AKSinghSingh79

January 2013 I-130 Filers

703 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

VJ Friends,

Thank to everyone who responded to my questions and frustrations. Four days short of one year my wife was approved for her CR-1 in Rio de Janeiro. I too had a million question, million worries and a million negative thoughts. But, in the end it was all worth it. I filed the initial I-130 on January 10, 2013 and her appointment was January 6, 2014.

What I learned: if the NVC wants originals, send originals. I got RFE'd on a few items because they were copies - civil documents, police and good conduct reports, etc. Speaking of the Consulate in Rio, everyone there was very friendly and helpful. Be prepared. If they want you to bring documents then bring them.

This closes our Journey. It was difficult, stressful but friends, stick with it. It WILL have a great ending. Stay faithful and especially stay close to your loved one.

Cheers and all of our best wishes to everyone.

Chrys and Dave

Wow, congrats on the end to your journey!

I can't help but be extremely envious.. I haven't even got my NOA2 yet.

IR1/CR1 Visa - We are using a lawyer!

Embassy: Montreal, Canada

USCIS

22 Jan 2013 -- packageSent
31 Jan 2013 -- NOA1 from NBC

6 Mar 2013 -- I130 transferred to Orlando local field office (which started the whole nightmare)

Mar 2013 to October 2013 no one would tell us where our case was or what was happening. I suspected the whole time it was just sitting in a corner somewhere in the Orlando field office. I was pretty much right.

October 2013 - get congressman involved. Congressman asks USCIS repeatedly about our case but they won't even tell them anything.

31 Jan 2014- finally get NOA2!!!! (we think the nightmare is over!)

NVC

Our case was not sent from the Orlando field office as it should have been. The nightmare continues. We kept calling NVC and asking if they received our case, and they always said "NO" and that we had to wait 90 business days for it to be received. We called USCIS during this time and they kept telling us it had been sent. After the 90 days of agonizing frustration, NVC then started telling us we had to wait 120 business days. I got our congressman involved again, and they told the congressman it was sitting at the Orlando office this whole time (just as I thought it was!).

22 Apr 2014 -- NVC received
16 May 2014 -- NVC case number assigned
24 May 2014 -- AoS and IV bills paid

28 May 2014 -- Sent AoS and IV Packages

6 June 2014 -- documents scanned

18 July 2014 -- false checklist from NVC

21 July 2014 -- Case complete

28 July 2014 -- receive case complete email from NV

30 July 2014 -- interview booked! September 11 here I come!

Embassy
04 Sept 2014 -- Medical
11 Sept 2014 -- Interview - APPROVED!!!!
15 Sept 2014 -- Package arrived at Loomis location!!!

**03 Oct 2014 -- POE!! **

I NOW LIVE IN OCALA, FL!!!!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was wanting to fill out the DS-260 but my wife lost her passport.....OMG????

Ouch. hey, not to fret. She will have to get a new passport. My wife had to get a new passport to change her name from her previous married name to her maiden name. Then change it again to my last name. Two new passports. Can be done!!

Good luck!

MARRIED December 14, 2012 in Natal, Brazil

USCIS:
01/10/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
03/15/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/25/2013 - Received
04/08/2013 - NVC case # generated
04/09/2013 - AOS Invoice Received
04/09/2013 - Paid AOS Bill
04/10/2013 - Sent DS-3023
04/19/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
04/27/2013 - AOS Package Sent - USPS Express Mail

04/30/2012 - AOS Delivered
04/19/2013 - IV Invoice Received
08/22/2013 - IV Package Received at NVC

09/10/2013 - RFE Received at NVC

09/19/2013 - RFE - Completed NEW Online Form DS-260

10/04/2013 - RFE - NEW Police Report required
11/22/2013 - Case Complete

Consulate
01/02/2014 - Medical - cutting it close
01/06/2014 - Interview Rio de Janeiro - APPROVED!!!!!
06/27/2014 - POE Charlotte

ADVISE "TAKE YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TO THE AIRPORT WHEN LEAVING BRAZIL. GOL AIRLINES DID NOT BELIEVE WE WERE MARRIED AND ALMOST DID NOT ISSUE A BOARDING PASS FOR MY WIFE. MY WIFE HAD TO SHOW HER BRAZILIAN DOCUMENTS SHOWING HER LAST NAME AS MINE"

Have my medical in London on Monday, interview at the embassy on the 27th Jan, flying out to US around 10th Feb all been well, my POE being Washington DC. Just arrived back into Manchester from there at 5am this morning after 9 weeks with my wife and family over Christmas and New Years.The next flight over is going to be the last one for a long time:) Over the last 4 years of our relationship I've flown over and back 23 times! We started this journey on the 15th Jan 2013 and will end it hopefully a year and a few days later:)

Edited by fcat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just to update. Today,a moment ago I called to NVC and our case finally it's complete. So we are just waiting for the consulate at Ciudad Juarez for the interview date.

