Mr. Big Dog

2006 Elections - let's have it

84 posts in this topic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to CNN -- Olympia Snow (R-Maine) and every VJ poster's favorite Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts) are early winners. Also GOP Rep. John Hostettler, will lose his seat in Indiana's 8th District to Democrat Brad Ellsworth.

huge lines at the polls in California, according to local news -- that's something for the midterms

Edited by robinklake

90day.jpg

Lieberman keeps his seat

:( I sure hope not.

Sure looks like it will happen, but haven't given up hope yet. Some talk has been he might switch parties after the election...not sure I agree.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

At least ma people had some sense not to vote such a dreadful candidate like kerry healey as the next govener. Deval patrick isnt perfect by all means but he the best that there is atm.

I think george bush will be choking on his corn flakes come tomorrow morning. Its a message that americans are sick of the war and sick of his bully boy tactics from the bush administration.

Edited by Donal78

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Filed: Timeline

Half way there:

CNN projects Democratic win in Rhode Island, beating incumbent Lincoln Chafee, giving the Democrats three of the six pickups they need to take control of the Senate.

NBC projects Democrat Whitehouse takes R.I. Senate seat from Chafee

Even FoxNews knows it: Dems Gain Senate Seats In Pennsylvania, Ohio; Sheldon Whitehouse (D) Defeats Rhode Island Sen. Lincoln Chafee

Edited by ET-US2004

Tom Delay's old seat is turning out to be a little tighter than we expected here. The write-in-candidate factor we thought would help Lampson (D) but with only early voting it looks like the Dems will take this seat.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Tom Delay's old seat is turning out to be a little tighter than we expected here. The write-in-candidate factor we thought would help Lampson (D) but with only early voting it looks like the Dems will take this seat.

All the re-districting for nothing, eh? :P

It's may be even sweeter victory when you take into consideration that Lampson was redistricted out of his seat by Delay's plan. Ah I may start to have faith in justice again. :D

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Timeline

TN and VA are still too close to call. TN; a black Dem running against a white Rep and it is too close to call - you really gotta soak that in to realize just how much trouble the Rep's are in. Bush has thoroughly brought he Republican party to it's knees if a Republican has to really fight a black Democrat for the US Senate seat in TN which is vacated by no other than the Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did my part in VA... I would just love not to have to look at that smirking, racist, tobacco-chomping, "good ol boy", georgemuthafuckinallen ever the hell again. I would not buy a used car from that guy! Okay, so Webb is no bright star, but Allen is a clown and an embarrassment to the state. (fingers crossed for majority sanity!)

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize