mamichou

DOES CSC TAKES 9 MONTHS TO PROCESS K1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Stop looking at time lines. Stop reading what is happening to others. You are unique like everyone else. Some go faster, some go slower and there is nothing you can do about it. Many more applications are filed during the summer and fewer during the winter and processing times will vary.Holidays play a role as well. Sometimes they will concentrate on one type of visa to reduce the back log at the expense of another type of visa. There is nothing you can do about it..except relax.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how you said that. they said its just going to be 5 mos its case to case basis guys.. soon we will get our noa2 hang in there instaedwe have to pray harder

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Mamichou you'll have to be patient as you only filed in September and they are working on mid-July as of my phone call to them 12/20. Wait your 5 months and put in a service request. Waiting is the hardest part, I know...I've been waiting, too & have a baby due soon. There's no way my SO is gonna make it here for baby but, it's not the end of the world. We need to be grateful we have skype and messenger, cheap international calling plans and facebook. When my brother was in the Philippines 13 years ago we were lucky to have a 5 minute phone call from him once a month and had to wait for actual letters from the post office.

This process will teach you patience even if you don't want to learn it. Hang in there and try to focus on other things or you will drive yourself CRAZY. (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The rumor about the 9 months is in regards to delays because of the DREAM Act, which started allowing applications in August. The delay is almost definitely exaggerated, though it is realistic to expect some type of delay (perhaps pushing the average out to 6 months). As a California resident I've already begun contacting my senators, as one is a co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, asking for more information and will report back if they find anything out.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

indeed we have to be all patient .. this waiting is worth it trust me guys :)

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hopefully my love and I will receive something from the CSC soon. We're currently at 5 months and 10 days at this point and we had hoped that she would be interviewing right about now. All the best to you all over your journeys...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.