GABY Y LUIS

RFE ALERT SENT TO ME TODAY

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Make sure you are on point with all residences since age 16, my friend got 2 rfe for this and has an atty (missing 4 mths)

Since age 16? You mean for the past five years. Only if you're 21, does it make sense to say since 16.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sometimes RFE is given even when passport photos are not glossy...or you have missed...and didnt sign anything...so wait to hard copy and you will see what they want!Good luck! :yes:

there is not a requirement for glossy passport photos, just a size requirement.

Since age 16? You mean for the past five years. Only if you're 21, does it make sense to say since 16.

there is absolutely a requirement for listing residence since the age of 16, not just the last 5 years. You also need to get police clearance certificates from any and all countries the beneficiary has lived in since the age of 16. The police certificates are not needed until the NVC stage.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

there is absolutely a requirement for listing residence since the age of 16, not just the last 5 years. You also need to get police clearance certificates from any and all countries the beneficiary has lived in since the age of 16. The police certificates are not needed until the NVC stage.

I was responding to the fact the OP has a RFE coming on his petition (I-129F) package. Yes, when the beneficiary is applying for the visa (form DS-230), the State Department forms, require the address history back to age 16. The G-325A that accompanies the I-129F (USCIS forms) requires only the last five years. I figure you're going to freak out the OP to make him think he messed up something when he hasn't even gotten to that stage yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Look on the bright side. At least you know that your file is getting looked at finally.

AND even MORE important..it was not rejected, denied. That's how I looked at it when we received an RFE notification and ANXIOUSLY waited for the letter with the reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I think you might talk about later in the process right? not the I129F phase?

I am not sure you need police clearance for all countries you lived in, at this stage anyway. Maybe it depends on the time you spent in each country? I definitly didn't need anything from malta and I lived 6 months there, or my 5 months in the US...

And in the G325A, it is the last 5 years, not everywhere since the age of 16. This comes later (DS230 part I, before the interview)

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.