I AM NOT THAT GUY

When They Come For Your Guns, You Will Turn Them Over

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
By Jim Karger | 08/13/12

“When they come for my gun, they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands,” is a common refrain I often hear from the Neo-Cons when there is a threat, credible or otherwise, that the US government is going to take their firearms.

And, when I hear this crazy talk, I agree with them openly. “You are right. They will pry your gun from your cold dead hands,” which I often follow with the question, “And where will that leave you except face down in a pool of your own blood [in] the middle of the street, just another dead fool resisting the State?”

This is not a question they are comfortable with, if only because the intent of their saber-rattling was to imply they would fight to keep their weapons, and win.

Nice fantasy. It’s not happening.

If the federal government decides to disarm the public, and when the increasingly-militarized rolls down your street after a not-so-subtle request that you kindly turn over your firearms and ammunition “for the common good,” it will be nothing less than suicide by cop to do anything other than what you are told.

The militarization of US police forces is ongoing and escalating. Many cities and towns now own tanks, armed personnel carriers, even attack helicopters, and almost all are outfitted with military weapons not available to the general public.

And, it is not just your hometown cops who are getting new boy-toys. The military itself is buying up weaponry not just for use in the current or next scheduled war, but to deal with the likes of you, citizens who don’t seem to understand that the Bill of Rights has been overruled, and that specifically includes, but is not limited to, the right to protest and engage in civil disobedience.

Also ignored (as if it didn’t even exist) is the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 which generally bars the military from law enforcement activities within the United States.

According to Public Intelligence:

“…for the last two years, the President’s Budget Submissions for the Department of Defense have included purchases of a significant amount of combat equipment, including armored vehicles, helicopters and even artillery, under an obscure section of the FY2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the purposes of ‘homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities.’ Items purchased under the section include combat vehicles, tanks, helicopters, artillery, mortar systems, missiles, small arms and communications equipment. Justifications for the budget items indicate that many of the purchases are part of routine resupply and maintenance, yet in each case the procurement is cited as being ‘necessary for use by the active and reserve components of the Armed Forces for homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities’ under section 1815 of the FY 2008 NDAA.”

And, they are not just arming cops and weekend warriors for domestic purposes. Active duty Marines are now being trained for law enforcement operations all over the world (of which the US remains a part) specifically to deal with civil uprisings, and the US government knows that civil uprisings are coming to a town near you just as soon as the fantasy of a healing economy is shattered, the US dollar fails, and unemployment goes to 30%+ in real numbers.

And, to you tough-talking Neo-Cons with your AR-15 rifles and a few thousand rounds of ammo, here is the reality: they will take your guns, and no, all your Second Amendment bluster aside, you are not going to do anything about it. You are not going to take on a platoon of Marines with state-of-the-art automatic weapons and the best body armor you cannot buy protected by armed personnel carriers and attack helicopters unless you choose to die that day — for nothing. You will either be in the country or out, and if you are in, you will stay in and you will comply.

That is your choice… for the moment.

Regards,

Jim Karger

for The Daily Reckoning

Read more: When They Come For Your Guns, You Will Turn Them Over http://dailyreckoning.com/when-they-come-for-your-guns-you-will-turn-them-over/#ixzz2GOZrarDZ

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Bury them like the Australians did! :whistle:

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Other Timeline

They will not come for your guns, as that would mean to overthrow the government of the United States which defends our Constitution.

But I have a similar relevant scenario: let's say you get abducted by extraterrestrial aliens, and wake up in their space ship and need to go to the bathroom but can't read the signs. What do you do?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

They will not come for your guns, as that would mean to overthrow the government of the United States which defends our Constitution.

Do you understand how silly that statement is? :blink:

That is almost as silly as the prying from the cold fingers statement.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Eh, all is not lost so long as you take a few of them with you.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

your suicide bomber mentality is showing.

When the government starts trying to seize control there are only 2 options:

1) Be the sheep for the slaughter and pray like hell you have allies that will come save you.

or

2) Start fighting back immediately and show that you and your peers will resist a hostile government to your freedoms.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Small unit tactics are fine, up to a point. I don't think many of the posters here are adequately versed and trained in such tactics, and have frequent enough contact with others of similar ability, or have established a network with other similar groups, and possible sources of resupply, such as propositioned caches of food, drinking water, medical supplies, batteries, ammunition, etc. Of course, if they did, such groups (militias, and survivalist organizations, for example) would quickly be identified by the authorities, and those would the targets of the first raids, before the public ever became aware of what was happening.

When the government starts trying to seize control there are only 2 options:

1) Be the sheep for the slaughter and pray like hell you have allies that will come save you.

or

2) Start fighting back immediately and show that you and your peers will resist a hostile government to your freedoms.

i live ten minutes from mount weather. people have bunkers all over this valley.

if someone could tell me what the government would hope to accomplish via hostile takeover, i might entertain this line of thinking. imo - the government has us all in perfect control right now..if it ain't broke don't fix it.

When the government starts trying to seize control...

The government is already in control. The question is, what will you do when they exercise that control in your proximate location? Usually, the amount of force the government applies is sufficient to overwhelm any resistance. Usually, not always. It is those unusual occurrences when things get ugly, property is destroyed, and people get hurt or killed.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I look at this way.

1. A percentage of the military would defect

2. A large percentage of police would defect especially in rural counties

3. If only 1 in 10 gun owners resisted that would be about 4.5 million people

4. If 1 in 200 gun owners declared an underground war that would be roughly 2 million people targeting federal structures and institutions and they would likely have access to high power military equipment from those who defect be they police or military.

Edited by Usui Takumi

I look at this way.

1. A percentage of the military would defect

2. A large percentage of police would defect especially in rural counties

4. If 1 in 200 gun owners declared an underground war that would be roughly 2 million people targeting federal structures and institutions and they would likely have access to high power military equipment from those who defect be they police or military.

You turn off the power, the phones, the water, the natural gas, and close the highways, and ports, so that no food goes to the stores, no fuel goes to the service stations, and nobody gets out. This is the scenario if an earthquake 8.0 or higher hits California. Then you move in the military after a couple weeks to look for survivors.

Interesting math...

#3 comes to 45 million gun owners

#4 comes to 400 million gun owners

:whistle: