YpsiFella

Repeat Application for I-130 - Cover Letter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are making I-130 application for me (wife is USC). I had a green card but have abandoned it - in reality in June 2011 - and formally three weeks ago with an I- 407 when confronted at the border.

We are actually about to make application again so I can re-establish my permanent residency in the US - we have to get my wife closer to family. As I make application this time I have the following questions:

1. I presume that I should use and reference on the I-130 my previous A number - correct?

2. How should I deal with this in the cover letter? I presume that we should reference the previous green card but what else should we say, if anything?

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks.

I haven't been through your situation, but I suspect they would be interested in your reasons for abandoning status, confirmation that you intend to reside in the US permanently this time round and why it is so important to you - ie if there are any reasons behind your wife's need to return to close proximity with family.

Staff at USCIS are human, they understand that we take decisions that seem best at the time but turn out to be "wish I'd seen that coming" somewhere down the line.

Just be honest with your cover letter and I'm sure they will give you unbiased decisions. :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Timeline

I haven't been through your situation, but I suspect they would be interested in your reasons for abandoning status, confirmation that you intend to reside in the US permanently this time round and why it is so important to you - ie if there are any reasons behind your wife's need to return to close proximity with family.

Staff at USCIS are human, they understand that we take decisions that seem best at the time but turn out to be "wish I'd seen that coming" somewhere down the line.

Just be honest with your cover letter and I'm sure they will give you unbiased decisions. :)

Thank you - it is what I assumed.

I just realized also that I should have posted this in the CR-1/IR-1 forum so if it shows up there don't be surprised. Sorry Moderator!

Timeline

I also should have asked the following additional question.

Should I title the cover letter ORIGINAL SUBMISSION as I did previously? Technically this is a new original submission I believe - correct?

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

how did you get the previous GC and why did you abandon it? pls share as this may help responses to structuring your cover letter

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I posted this by mistake in another forum and I assume it should have been here (sorry Moderator).

We are making I-130 application for me (wife is USC). I had a green card but have abandoned it - in reality in June 2011 - and formally three weeks ago with an I- 407 when confronted at the border.

We are actually about to make application again so I can re-establish my permanent residency in the US - we have to get my wife closer to family. As I make application this time I have the following questions:

1. I presume that I should use and reference on the I-130 my previous A number - correct?

2. How should I deal with this in the cover letter? I presume that we should reference the previous green card but what else should we say, if anything?

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. Just a brief description of why you did not maintain your permanent residence. The rest will be in their records.

What is actually happening is your wife is filing a petition for alien relative, in your behalf. So, the cover letter and I-130 signed by her. When the petition is approved, you will be allowed to apply for a new IR1 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

We would have been quite happy staying in the US but my employer was getting ready to fold. They gave a few of us in management a heads up to leave because they couldn't afford to pay us anymore. I looked for work but the economy was SO bad at the time that I wasn't having any luck. A solid job offer came up in Canada (where I am from) so we took the certain offer. I will have the whole challenge of working again but am closer to retirement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~Duplicate topics merged. No need to re post the same question, if you noticed it in the wrong section you(or someone else) can report it, or leave it. A Moderator or organiser will move it when they come across it.~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.