Mrs D.

N-400 February 2013 Filers

1,139 posts in this topic

Thank you, Roselinda! :D

Not long at all folks! Keep on hanging in there!

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews and congratulations to those with oath ceremonies!

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Mony,

Could you please share your interview experienced. I see that you had interview at Chicago. I am also based out in Chicago and my interview is scheduled on June 11th. Will I wiseally appreciate it.

Thanks!

hey Saif,

sorry for late answer. My appointment was may 23 at 10:30. I took my wife and my new born baby with me since I heard it looks good to have them.there with me. I live in Naperville so its like about 35 miles from.the city but the traffic was bad so i wish I had left house a little early. Anyway, I got to the city on congress parkway, there is a parking lot right behind BP gas station which was the closest to the building. I dont know if you are familliar with the area or not, but the building jas no signs of immigration or anything. we went through security and then took the elevator to the third floor where you will immediately find like a little office where you have to check in with the clerk and he will give you a beeper. I was called 10 minutes after I say down. I don't know why they use beeper I'd they are going to call your name out loud. i went to the lady that called me and then asked me to follow her. The thing that I just remembered Bute its that she never swore me before she stated tge interview. she proceeded to ask me for name change because my name was to long which I did cut it to my first and last name. she asked me about college because I had stated that I go to college and proceeded to ask me General questions. they also had asked me to bring some documents prior to the interview but they never asked for it in the interview. and the io proceeded to give me the test which I currently answered the first 6 questions and then the reading and writing. and then she said obviously you passed. and then she printed three pieces of papers two of them I had to sign for the name change and the last one said that I passed and it had the name of the officer on it. and then she walked me out. but I haven't received any updates status to the case so far.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife's status still says..."

Testing and Interview

On April 5, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.

Any thoughts on what we should do?

hey Saif,

sorry for late answer. My appointment was may 23 at 10:30. I took my wife and my new born baby with me since I heard it looks good to have them.there with me. I live in Naperville so its like about 35 miles from.the city but the traffic was bad so i wish I had left house a little early. Anyway, I got to the city on congress parkway, there is a parking lot right behind BP gas station which was the closest to the building. I dont know if you are familliar with the area or not, but the building jas no signs of immigration or anything. we went through security and then took the elevator to the third floor where you will immediately find like a little office where you have to check in with the clerk and he will give you a beeper. I was called 10 minutes after I say down. I don't know why they use beeper I'd they are going to call your name out loud. i went to the lady that called me and then asked me to follow her. The thing that I just remembered Bute its that she never swore me before she stated tge interview. she proceeded to ask me for name change because my name was to long which I did cut it to my first and last name. she asked me about college because I had stated that I go to college and proceeded to ask me General questions. they also had asked me to bring some documents prior to the interview but they never asked for it in the interview. and the io proceeded to give me the test which I currently answered the first 6 questions and then the reading and writing. and then she said obviously you passed. and then she printed three pieces of papers two of them I had to sign for the name change and the last one said that I passed and it had the name of the officer on it. and then she walked me out. but I haven't received any updates status to the case so far.

Thanks a lot! The information is really helpful. I will take my wife and 6 months old baby with me as you said it would be nice to have them. I live in Glenview and work in downtown and familiar with the area and building. My interview time is at 11:00 AM on June 11th so I guess traffic shouldn't be bad. Well looking forward for the interview. Hope everything works out fine.

Good luck with your status. I hope it gets updated soon.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi DND2009,

Take a look at the January thread. A fellow NYC applicant has been in line for interview for over 3 months and apparently only after 90 days of inaction can one contact USCIS about this. The January thread has more information about his/her situation.

Hope you get the date soon!

My wife's status still says..."

Testing and Interview

On April 5, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.

Any thoughts on what we should do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

had sent reschedule request on 05/12 to reschedule interview, have not received any confirmation or acknowledgement for the request. We are thinking we will still go for the original appointment on June 4. Hopefully they will take a photocopy of interview letter, since the original was sent with the reschedule request

I-129/K1 process

1/18/09 - Sent I-129 to CSC

1/20/09 - NOA1

1/23/09 - touch

1/24/09 - NOA1 recieved (hard copy)

4/20/09- NOA2

08/18/09- Interview (Passed)

01/22/10 POE

01/26/10 Wedding

AOS

02/17/10 Sent AOS forms

02/26/10 Received NOA1 in mail

03/08/10 Received BIO letter

03/09/10 Biometric walk in (original appt date 03/23)

03/11/10 RFE received for I693- for medical

03/24/10 RFE response received and case processing resumed

04/22/10 received interview letter

04/24/10 AP & EAD approved

04/30/10 Received AP in mail

05/03/10 Received EAD in mail

05/20/10 AOS interview - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just finished the interview, it was quick and easy!! Now waiting for the oath ceremony letter.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My appointment was may 23 at 10:30. I took my wife and my new born baby with me since I heard it looks good to have them.there with me. I live in Naperville so its like about 35 miles....

I used to live in Naperville, did all my interview for AOS, GC, and whatnot downtown. I feel you, it's a pain in the butt to drive all the way down I-88 and try to find parking, let alone after rush hour. Thanks for sharing your experience. That office definitely is busy and it sounds like it hasn't changed. Patience! :)

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I have a not-so-cute question. It's been five days since I've had colds-- dripping nose, constant sneezing, headaches, and cough. I don't look very good right now. Do you guys think that if I don't get better on Monday the field office might ask me to just go home and postpone my interview? I really don't want that happening. unsure.png

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline

Oh dear =( can you get something from the doctor to help relieve you somewhat during the interview maybe? or something from the pharmacy like NyQuil. Buckley's is a really good one, natural type medicine but harder to find in the USA at pharmacys.

I don't think they would turn you away just for being sick, I would load up on medicine and push through it if you feel like you could do it. If you don't feel like you could make it even on cold meds then see if you can get the date changed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Calypso,

Hope you feel better and can make it ok. Good luck for the interview. Sending good energy your way :)

I applied for my passport today and mailed in my voter registration. I plan on changing my status with social security once my passport gets here.

N400 Mailed: 02/15/2013
Check Cashed: 02/25/2013
NOA: 02/26/2013
Biometrics: 03/11/2013

Interview: 04/30/2013 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Calypso I hope you don't miss the interview or get sent away because of illness. Go to the doctor and get a prescription for Pseudoephedrine. It will be the best thing to help your symptoms so you can rest and get well. If you can't get to a doctor at a walk in clinic then I suggest taking Dayquil. It's over the counter medicine and will relieve your symptoms while not making you drowsy. It will give you medicine head so have someone else drive. I hope you feel well soon.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Calypso, I hope you feel better for your interview. Try to get some rest this weekend and hopefully by Monday, you will be better. Sending positive vibes your way!

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

Just got my citizenship certificate in the mail.. They sent it back to me in a regular envelope which arrived folded completely in half length wise... my certificate has a huge indent/crease in it that spans the whole length.. Glad to have it back but pretty pissed about the condition. They can mail the passport in a hard cardboard envelope but apparently the certificates are just garbage to them...

Timeline

May 2nd applied for passport

May 22nd got the passport

June 1st got the certificate back in very poor condition..

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.