rs56164

I-485 approved but....

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife and I had her AOS interview last week and were approved on the spot. Yesterday we received I-485 and I-130 NOA approval notices along with the welcome letter. Whats strange is the I-485 NOA Approval also says "After review, we have reopened the above application or petition. or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."....Today the USCIS website status states her Green Card was mailed today....I'm confused...has this happened to anyone else? Makes no sense why they would mail the greencard if our application was under further review.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

My wife and I had her AOS interview last week and were approved on the spot. Yesterday we received I-485 and I-130 NOA approval notices along with the welcome letter. Whats strange is the I-485 NOA Approval also says "After review, we have reopened the above application or petition. or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."....Today the USCIS website status states her Green Card was mailed today....I'm confused...has this happened to anyone else? Makes no sense why they would mail the greencard if our application was under further review.

Thanks

Well, it is faster to update stuff on the internet, than it is to get a letter that was mailed by the post office. So I am guessing that they mailed you that letter before issuing the green card. So the "further review" that needed to take place probably happened while the letter was still in the mail, and therefore, the issuing of the green card update (online) and the receiving of the NOA happened at the same time. That's my opinion.

But in all honesty, who cares what it means, your wife is getting a green card, that's all that matters :dance:

Edited by josealonsoramirez

Met my wife: Spring 2010
Became Bf & Gf: July 16, 2010
Got engaged: July 16, 2011
Wedding: August 11, 2012
Sent AOS Docs: December 12, 2012
Rec'd Receipts: December 22, 2012
Rec'd Bio Appt: December 24, 2012 (1/7/12)
Biometrics Done: December 28, 2012 (went early because I wouldn't be able to go on the 7th)
Rec'd Req for Evidence: January 5, 2013 (initial request for my joint sponsor's proof of citizenship)
Sent Evidence Requested: January 10, 2013 (my join sponsor's certificate of naturalization)
Evidence Received: January 15, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website)
Testing and Interview: January 25, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website - now just waiting for the interview date)
Interview date set: January 30, 2013 (our interview was set for March 6th, 2013)
EAD Approved: February 12, 2013
EAD Card Production: February 15, 2013
EAD Card Mailed: February 19, 2013
EAD Card Rec'd: February 23, 2013
Applied for S.S.No.: February 25, 2013
Interview and Approval: March 6, 2013
Green Card Rec'd: March 14, 2013
Applied for new S.S. card: March 15, 2013
Rec'd S.S. card: March 22, 2013

Sent I-751: January 10, 2015

NOA1: January 15, 2015

Biometrics: February 20, 2015
Green Card Rec'd: June 8, 2015

Timeline

Well, it is faster to update stuff on the internet, than it is to get a letter that was mailed by the post office. So I am guessing that they mailed you that letter before issuing the green card. So the "further review" that needed to take place probably happened while the letter was still in the mail, and therefore, the issuing of the green card update (online) and the receiving of the NOA happened at the same time. That's my opinion.

But in all honesty, who cares what it means, your wife is getting a green card, that's all that matters :dance:

Yes, I agree completely...but why would we receive an approval notice with that text included? makes no sense. She is either approved or not

Thanks for the reply

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I agree completely...but why would we receive an approval notice with that text included? makes no sense. She is either approved or not

Thanks for the reply

I have heard of this happening before in a past case. It likely means the approval is being reconsidered and in fact USCIS is getting ready to deny the case due to new evidence that they have found for whatever reason. The greencard that has been mailed would be revoked due to the new decision. You should contact a lawyer immediately.

It also could just be a random message on the website as it has problems sometimes. If I were you though, I would call a lawyer.

This happened just a few days ago to someone else, so it may be a glitch of some sort.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Suggest you call into USCIS, and ask for casefile status.

Use a Telephone, get a Human, and inquire.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I have heard of this happening before in a past case. It likely means the approval is being reconsidered and in fact USCIS is getting ready to deny the case due to new evidence that they have found for whatever reason. The greencard that has been mailed would be revoked due to the new decision. You should contact a lawyer immediately.

It also could just be a random message on the website as it has problems sometimes. If I were you though, I would call a lawyer.

This text was present under the post decision activity (same text as NOA) and the case status changed to document/card production. Today we received the USPS tracking number for her Green Card. If they were going to deny the case, I doubt the case status would have changed and the card would not have been sent. I will call them when I get home.

Timeline

wei - how did you receive the usps tracking #, exactly ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

wei - how did you receive the usps tracking #, exactly ?

Its posted on the USCIS website when I check our current case status. We also received a tracking number when the EAD card was mailed.

Edited by rs56164

Filed: Timeline

I've red some posts on internet about the same issue. It seems like when officer approved the FBI name check may not have been complited (officer's mistake) so they had to send letter about reopening since they cant approve until name check it done. However since green card on the way to name check must've been done and green card went into production. Thats what I have red but I dont know for sure.

Timeline

UPDATE...We received wife's green card in mail yesterday, but I'm still concerned. Called USCIS on Sat and he said I would have to talk to tier 2 which are not available on weekends. I should be celebrating by I'm still worried.

Timeline

hey ! one less thing to worry about !

Hang in there !

Timeline

eh - the magic question will be 'whats the status of my casefile?'

and that's it...

i say do try once more - doesn't have to be tonight, but sometime this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.