from Knightsbridge, since its all sent directly to USCIS. What I did have was a letter from Knightsbridge stating what I needed to do on top of the exam I had with them once I got to the US before I could adjust status (hep b course).

I took the letter and the form I-684 (I think that's right... The AOS medical form) to the civil surgeon and she filled out page 1 and 5... Just like it says to do on the I-485 instructions for if you've had a med exam in the last year. (Mine was July 2012)

Thanks for the info on Knightsbridge though! That's good to know cause I was about to waste the money on a phone call :)

I don't know that I can contact the Denver Office directly can I? Unless I send them a letter? Since I have the address (which obviously receives mail since its the address they requested I send my RFE to?

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

Oh hang on.... I didn't realize the medical stuff was put in the envelope too, so I guess it was handed in at POe. Either way, I don't have an original nor a copy.

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

No I didn't turn anything medical in at POE. Just reading back on my post I can see where it might be confusing.

I didn't have copies of anything from Knightsbridge, since its all sent directly to USCIS. What I did have was a letter from Knightsbridge stating what I needed to do on top of the exam I had with them once I got to the US before I could adjust status (hep b course).

I took the letter and the form I-684 (I think that's right... The AOS medical form) to the civil surgeon and she filled out page 1 and 5... Just like it says to do on the I-485 instructions for if you've had a med exam in the last year. (Mine was July 2012)

Thanks for the info on Knightsbridge though! That's good to know cause I was about to waste the money on a phone call :)

I don't know that I can contact the Denver Office directly can I? Unless I send them a letter? Since I have the address (which obviously receives mail since its the address they requested I send my RFE to?

If you want to speak to someone in person at Denver you have to make an appointment and go in person. InfoPass appointments are scheduled online here http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Or mail a photocopy of your RFE to Denver and a letter explaining you are adjusting status from a K1 visa and had a medical exam overseas on [date].

******TO BE CONTINUED******

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Okay back and continuing...

Tell them your K1 medical exam is supposed to be valid for 12 momths based on the I-693 Instructions:

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A.
K-1 fiancé(e)
or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

1. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver

Ask them to review your file and confirm that USCIS has lost your valid medical exam which was in the sealed envelope turned in at your POE and that they do require you to pay for a new complete medical exam.

And just curious about the Hep B thing. Why did you need that? Were you under the age of 19 years at your medical exam? We're you 19 by the time of your interview?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hey! Thanks for that! I'm going to attach a copy of the instructions on form I-485, which says about K1 fiances only needing to attach the supplimental vaccination page, but hadnt even thought about the I-693 instructions! So will attach that too. :thumbs:

Yes, I was 18 at medical exam in london, and almost 19 now.. but still 18 at interview. :blush:

So basically what Ive done is written a letter, stating that I had a medical exam on *date*, explaining where my understanding that I only needed to submit vaccinations came from, asking them to re-review the contents of my case and requesting response as to whether they do need me to take another medical.

Have attached Knightsbridge receipt, AOS and Medical form instructions stating K1 visa applicant don't need the full medical report, copy of the letter they sent me and copies of the vaccination suppliment sheet that i originally sent them. (That they already have.. since they sent me copies with the letter) lol.

Do you think thats all I need to attach? and say?

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey! Thanks for that! I'm going to attach a copy of the instructions on form I-485, which says about K1 fiances only needing to attach the supplimental vaccination page, but hadnt even thought about the I-693 instructions! So will attach that too. :thumbs:

Yes, I was 18 at medical exam in london, and almost 19 now.. but still 18 at interview. :blush:

So basically what Ive done is written a letter, stating that I had a medical exam on *date*, explaining where my understanding that I only needed to submit vaccinations came from, asking them to re-review the contents of my case and requesting response as to whether they do need me to take another medical.

Have attached Knightsbridge receipt, AOS and Medical form instructions stating K1 visa applicant don't need the full medical report, copy of the letter they sent me and copies of the vaccination suppliment sheet that i originally sent them. (That they already have.. since they sent me copies with the letter) lol.

Do you think thats all I need to attach? and say?

I would make sure to mention you entered the US on X date via X (wherever your POE was) and handed over your A file to the officer there and that that file contained your original medical report for the medical you took for your K1 visa application.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why they made you get Hep B shots. They're not required for immigration.

I hadn't thought of putting the date! I shall have I add that in too. I just want them to have everything... :-/ don't understand why this mistake has been made! Had already put in about the envelope and airport, just didn't put a date. Thanks for your imput :)

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why they made you get Hep B shots. They're not required for immigration.

Hep B is birth through 18 years. If her interview was after she turned 19, they would have no longer required it since she aged out of the Hep B age group.

Vicky, I think either the officer got mixed up that you were a K1 because they see way more who have the full I-693 form filled out, or it really is lost. That happens more than it should. But I would at least ask that they look for it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Guess that answers that! I really hope that this was all just a mix up. I'm going to be honest, the interviewer really didn't seem to know what she was doing. She couldn't remember her own passwords on the computer and I had to remind her of everything the letter said I should show her cause she wasn't asking for any of it!

So I kinda hope she was just being a little clumsy.. :-/ really don't want the effort of doing another medical exams. My husband just had a severe accident, with emergency surgery - the thought of doctors makes me sick lol.

12/13/12 - EAD approved
05/18/13 - Card ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.