juan2587

I-130 Mother PMR for unmarried son over 21

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Nice to meet you guys. My mother is a permanent resident and wants to file an petition for me.... F2B Unmarried Son over 21.

Well, this is my immigration history:

I came to the US with a J1 Visa (Exchange Visitor), then change to F1 Visa Student. My expiration date is set D/S (Duration of Status). I'm currently in the US.

I have some questions regarding the I-130 Petition for me:

Question #14) He or she arrived as a: Exchange Visitor or Student? Which one should I write?

Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95:

Should I put D/S?

C) Information about your relative:

#2) Address: This is where I'm not sure if should I put my address from my country or the address where I currently live in the US.

Question #22) Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status

Should I put the USCIS Office or the American Consular? or both? Since I'm currently in the US and I will have to wait some years when a Visa become available.

Edited by juan2587

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You most likely not be adjusting status in the US as you have such a long wait for a visa and maintaining a student visa that long is iffy.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.