VisaParaUnSueno

Booking My Flight to London To See My Past, Present, and Future

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Off Topic forum -- not a visa process issue. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

flights.google.com

travelocity.com

- I recommend travelocity or expedia as they're very user friendly.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

I'd opt for one of the airline sites. This is especially helpful if you want to choose your seat. We used United.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

I go to one of the aggregators (Expedia, Kayak, etc.) and find the cheapest flights available there, then go to the airline site to book. It's often a few bucks (or more) cheaper directly from the airline, you can (usually) choose your seat as LeftCoastLady points out above, and if there's an issue with the flight, it's easier to fix than with an aggregator.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

itasoftware.com - you can't book there but it gives you the option of looking at fares with more flexible options than most other sites (30 day departure window, multiple alternate airports, varying trip length, etc.). Gives you a good idea of what combination of departure date, trip length and airports gives you the lowest fares. It's where I usually start when looking at overseas trips. I'm usually flexible with my travel dates, have some flexibility with the length of stay and I look at trips originating from either Tampa, Orlando or Miami going where I want to go. Found some huge savings that way. Have yet to pay more than $800.00 r/t to Berlin, for example. I typically end up booking with airlines directly which usually ends up being either less than what I'd pay at the popular travel sites or I find better itineraries or both. Check it out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you I shall... smile.gif

itasoftware.com - you can't book there but it gives you the option of looking at fares with more flexible options than most other sites (30 day departure window, multiple alternate airports, varying trip length, etc.). Gives you a good idea of what combination of departure date, trip length and airports gives you the lowest fares. It's where I usually start when looking at overseas trips. I'm usually flexible with my travel dates, have some flexibility with the length of stay and I look at trips originating from either Tampa, Orlando or Miami going where I want to go. Found some huge savings that way. Have yet to pay more than $800.00 r/t to Berlin, for example. I typically end up booking with airlines directly which usually ends up being either less than what I'd pay at the popular travel sites or I find better itineraries or both. Check it out!

Last time I booked, Expedia.ca was cheaper than .com and it was the same price as United.com Sometimes it's good to change airlines and you save a bunch, other times if you are stuck somewhere, you're screwed (happened to me last time I flew... ended up overnight in Seattle instead of with my husband... GRRRRRR...)

I like looking at Kayak.com first because it lets you choose such flexible items like +/-3 days or certain number of trip days and then shows you the cheapest flights for those periods.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Thank you I shall... smile.gif

Worked again. I was planning a trip with the family to NYC for a week and - because I always look when planning trips - happened upon $650.00 r/t fares from Miami to Berlin instead. Awesome deal and the bonus is that we get to fly the A380 back from Frankfurt to Miami. Wanted to get on one of those for some time now. Good stuff. I haven't flown that cheap in a long time. And we're flying Lufthansa to boot. Yay!