g_yhap

Possible Need for a Co-Sponsor..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey friends, so heres the situation, my wife got a medical discharge from her job and i still haven't found a job yet, i've sent out over 25 applications and so far i've only had 1 interview and i have another approaching (no fixed date yet), Is there a possibility that they'll request a co-sponsor since neither of us are working..? My previous income and my wife previous income both pass the poverty limit. Please advise on what i should do. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes you will be required to get a joint sponsor if the petitioner is not working. The petitioner has to be able to prove they can support the beneficiary currently, not based on what you used to make, you need to have income now. And just a little insight, my husband is unemployed and has sent hundreds of resumes, there are days he sends more than 25 in a single day, and he has yet to land a job. The job market is tough. You will need to line up a joint sponsor. Good luck with that, and with finding a job.

Timeline

Hey friends, so i acquired my co sponsor and i'm getting ready to fill out the form, I was browsing USCIS website and it seems to me that they changed the forms, can anyone advise me which form i'll have to use for my co sponsor, thanks..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Same as you- I-864.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Same as you- I-864.

I know thats the form i need to fill, but on USCIS website that form isn't available anymore, there's an I-864EZ instead on which part 1 has no option for co-sponsor.. what i wanna know is do they have another version of I-864 or another form in the whole.. thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.