joyap

Mother-Daughter Petition

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

As of Today 12/29/12

I am posting this in behalf of my mother, our primary question is: Is it faster for a U.S. Citizen than a Permanent Resident to have their petition for my sister/her daughter, who is unmarried and over 21 y.o., get processed?

if she is Filipina,then it is faster for your mother to be a LPR but your sister must be unmarried all the time.

the wait for unmarried children over 21 of a LPR is 10 years, for Filipinos, if your mother becomes a USC she can keep her LPR category because the wait would be 15 years or so

Filed: Timeline

if she is Filipina,then it is faster for your mother to be a LPR but your sister must be unmarried all the time.

the wait for unmarried children over 21 of a LPR is 10 years, for Filipinos, if your mother becomes a USC she can keep her LPR category because the wait would be 15 years or so

is that so? I stumbled upon this site, would you mind explaining to me what the "processing time" means?

i have attached it because the site reference i have posted wasn't working :bonk:

post-149686-0-98064800-1356831501_thumb.jpg

Edited by joyap

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is that so? I stumbled upon this site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do, would you mind explaining to me what it means if it is the "processing time"?

That is just the approval time at USCIS. Time for them to approve your i-130 form, NOT THE VISA.

The entire process for (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents for Philippines will take 10 YEARS.

The entire process for (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of U.S. Citizens for Philippines will take 15 YEARS.

Entire process means time from filing the petition up to visa issuance.

Refer to this: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5834.html

Daughter should maintain her unmarried/single status for the entire duration of the petition, if not, she will be transferred to another category with a much longer waiting period.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

is that so? I stumbled upon this site, would you mind explaining to me what the "processing time" means?

i have attached it because the site reference i have posted wasn't working :bonk:

that's only for the first form, the i130. once the i130 has been approved, it will be sent to the NVC or national visa center will it will wait until the priority date becomes current

once it is approved, she has to check every month the visa bulletin

this is the visa bulletin for January, F2B is the category for her right now, unmarried children over 21 of a LPR

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5834.html

they are working on cases sent on April 15th, 2002

F1 is the category for unmarried children over 21 of a USC

Filed: Timeline

oh, i see. What a shame for us! a lot of people have told us to petition my sister right after we came to USA 5 years ago, her papers would have been processing right now

:bonk:

my godmother told us to just petition them after we become U.S. Citizens for the reason that it would take a shorter time :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh, i see. What a shame for us! a lot of people have told us to petition my sister right after we came to USA 5 years ago, her papers would have been processing right now

:bonk:

my godmother told us to just petition them after we become U.S. Citizens for the reason that it would take a shorter time :(

Is your mom a US citizen already?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.