No other words can say than: I feel a huge relief. And happiness.

We are almost there! :)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Guys i just popped back to let you know ~

Visa APPROVED today yayyyyyyyyy, Praise God. :)

I have put a run down of my interview on my timeline of US Embassy in London, Hope this will help anyone who is going there.

Good Luck on your Visas and keep asking the Lord for favour.

Have a great day :)

Timeline

Have my medical in London on Monday, interview at the embassy on the 27th Jan, flying out to US around 10th Feb all been well, my POE being Washington DC. Just arrived back into Manchester from there at 5am this morning after 9 weeks with my wife and family over Christmas and New Years.The next flight over is going to be the last one for a long time:) Over the last 4 years of our relationship I've flown over and back 23 times! We started this journey on the 15th Jan 2013 and will end it hopefully a year and a few days later:)

Woohoooo fcat, i got visa approved today down in London. check out my update on my timeline of my interview. Hope it helps you. Good Luck for 27th Jan, thats when i fly into LA. Will be thinking of you :) .

Woohoooo fcat, i got visa approved today down in London. check out my update on my timeline of my interview. Hope it helps you. Good Luck for 27th Jan, thats when i fly into LA. Will be thinking of you smile.png .

Thanks and congrats:)

Hey Guys i just popped back to let you know ~

Visa APPROVED today yayyyyyyyyy, Praise God. smile.png

I have put a run down of my interview on my timeline of US Embassy in London, Hope this will help anyone who is going there.

Good Luck on your Visas and keep asking the Lord for favour.

Have a great day smile.png

Congrats!! you say in your review you were asked for copies of your husbands 2012 tax forms, did you supply these to the NVC too with your I-864 ?? or were these missing which is why they wanted them ?

thanks

Edited by fcat

Timeline

Congrats!! you say in your review you were asked for copies of your husbands 2012 tax forms, did you supply these to the NVC too with your I-864 ?? or were these missing which is why they wanted them ?

thanks

I was asked because when our attorney sent our file to NVC my husband had applied for an extension on his 2012, but by time i went to my interview he had filed his 2012 Tax return,so i was asked for his 2012 tax return that he had since then filed smile.png as for the I-864 that was filed at NVC.

If i can help with anything else fcat don't hesitate to ask.

I advise you to be at the Embassy for 7am, first in first out was the case with me smile.png , and like i said only took less than an hour once in the building smile.png .

When i got home yesterday i checked on CEAC website and it said in Administrive Processing , but this morning it changed to Issued , so dont panic when you see that on yours too :)

Edited by justoleme

I was asked because when our attorney sent our file to NVC my husband had applied for an extension on his 2012, but by time i went to my interview he had filed his 2012 Tax return,so i was asked for his 2012 tax return that he had since then filed smile.png as for the I-864 that was filed at NVC.

If i can help with anything else fcat don't hesitate to ask.

I advise you to be at the Embassy for 7am, first in first out was the case with me smile.png , and like i said only took less than an hour once in the building smile.png .

When i got home yesterday i checked on CEAC website and it said in Administrive Processing , but this morning it changed to Issued , so dont panic when you see that on yours too smile.png

Excellent , thanks for the info.

Justoleme, i would like to know how long it takes for your passport to arrive back with you and if yo arranged for pickup at the depot or paid for the home delivery ? i have done the home delivery and would like to try book my flight ASAP.

Timeline

Justoleme, i would like to know how long it takes for your passport to arrive back with you and if yo arranged for pickup at the depot or paid for the home delivery ? i have done the home delivery and would like to try book my flight ASAP.

After my interview the lady gave me a pink slip , i was told to fill it in and go around to the back of the building and up some steps , a lady was sitting at a desk , i gave her my pink slip and paid £8.85, that is for home delivery as far as i am aware between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

I am due to fly on 27th, hope it is back with me or then. will keep you updated when i get it back .

Good luck on your interview .

After my interview the lady gave me a pink slip , i was told to fill it in and go around to the back of the building and up some steps , a lady was sitting at a desk , i gave her my pink slip and paid £8.85, that is for home delivery as far as i am aware between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

I am due to fly on 27th, hope it is back with me or then. will keep you updated when i get it back .

Good luck on your interview .

cool, did you not sign up with the online courier system ?

Did they ask you when you were flyign out or if you had booked your flight ? Let me know when you get it back if you would.

Timeline

cool, did you not sign up with the online courier system ?

Did they ask you when you were flyign out or if you had booked your flight ? Let me know when you get it back if you would.

Hey fcat.

No i didn't do it with the online courier system, ive read on here where some ended up having a nightmare doing it that way . some even had to pay that twice to get their passports back so i did mine on the day at the embassy itself.

yes they asked when i wanted to fly - i told them asap as my step daughter was ill in california. yeah i will let you know when its been delivered back to me too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.