dreamwarrior

I got a call from NVC?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

2 days ago (NYE) I received a call from an international switchboard (I am in Vietnam). It's not from a direct line and it wasn't from a calling card, but from an internationally calling system within a company's switchboard. I've never received this type of call before here. Recently I sent in a response to a Checklist (rfe) from NVC. They wanted the police certificate. I assume that they wanted the translated police certificate which I had forgot to send in the original IV packet. This time I sent that and another original PC, which is my last original. I also sent a copy of the original PC, but no copies of the translation. Does anyone have any clue as to why they would call me? Is it possible that they want MY police certificate? I am a USC filing with my US address but have lived overseas for more than a year, on a tourist visa (non work related). They call was placed at 10PM EST. Is that even possible? I know the NVC phone # is open 7am-12am.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds really fishy... I think NVC communicates via official letter only (so that it reflects in your file) and not via phone calls...and never at 10pm. I'd call them to inquire.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sounds really fishy... I think NVC communicates via official letter only (so that it reflects in your file) and not via phone calls...and never at 10pm. I'd call them to inquire.

NVC may or may not have called. I would consider it unlikely but since the OP is in Vietnam, 10PM New Years Eve would be morning at NVC.

NVC does not require translations of police certificates that are in the local language where the interview will take place. So unless the PC was in a language other than Vietnamese, no translation was needed. NVC does not require police certificates for US Citizens regardless of circumstances.

To the OP. Just call NVC and ask them if they called.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC may or may not have called. I would consider it unlikely but since the OP is in Vietnam, 10PM New Years Eve would be morning at NVC.

NVC does not require translations of police certificates that are in the local language where the interview will take place. So unless the PC was in a language other than Vietnamese, no translation was needed. NVC does not require police certificates for US Citizens regardless of circumstances.

To the OP. Just call NVC and ask them if they called.

I called and apparently my case was completed on Dec 21!! Now just to wait for an interview date. I wonder if they called me to schedule an interview? Or perhaps it was just a wrong number. It's just strange because in Vietnam the number showed up as 09090, which means it's from a switchboard from an overseas location. It was 10AM here when they called, which would be 10PM over there, so probably unlikely. Well, we'll see again at 10AM tomorrow.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I called and apparently my case was completed on Dec 21!! Now just to wait for an interview date. I wonder if they called me to schedule an interview? Or perhaps it was just a wrong number. It's just strange because in Vietnam the number showed up as 09090, which means it's from a switchboard from an overseas location. It was 10AM here when they called, which would be 10PM over there, so probably unlikely. Well, we'll see again at 10AM tomorrow.

NVC would email, not call you about assigning an interview date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, a call was made, but apparently you did not actually take the call.

Concerned? Call into NVC (again) and ask what's going on.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC does make calls from time to time. they called me as well as my ex. if anyone is going through the immigration process and a call comes from any DOS number it is advisable to answer the call. They don't call just to see how your day is going. They may have had some advice to help you in the next stage related to the RFE. At this point nobody will know why they called. They dont call to say case complete.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.