doelin

ssn problem

21 posts in this topic

A PLEASANT DAY TO ALL VJ MEMBER.I BEEN HERE IN USA FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS AND ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH SINCE I APPLIED MY SSN AND YET I HAVEN'T RECIEVE THE SSN CARD.SO,ME AND MY HUSBAND WENT BACK TO THE SS OFFICE AND THEY SAID I DO NOT HAVE ANY RECORD YET AT THE HOMELAND?ANYONE EXPERIENCE THE SAME AS MINE?WHY MY RECORD IS NOT IN HOMELAND?MY poe IS GUAM.WE ARE ABOUT TO FILE FOR MY AOS I AM DEEPLY WORRIED IF THEY SAID I DO NOT HAVE RECORD SO DOES IT MEAN THIS WILL AFFECT ALSO TO MY AOS APPLICATION?

DESPERATELY NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP SHED LIGHT OF MY WORRIES.WHAT SHOULD I DO?GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey! i have the same problem with you! i was about to apply for my ssn yesterday but they told me they don't have any records of me arriving here in Guam. This is so frustrating, i've been here for 2 mos already!

i called the immigration here in Guam, they told me to come in their office and bring the letter SSA gave me together with my passport and i94. i'll give you an update, i think i might go there later or maybe tomorrow.

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/14/2013 - AOS Package sent

03/19/2013 - I-485 and I-131 NOA's

03/26/2013 - I-765 Rejection Notice (signature missing)

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/02/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for AOS - Appointment 04/26/2013

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

04/17/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for I-765 - Appointment 05/10/2013

04/26/2013 - Biometrics done in Hagatna, Guam

05/15/2013 - Got letter in the mail we have out interview date!

06/15/2013 - AOS Interview

06/7/2013 - Got my Advance Parole in the mail

06/17/2013 - GC approved!

06/26/2013 - Received GC in the mai!

ROC Timeline:

5/21/2015 - ROC packet sent

5/26/2015 - Extension Letter

8/4/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the Mail (8/14)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are the 2nd person who recently said that SSA does not show as having records to complete the SS card application, makes a person wonder who is dropping the ball SSA or USCIS.

I would not worry with filing your AOS, all your documents are in the USCIS system along with the packet you delivered at POE.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You are the 2nd person who recently said that SSA does not show as having records to complete the SS card application, makes a person wonder who is dropping the ball SSA or USCIS.

I would not worry with filing your AOS, all your documents are in the USCIS system along with the packet you delivered at POE.

THANK IN A MILLION HANK YOU ARE ALWAYS IN THE RESCUE :-) i am just hoping that all of this mess will not really affect or might be a nightmare to me and my husband regarding my AOS application!!!!i do not understand why SS here told me i do not any record thats why i have not recieve my ssn card :-( i was wondering if guam keep hold of my record?and why?

hey! i have the same problem with you! i was about to apply for my ssn yesterday but they told me they don't have any records of me arriving here in Guam. This is so frustrating, i've been here for 2 mos already!

i called the immigration here in Guam, they told me to come in their office and bring the letter SSA gave me together with my passport and i94. i'll give you an update, i think i might go there later or maybe tomorrow.

are you in guam?well,i would gladly appreciate and be waiting some news from you!god bless.

Timeline

are you in guam?well,i would gladly appreciate and be waiting some news from you!god bless.

yes, i am here in Guam. i'll send u a msg as soon as i have an update :yes:

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

ROC Timeline:

Timeline

hey! we went to homeland security here in won pat airport. they told me that its impossible that they do not have any record of me arriving here in guam bec they issued me the form i94, that's basically the proof that we got here in guam.

so we asked them why SSA is saying that i dont have any records! you know what they told me? I SHOULD ADJUST MY STATUS FIRST BEFORE THEY CAN ISSUE MY SSN!

so my husband and i were both shocked! because i have friends here in guam who got their ssn even if they haven't adjusted their status yet.

they also told us to go to uscis local office here in guam and make an appointment.

wth happened here in guam? did they change the process? help!!!

AOS Timeline:

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

ROC Timeline:

hey! we went to homeland security here in won pat airport. they told me that its impossible that they do not have any record of me arriving here in guam bec they issued me the form i94, that's basically the proof that we got here in guam.

so we asked them why SSA is saying that i dont have any records! you know what they told me? I SHOULD ADJUST MY STATUS FIRST BEFORE THEY CAN ISSUE MY SSN!

so my husband and i were both shocked! because i have friends here in guam who got their ssn even if they haven't adjusted their status yet.

they also told us to go to uscis local office here in guam and make an appointment.

wth happened here in guam? did they change the process? help!!!

[/quot

hi gud evening ohh im sorry it is night time here in south dakota i bet it is day time in guam right now.that is horrible and they make us confused it is not true that we need to apply for AOS status b4 we get an SSN .bacause i have a friend who came here just a week ahead of me and she is not even married yet but,she got here ssn already.huh what the heck is happening to our records?my friend even issued by SSA a SSN that authorize her to work?whew all i know we need to file for EAD b4 we can work here?confusing really.so what we had to do now?i got married last 18th of dec,and by next week we're planning to apply for AOS.i hope it wont be a conflict for our application :-(

thank u so much for your effort..god bless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, you not apply in visa name, 3 to 4 weeks after arrival, right? Why not ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

A PLEASANT DAY TO ALL VJ MEMBER.I BEEN HERE IN USA FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS AND ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH SINCE I APPLIED MY SSN AND YET I HAVEN'T RECIEVE THE SSN CARD.SO,ME AND MY HUSBAND WENT BACK TO THE SS OFFICE AND THEY SAID I DO NOT HAVE ANY RECORD YET AT THE HOMELAND?ANYONE EXPERIENCE THE SAME AS MINE?WHY MY RECORD IS NOT IN HOMELAND?MY poe IS GUAM.WE ARE ABOUT TO FILE FOR MY AOS I AM DEEPLY WORRIED IF THEY SAID I DO NOT HAVE RECORD SO DOES IT MEAN THIS WILL AFFECT ALSO TO MY AOS APPLICATION?

DESPERATELY NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP SHED LIGHT OF MY WORRIES.WHAT SHOULD I DO?GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

Send an e-mail to the main SSA office on their web site and explain your situation to them. The should give you an e-mail to take to the local office to resolve this. It sounds like your I-94 is still valid. you may want to go to the local SSA office and have them look you up using the maiden name and get the number that way and then go back and chenge the last name. You have until 2 weeks before the i-94 expires to get the SSN without waiting for the EAD or GC. It sounds like the people in Guam are not well trained on the dealings with a K-1 visa. Talking to USCIS is a waste of time as they can tell you one thing, but it is the SSA you want to get the card from not USCIS. The only thing of value USCIS can do is verify you are in the system and all information--name, DOB, etc--is correct.

Send e-mail NOW!!

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

We also had POE in Guam back in September 26. We applied for SSN on October 11 here in California which was 2 weeks after my wife's arrival. We got the exact same response about how there was no record and check back in 2 weeks....fast forward and we've been going back and forth with SSN and we've been in at least 4 times over the last 2.5 months and now my wife's I-94 is expired. What was crazy we even got a letter from SSN written on December 7 stating that a receipt shows we applied for SSN card on OCtober 11, the SSN Card would be delivered in about 2 weeks by December 21. Her I-94 expired Decmber 25...Now that it's expired we get a notice from SSN stating they can't issue her a Social Security Card at this time because:

Your legal immigration status and/or document(s) will expire before an SSN card can be issued to you.

The I-94 has expired and the VISA in your passport does not have the correct authorization to issue a number.

Please notify Social Security upon any change, including any extension, in you status. Thank You

Even though measures have been taken well in advance and we've followed everything SS has told us to do, now they apparently can't help us because Homeland Security's reluctance due to the expiration of I-94... The local SS office, it's been moved up the chain to someone in regional let's see what happens next. Apparently Social Security and Homeland Security work seperately from each other and nobody seems to be willing to take the blame for whomever is resposible for this debacle...

so, you not apply in visa name, 3 to 4 weeks after arrival, right? Why not ?

i did apply at SSA my visa name 3 weeks after my arrival here.i intentionally try to apply in that time coz i was thinkin that would be enough time for my POE to forward my doc.to the homeland :-( but,why this is still happen?huh...frustrated!

Send an e-mail to the main SSA office on their web site and explain your situation to them. The should give you an e-mail to take to the local office to resolve this. It sounds like your I-94 is still valid. you may want to go to the local SSA office and have them look you up using the maiden name and get the number that way and then go back and chenge the last name. You have until 2 weeks before the i-94 expires to get the SSN without waiting for the EAD or GC. It sounds like the people in Guam are not well trained on the dealings with a K-1 visa. Talking to USCIS is a waste of time as they can tell you one thing, but it is the SSA you want to get the card from not USCIS. The only thing of value USCIS can do is verify you are in the system and all information--name, DOB, etc--is correct.

Send e-mail NOW!!

Good luck,

Dave

hi dave,thank you for the advice i will try to send an email today to the SSA main office.see if what they can do with my ordeal :-(

Timeline

We also had POE in Guam back in September 26. We applied for SSN on October 11 here in California which was 2 weeks after my wife's arrival. We got the exact same response about how there was no record and check back in 2 weeks....fast forward and we've been going back and forth with SSN and we've been in at least 4 times over the last 2.5 months and now my wife's I-94 is expired. What was crazy we even got a letter from SSN written on December 7 stating that a receipt shows we applied for SSN card on OCtober 11, the SSN Card would be delivered in about 2 weeks by December 21. Her I-94 expired Decmber 25...Now that it's expired we get a notice from SSN stating they can't issue her a Social Security Card at this time because:

Your legal immigration status and/or document(s) will expire before an SSN card can be issued to you.

The I-94 has expired and the VISA in your passport does not have the correct authorization to issue a number.

Please notify Social Security upon any change, including any extension, in you status. Thank You

Even though measures have been taken well in advance and we've followed everything SS has told us to do, now they apparently can't help us because Homeland Security's reluctance due to the expiration of I-94... The local SS office, it's been moved up the chain to someone in regional let's see what happens next. Apparently Social Security and Homeland Security work seperately from each other and nobody seems to be willing to take the blame for whomever is resposible for this debacle...

OM! I will call the local uscis office here in Guam on monday and try to fix this situation. I really hate whats happening! :angry:

AOS Timeline:

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

ROC Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.