Scarlet_

jobless and worthless.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

feeling depressed with my life.. i have a wonderful husband and loving family. but i need to help my hubby with the finances cause we're not doing good at that part lately. no ead yet. im a newly registered nurse but jobs for new nurses in los angeles area dont hire new nurses. this is terrible. i havent started applying for jobs yet coz im not sure if that's okay, yet seeing this awful situation of nurses in CA takes away that little hope i have with me. i need a job to help myself gain confidence and as we;ll as to earn money. I dont know what to do.

Edited by Scarlet_

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are other jobs available in LA. You'll just have to adjust and don't be picky.

Good luck. :thumbs:

It is fine to start applying for jobs before you have received the EAD, though you should explain to the potential employer that you won't be able to start until you receive the EAD.

feeling depressed with my life.. i have a wonderful husband and loving family. but i need to help my hubby with the finances cause we're not doing good at that part lately. no ead yet. im a newly registered nurse but jobs for new nurses in los angeles area dont hire new nurses. this is terrible. i havent started applying for jobs yet coz im not sure if that's okay, yet seeing this awful situation of nurses in CA takes away that little hope i have with me. i need a job to help myself gain confidence and as we;ll as to earn money. I dont know what to do.

You might try looking for a job as a CNA and work your way up through the company for experience. Then, when a position for RN opens up, you would probably qualify for the transfer. I know a lot of new nurses have to work their way up for that experience and it pays off for them in the end.

Just a thought!

Good luck to you :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

As an inexperienced nurse, you might want to look beyond the major medical employers/hospitals such as Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Medical and Cedars-Sanai for your first job and try to get some experience by starting with skilled nursing care facilities, subacute or nursing homes. However, continue to monitor the posted jobs by the major hospitals on a daily basis. I've seen RN listings for Good Samaritan Hospital (Good Sam) requiring as little as 6 months experience, but know the competition for those is fierce.

Are you familiar with/or registered with sites such as nurse.com and allnurses.com? Click the allnurses.com link to read about the experience of a new RN grad and note the tips she recommends when seeking an RN position, also you can network with other nurses on that site and network with nurse groups in the LA area on fb.

Keep your head up and best wishes.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Scarlet,

Just a suggestion, I work for Los Angeles County have you applied for a county job? They seem to need nurses all the time.

B. Franklin

Timeline

As an inexperienced nurse, you might want to look beyond the major medical employers/hospitals such as Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Medical and Cedars-Sanai for your first job and try to get some experience by starting with skilled nursing care facilities, subacute or nursing homes. However, continue to monitor the posted jobs by the major hospitals on a daily basis. I've seen RN listings for Good Samaritan Hospital (Good Sam) requiring as little as 6 months experience, but know the competition for those is fierce.

Are you familiar with/or registered with sites such as nurse.com and allnurses.com? Click the allnurses.com link to read about the experience of a new RN grad and note the tips she recommends when seeking an RN position, also you can network with other nurses on that site and network with nurse groups in the LA area on fb.

Keep your head up and best wishes.

:thumbs:

Scarlet,

Just a suggestion, I work for Los Angeles County have you applied for a county job? They seem to need nurses all the time.

B. Franklin

:thumbs:

I-129F Sent : 2012 Feb 29

I-129F NOA1 : 2012 Mar 06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012 July 09

NVC case number: 2012 July 24

NVC notice received: 2012 July 30

Medical Exam : 2012 Aug 13-14.. PASSED :)

INTERVIEW : 2012 Sept 13.. PASSED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LORD!

VISA DELIVERED: 2012 Sept 19

AOS

sent - dec 7,2012

noa1 - dec10,2012

bio - jan 7,2013

ead approved - feb 1, 2013

ead on hand -

*** TO GOD BE THE GLORY ***

Timeline

hi im a new RN too. Im glad to see suggestions in this post.. People here in vj are so helpful as always..

Scarlet, do you have your work permit already? I dont have mine yet, but we can help each other out in finding a job once i had my EAD. Dont lose hope.. We can make it!

God bless! :)

Edited by lawren14

I-129F Sent : 2012 Feb 29

I-129F NOA1 : 2012 Mar 06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012 July 09

NVC case number: 2012 July 24

NVC notice received: 2012 July 30

Medical Exam : 2012 Aug 13-14.. PASSED :)

INTERVIEW : 2012 Sept 13.. PASSED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LORD!

VISA DELIVERED: 2012 Sept 19

AOS

sent - dec 7,2012

noa1 - dec10,2012

bio - jan 7,2013

ead approved - feb 1, 2013

ead on hand -

*** TO GOD BE THE GLORY ***

Why dont you try to find some level entry work for now like receptionist or clerk, it wont be long term but at least its something and soon you can be able to apply for nurse jobs..

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.