5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been seeing this new feature online in comment sections on different platforms such as forums and news articles. It shows the members profiles who also like someone's comment. Is that something that's available for these boards?

This is an example of what I'm talking about. At the bottom right next to the Like or Reply option you can see three member's profiles that also liked that person's comment.

example_zps9d2041cb.jpg

And this is an example of when you hover over one of the three profile's that like the comment you can see the member's name. If you click on it then it takes you to their profile and you can view their comment history.

example2_zps547c747b.jpg

I think this added feature would help make things more transparent on here of who's an active member but doesn't otherwise post and who's not really an active member, and possibly reduce inflation of likes by sock puppet profiles.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yessss, A "Like" button would be great on VJ. I thought about this when friends would leave comments on our page we would be able to click "Like" . You're a Long Term Member maybe you can get action taken on this idea :) Good Luck!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yessss, A "Like" button would be great on VJ. I thought about this when friends would leave comments on our page we would be able to click "Like" . You're a Long Term Member maybe you can get action taken on this idea :) Good Luck!

The "like" button is the +1 option on the bottom left hand corner of the comment section.

Personally I am already tracked too much online. Why turn VJ into a facebook clone?

Interesting. Though facebook does tracking that is across multiple platforms and even when you're not on facebook they can track you unlike VJ. Facebook's practices from a big corporation are similar to the giant tech company Google's new privacy policies and tracking. It's all connected anyways.

On VJ one can already see a person's last login, even if they wish to remain anonymous and don't often post, by going to the member's portal and seeing where they land in the recent activity. It doesn't give date and time but it does give the proximity of days the profile was last active and you can see recent members activity of profiles from the same country on either side of them and guess the range the profile you're inquiring about was last active.

I think if you have nothing to hide it's one thing but for those who practice unethical behavior on an immigration support site I hope that a technological option that is being introduced in the market with the new "likes" option that I've seen on other platforms would be adopted and bring more transparency to these groups who think they are protected in what they're doing with hiding behind an assumed anonymity.

These things are being introduced because it's not just endemic on this site but other forums similar to it and I think they're all the better for it. Kids will be kids and play around but many of us are also adults. No matter how much we may get sucked in the fantasy presented of being able to be someone else in the online world, and how it may be new to some of us and fun, we should be reminded that there is also a very real world outside this bubble with very real consequences and keep ourselves in check.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can study this topic from a pc tied into the internet?

let us know what you see in the lower left quadrant, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !