doelin

ssn problem

21 posts in this topic

We also had POE in Guam back in September 26. We applied for SSN on October 11 here in California which was 2 weeks after my wife's arrival. We got the exact same response about how there was no record and check back in 2 weeks....fast forward and we've been going back and forth with SSN and we've been in at least 4 times over the last 2.5 months and now my wife's I-94 is expired. What was crazy we even got a letter from SSN written on December 7 stating that a receipt shows we applied for SSN card on OCtober 11, the SSN Card would be delivered in about 2 weeks by December 21. Her I-94 expired Decmber 25...Now that it's expired we get a notice from SSN stating they can't issue her a Social Security Card at this time because:

Your legal immigration status and/or document(s) will expire before an SSN card can be issued to you.

The I-94 has expired and the VISA in your passport does not have the correct authorization to issue a number.

Please notify Social Security upon any change, including any extension, in you status. Thank You

Even though measures have been taken well in advance and we've followed everything SS has told us to do, now they apparently can't help us because Homeland Security's reluctance due to the expiration of I-94... The local SS office, it's been moved up the chain to someone in regional let's see what happens next. Apparently Social Security and Homeland Security work seperately from each other and nobody seems to be willing to take the blame for whomever is resposible for this debacle...

OMG,,so what are we ganna do?is this mean we have to wait for approval of our AOS and by then thats the time they will issue us SSN?that ridiculuos.friend of mine they were here days or weeks upon there arrival they got their SSN right away and their SSN is permitted them to work it says!now my head spin...

wow,,,i thought gone are the stressful time of desperately waiting and processing of papers while im in philippines :-( but here we go again :-( huh help help help..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just sent an email to SSA's main office i hope they will reply ASAP! :unsure:

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/14/2013 - AOS Package sent

03/19/2013 - I-485 and I-131 NOA's

03/26/2013 - I-765 Rejection Notice (signature missing)

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/02/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for AOS - Appointment 04/26/2013

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

04/17/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for I-765 - Appointment 05/10/2013

04/26/2013 - Biometrics done in Hagatna, Guam

05/15/2013 - Got letter in the mail we have out interview date!

06/15/2013 - AOS Interview

06/7/2013 - Got my Advance Parole in the mail

06/17/2013 - GC approved!

06/26/2013 - Received GC in the mai!

ROC Timeline:

5/21/2015 - ROC packet sent

5/26/2015 - Extension Letter

8/4/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the Mail (8/14)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like a Guam specific problem. We went to the SS office 3 weeks after getting here and the I94 is the record they needed. She received her SS card 1 week later.

After married we tried for her new card with new last name. Sent in name change paperwork and it came back not enough evidence. So went to the office and lucky us, we got the same idiot who denied us by mail. Now her I94 was expired and He wouldn't back date to when we sent it in. But he didn't have any issues talking to my wifes chest and asking all kinds of questions about Philippines and wanting to find a filipina.

I'm not prejidous, but I could barely understand him and the uncertainty he showed and the lack of knowledge he had, surprised me he could be in that position. And throw in the rudeness of his actions, welcome to the US!!!!!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG,,so what are we ganna do?is this mean we have to wait for approval of our AOS and by then thats the time they will issue us SSN?that ridiculuos.friend of mine they were here days or weeks upon there arrival they got their SSN right away and their SSN is permitted them to work it says!now my head spin...

wow,,,i thought gone are the stressful time of desperately waiting and processing of papers while im in philippines :-( but here we go again :-( huh help help help..

Having the SSN does not permit your fiancee to work, you still need either the green card or the EA card. You can apply for the EA card and AP at the same time as you apply for the green card, both of those are free of charge as long as you apply at the same time as you file AOS. The EA card and AP will arrive within a couple months of applying usually.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have friends here in Guam with k1 visa holders who didn't have a hard time applying for SSN before!

I don't know what's the problem now, if they change the process or become strict

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/14/2013 - AOS Package sent

03/19/2013 - I-485 and I-131 NOA's

03/26/2013 - I-765 Rejection Notice (signature missing)

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/02/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for AOS - Appointment 04/26/2013

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

04/17/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for I-765 - Appointment 05/10/2013

04/26/2013 - Biometrics done in Hagatna, Guam

05/15/2013 - Got letter in the mail we have out interview date!

06/15/2013 - AOS Interview

06/7/2013 - Got my Advance Parole in the mail

06/17/2013 - GC approved!

06/26/2013 - Received GC in the mai!

ROC Timeline:

5/21/2015 - ROC packet sent

5/26/2015 - Extension Letter

8/4/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the Mail (8/14)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.