meadowzephyr

Normal Range of Time

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Perhaps I'm just a bit anxious. We received the NOA1 for my husband's AOS from K-1 Visa on August 1, 2012. He had his biometric appointment on August 23, 2012. We still have heard nothing from USCIS since the biometric. Are we still within the normal timeframe?

Thanks!

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

A couple of links that might be useful to figure that out:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ (go to AOS timelines at the bottom of the page)

and

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Good luck!

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Timeline

Have you signed up to receive case status updates by email? or are you able to access your case online?

You need to figure out where your case is. Since youre a K1 you may or may not need an interview. If youre able to access your case online it will tell you where your case is being currently being processed or what step youre currently on. If youre not able to access it online, you can call and ask.

If youre being processed at the national benefits center- then thats either good or bad depending on how you look at it. The NBC is where you sit while they do 'background checks', decide whether or not to send RFEs, and will decide whether or not your case will be sent for an interview or if you will be issued a GC w/o an interview. So if youre still showing being processed at the NBC theres nothing you can do but sit and wait for them to decide what happens next. You may be able to put in a service request though if you are there still since it has been 5 months, but I dont know that for sure...

If it shows you were transferred to a local office for interview/scheduleding processing, then it means you are required to have an interview and you can check the timelines link for a general idea of processing times and trends for your local office. However, it could be a long wait. When I look at the trends at my local office I can see that last year around this time they were moving rather quickly. People were getting scheduled and approved GC around the rate of apx 2-3 months, then all of a sudden there was a slow down and now it seems the processing time is around 7-8 months. Currently the people being called in for interviews and receiving GC during the month of Dec at my local offices were those who filed for AOS in April.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Have you signed up to receive case status updates by email? or are you able to access your case online?

You need to figure out where your case is. Since youre a K1 you may or may not need an interview. If youre able to access your case online it will tell you where your case is being currently being processed or what step youre currently on. If youre not able to access it online, you can call and ask.

If youre being processed at the national benefits center- then thats either good or bad depending on how you look at it. The NBC is where you sit while they do 'background checks', decide whether or not to send RFEs, and will decide whether or not your case will be sent for an interview or if you will be issued a GC w/o an interview. So if youre still showing being processed at the NBC theres nothing you can do but sit and wait for them to decide what happens next. You may be able to put in a service request though if you are there still since it has been 5 months, but I dont know that for sure...

If it shows you were transferred to a local office for interview/scheduleding processing, then it means you are required to have an interview and you can check the timelines link for a general idea of processing times and trends for your local office. However, it could be a long wait. When I look at the trends at my local office I can see that last year around this time they were moving rather quickly. People were getting scheduled and approved GC around the rate of apx 2-3 months, then all of a sudden there was a slow down and now it seems the processing time is around 7-8 months. Currently the people being called in for interviews and receiving GC during the month of Dec at my local offices were those who filed for AOS in April.

Thank you Capri. My receipt number shows that it went to the Missouri Service Center. The online case status only says "Acceptance." So I don't where we are in the stream of time. It was not sent to California Service Center, so I don't know if we will have an interview or not.

Any suggestions on how I can find out where it is?

Thanks again for your reply.

Oops! I checked again and you are right. It is at the National Benefits center. So I guess I should sit back and wait.

K-1 Visa Journey

June 9, 2012 - Married!

August 1, 2012 - NOA1

ROC Journey

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Well its good that you know where you are.

Being at the NBC means you'll can possibly be receiving a RFE (but if you havent gotten one by now most likely youre not getting one) or youre either be approved w/o and interview or be transferred to a local office for an interview.

Since they dont have any official processing times for the NBC for the 485, I dont know that you can call and ask for a service request on your case since its been so many months but if you want you can call up and try.

Timeline

Well its good that you know where you are.

Being at the NBC means you'll can possibly be receiving a RFE (but if you havent gotten one by now most likely youre not getting one) or youre either be approved w/o and interview or be transferred to a local office for an interview.

Since they dont have any official processing times for the NBC for the 485, I dont know that you can call and ask for a service request on your case since its been so many months but if you want you can call up and try.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help.

So by it being at National Benefits Center that means:

1. RFE

2. Approval w/o interview

3. Or transfer to local center for interview

Pardon my ignorance in advance, but what other possibilities existed for my application besides the aforementioned ones had it not been sent to NBC?

K-1 Visa Journey

June 9, 2012 - Married!

August 1, 2012 - NOA1

ROC Journey

event.png

Timeline

K-1 Visa Journey

June 9, 2012 - Married!

August 1, 2012 - NOA1

ROC Journey

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.